It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Best Way to Die" Steven Tyler’s $1.1 Million, 1,244 HP Convertible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Who says "Money can't buy you love"?

jalopnik.com...

The Hennessey Venom GT Spyder will accelerate to 200mph in 15.9 seconds, eight seconds faster than a Bugatti Veyron. Tyler was the first person to ask if he could have his without a top.

"Steven came to us last year and asked if we could build his Venom GT as a roadster," says John Hennessey. "We had to make a few structural changes to our integrated rollcage in order to be able to fit the removable top. This increased the weight of our vehicle by about 30 lbs to a curb weight of 2743 lbs (1244 kilograms). We decided to increase the Venom GTs power to 1244 bhp to maintain our 1 horsepower per 1 kilogram power to weight ratio."

Only five Venom GTs will be built this year and Tyler's remains the only convertible. At a price of $1.1 million for the Lotus Exige chassis lengthened and braced to make room for a 7.0-liter, twin-turbo V8, it's easy to understand why interested customers are few and far between.

When Matt rode in a prototype a year ago, he described the hand-built supercar as, "the best way to die."

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

200mph in 15.9 seconds, eight seconds faster than a Bugatti Veyron

You've got my interest.

We decided to increase the Venom GTs power to 1244 bhp to maintain our 1 horsepower per 1 kilogram power to weight ratio.

Eminently sensible.

a 7.0-liter, twin-turbo V8

I'm sorry, but at this point I cracked up. I've still got tears in my eyes.

S&F. What else can you say?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Thats a little pricey. Have you ever heard of Nelson Racing? Well if you want HP. check this out!!

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
NRE drool drool. No replacement for displacement.

new topics

top topics

join