It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bain of the Night Owl

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I know im not the only person out there with this "serious" issue...

I am what you would call a night owl... Im up til all hours of the night, usually til 4am at least. I read ATS forums, and play the the occasional video game. Have a few beers... read, or whatever i feel like doing to occupy my time.

Recently i've had to endure several Morning shifts at my jobs... And let me tell ya. I hate bloody morning time!!

I just don't feel right... Im barely conscious when i wake up until i have my coffee, and even then it takes a good hour before i feel normal...

Of course i've been like this nearly all my life... even back when i was about 12 i used to stall constantly when bed time came around. I always wanted to say up later and later...

I just don't know how you morning people do it... i mean everything is backwards...

Its so bright!!

The sun... Its on the wrong side of the sky!!

And these little critters called birds are constantly screaming at me from the trees!!

Where has my beautiful night time gone?

Its so quiet and peaceful... No dogs barking... No traffic... and theres stars, with their alluring twinkle... but now im stuck with this damn bright thing hanging over me.

*sigh*

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I have that problem most of the time...get this one,one block down..fire station...the other block down..ambulance station.........sirens going off left and right.....I live on a main artery and only sleep when the kids have been beat down(figure of speech).....last time I had a good lay down an OBE occured ....try it

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

...compared to the general population and relative to societal requirements. People with DSPD generally fall asleep some hours after midnight and have difficulty waking up in the morning.

Delayed sleep phase disorder

Yep, thats me.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I have a hard time sleeping at night too. We should form a Night Owl club or something.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

...compared to the general population and relative to societal requirements. People with DSPD generally fall asleep some hours after midnight and have difficulty waking up in the morning.

Delayed sleep phase disorder

Yep, thats me.

Disorder?

Nuuuu...

They call everything a disorder these days... and they seem to have a pill for everything as well.

How about we just call it "night owlism"

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Fellow Night Owl here. You can't forget the cool of the night is just great especially if you don't have air conditioning. I live in a rural area so its pretty quiet most of the time but the added peacefulness and quiet of the night is welcomed. You can hear a lot better aswell. I can hear an occasional train 10 miles away. You also have a better chance at seeing wildlife or what have you at night. In fact, two nights ago a bear came about 20 feet from the house to eat the sunflower seeds out of the bird feeders. Interestingly enough, that afternoon I had just refilled the feeders with black sunflower seeds and dumped out the mix of corn and stuff because the birds weren't eating it and that very night the bear showed up. He ended up busting up one of the feeders but I didn't mind. He was yearling probably 250-300 pounds.

edit on 3-6-2012 by MrSandman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join