It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man in Gas Mask and Boiler Suit Driving Plain White Van with Sirens - What did i see yesterday?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Yesterday (June 1st 2012) I was in London on Oxford Street at around 11.30am when I saw one of the strangest things I've ever seen.

I'm not saying it's some kind of bizarre case but I just want to know what the hell I saw.

Basically a white van, that just looked like any old plain work van, came spinning down the road with sirens blaring. Strangely where the brake lights are on a van was where the blue lights for the siren were flashing. I don't know if it was a modified van or if this is common, but I've never actually seen a totally unmarked van like that have sirens.

Driving the van was a man in a white boiler suit with a full blacked out gas mask on. The traffic jammed and he was struggling to get around a bus so I got a close look. I should've taken a picture but I was kind of frozen, it just looked so weird.

It wasn't just me who was freaked out either, everyone on the street was stuck in a WTF moment.

Someone said it could be a chemical clean up guy, possibly, but why the sirens and where was the chemical spill?

Any insight into this would be helpful.
edit on 2-6-2012 by Scope and a Beam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Probably just Chris Moyles late for work.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Scope and a Beam

Possibly some sort of security exercise for the Olympics?
That is creepy as hell.
Have you tried calling the cops and asking them?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Perhaps you should report the incident to an agency?

It doesn't seem right for something like that to happen. If it was an official, government team or crew, the van would most probably have been marked. I would file that under suspicious activity, even with the sirens blazing. Have you thought of reporting it to MI5?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

maybe he was a gas inspector, if there is a leaking gas pipeline they have (in many countrys) the right to drive with sirens and the gas mask would also be explained...

or he was a high profil pest control technician...

the missing marks may be there but very small...like a small sentence on one of the doors like "federal pest control" or something....sometimes they do not put big marks on the cars to prevent panic...

OR he was "men in white"...the special team of MiB

edit on 2-6-2012 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

edit on 2-6-2012 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Neysa

No actually I could give them a call and see if they can shed any light on it.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scope and a Beam
Driving the van was a man in a white boiler suit with a full blacked out gas mask on.

It's very strange that the guy would be driving around with a full blacked out gas mask on. It would be very dangerous, would it not? If this is something official then they seriously need to adjust their procedures to allow for a driver that isn't suited up.

Have you ever had a full gas mask on? You can't see jack to the right or left and turning your head to look isn't as easy as when you don't have one on. Doesn't sound like the optimal driving condition to me, at all.

I highly doubt it's anyone in an "official" capacity. If so, whoever they work for (gas company, etc.) seriously has some liability issues.
edit on 2/6/2012 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Some sort of joke played by a member of the public(which wouldn't be too hard)or an exercise drill for the Olympics.

I can imagine how freaked out you must of been though.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Maybe he was transporting a biohazard IN the van? Why else would he be driving with it on? You are right about it being dangerous.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Thus why i stated that it is suspicious.

It isn't normal for an unmarked white van to come screaming down the street with sirens on. Furthermore, the fact that the guy had a gas mask on is just plain stupid and weird. No one is stupid enough to drive with one on, that is unless if the van had a substance in it.

This incident has suspicion written all over it...

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessdalen

This seems plausible. But then there's still the issue of a totally unmarked van. If he was British Gas it'd be marked, and if he was independent surely he'd have his van covered in the name of his business with the telephone number - it's free advertising he'd be mad not to.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
he might of been carrying something in the back... reminds me of the return of the living dead....

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
You might have seen the fall-out of an international incident, something that happened in the realm of spies and assassination plots, like the guy who was killed by the Russians using radioactive isotopes. Maybe the driver had recovered a body/ suspicious package on behalf of the security services, and there was a need for covert maneuvering (unmarked van) and yet urgency at the same time (sirens).

If you report it to MI5 it is highly unlikely that you'd get any info on what went down - I suspect they already know all about it, and are rather pissed off that it's ended up being so non-covert.

edit on 2-6-2012 by FlyInTheOintment because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Weird people are EVERYWHERE.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

A few years ago on the Discovery channel (alledge NWO propaganda BUT one of the few good channels left
) Had a show about how a dirty bomb I London could affect the whole UK. It was a "Muslem" group with a white van, Blast furnace and gas masks so very creepy either way. They then fired the dirty bomb near the center of London, It showed the radiation levels here and there, it showed the blast zones and what the TV talking heads (newspeople) may say.

What creeped me out was it came out in 2008 BEFORE London was chosen to host the Olympics, I hope for all our sakes what you saw WAS NOT the preparement for a simliar thing. Good Luck my friend

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Last summer my husband and brother and I were eating at a restaurant in the outdoor portion. While we were sitting there a jeep with four people drove around the building beeping their horn and then drove off. They were all wearing gas masks as well. We just chalked it up to people messing around.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

If it was an unmarked white van with covert blue strobes in the rear light cluster then it was without any doubt a Police vehicle or an "authorised agency vehicle" working under police authority.

If it were a film vehicle then it's usual practise to have magnetic signs with the text "Film Car" on the sides/front/back not visible to the direction of the camera.

It is more likely to be an element of our security services undertaking a live exercise/practise in anticipation of the olympics. The vehicle would have been observed by Westminster CCTV control/ANPR cameras.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by radioboffin

If it was an unmarked white van with covert blue strobes in the rear light cluster then it was without any doubt a Police vehicle or an "authorised agency vehicle" working under police authority.

If it were a film vehicle then it's usual practise to have magnetic signs with the text "Film Car" on the sides/front/back not visible to the direction of the camera.

It is more likely to be an element of our security services undertaking a live exercise/practise in anticipation of the olympics. The vehicle would have been observed by Westminster CCTV control/ANPR cameras.

Ya maybe an exercise drill for the Olympics.
a test to see how many people would report it
Testing the amount of feedback they would get
Or the bad guy testing there route

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
If it had blue lights, then it was a governmental vehicle, all other emergency vehicles have to use orange lights, whether they be be for gas companies, highway emergency vehicles etc. The only other light allowed to be used is a green light, which is used by on call doctors on emergency call out, and it is very rare you will see one of those these days.

It cannot of been a film crew because they have to cordon off any area they are filming and not allowed to simulate emergencies on public highways and byways that are open to the public.

It does seem strange he was running his emergency lights and wearing a gas mask, my only thought is it could be as mentioned before, he was carrying some potential chemical or biological hazard, like a suspected biological bomb, it does not have to be a real one, if it is even suspected they would race it out of a populated area double quick time.

If it was something real, we will probably never hear about it, they only release information on the stuff they do, got to guide public opinion

new topics

top topics

join