It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How gold and anti-austerity will make the Deutschmark the new Global Reserve Currency

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Everyone has their predictions of how the global markets will collapse, and I have one for not only the collapse, but what might possibly come of it as well (barring all-out war, which just flips the whole game board and upends everyone's plans): the rise of the Deutschmark as the new Global Reserve Currency.

In a nutshell, we have essentially all of the Eurozone funded by Germany with more funding need by most, certainly the PIIGS countries and anti-austerity France with all of its unemployment issues. Much of this is largely due to uncontrolled debt, a fate Germany has avoided by its early adopting of austerity policies and the strength of its credit (among other things, but let's keep it short). They cannot legally fund Eurobonds by making open-ended loans to other countries, so they must make a loophole that will allow them to pump more increasingly-worthless Euros into those countries while the gettin' is still good:

Eurobonds backed by sovereign gold

Countries who have been through currency collapse recently are also stocking up on gold while the US is not:

Gold increasingly important

So where does that leave us in terms of dominoes? My prediction:

1) Spain and Greece exit the Euro, moderate-to-serious banking panic follows in Europe, moderate hits on the US and Asian markets.

2) The remaining countries, especially Italy and France, continue to push for anti-austerity measures and end up hat-in-hand asking Germany to get on with those Eurobonds, please, and here's 20% of our gold as collateral.

3) Germany is given power over the bond repayment fund as agreed, and all of the money in the world still doesn't save the big-spenders from their financial woes and the massively over-leveraged financial institutions sucking off their citizens, and they all eventually exit the Euro, giving up their 20% gold as they leave.

The remaining PIIGS nations hold a reported gold reserve (in-country) as follows:
(In tonnes)
-Italian Republic 2,451.8
-Portuguese Republic 382.5
-Republic of Ireland 6.0

That's 568.06 tonnes of gold into Germany's coffers----at a hefty Euro price, mind you, but stay with me.

4) France eventually caves to its own anti-austerity yoke and finally leaves the Euro as well, perhaps deciding to take the gold hit in exchange for its freedom back. Their stash of gold? It's the big one: 2,435.4 tonnes. That's an extra 487.08 tonnes of gold for Germany!

5) The US eventually caves to all of its debt woes and the contagion from Europe, its credit downgraded again on inability to cut the deficit and introduce austerity of its own, and a massive depression of unseen proportions hits.
Lindsey Graham says "um, around December"

6) Germany returns to the Deutschmark, backed by its new stash injection of 1055.14 tonnes of gold, to bring its grand reported total to 4451.44 tonnes, compared to the US's reported total of 8,133.5 tonnes. It's still second to the US, but by less now.

7) China's economy continues its tumble spurred by exports to the US and Europe drastically falling, and when the snowball gets rolling there, it picks up speed exponentially more quickly because of its enormous population. They are kicked out of the running for any hope of being the new GRC any time soon.

8) The Fed is finally audited, right on schedule (thanks to the finally-viral campaigns of Paul et al), and Fort Knox made to give up its secrets: will there be gold, or won't there?

If there's not........

Welcome to the new Global Reserve Currency. Sprechen sie deutsch?
edit on 2-6-2012 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Please, educate me again on FIAT currencies ... and how they win, regardless of name.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Not going to happen. If the Eurozone goes,so does it's creditor Germany.That's just common sense unless they can be the the first to actually get blood out of a stone.
B.R.I.C.S trumps paper,rocks,scissors.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Well, if point 2) fails, you theory falls. I don´t think it will go this way, but that´s just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

I'm skeptical that the BRICS can really avoid the landslide that is coming. A goodly portion of many of their economies depend upon exports that are sent to Western nations.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

what if the USA found a way to make gold. I know how stupid that sounds and how wishful thinking it sounds. But i heard they handed china fake gold a while back. I just think hell we landed on the moon, split an atom,cloned a goat ect how hard would it be to make gold? They let the world economy tank, the price of gold skyrockets a couple of months later they "find a large depots of gold and other precious metals" and start buying out everyone

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
gold can be made, its just so radio-active its not worth it, plus the cost of the 'raw' materials.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by pikestaff

there is a bacteria called pedomicrobium that helps makes gold
if it could be genetically modified it could produce gold a lot faster. no radioactive material lol

here's the link www.abc.net.au...

edit on 2-6-2012 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Nice theory you got there, but I feel it's more wishful thinking on your part than anything else. And you forgot to add one last point (or maybe even two): 1. should all this come true WW III follows and by the end of it and if it escalates to nuclear earth becomes inhabitable for a long, long time and us humans go the way of the Dodo or a few manage to survive here and there and we are basically back to the Stone Ages. 2. Global TPTB, basically that's all Capitalists, decide that the only way out of this global mess is to write off all debts and let every nation start with a fresh clean slate. The Ancient Hebrews had such a provision for private debt every 7 years, I believe, and the Ancient Athenians had the same and called it σεισάχθεια.

Finally, please, consider not to use the acronym PIIGS, because it used to be PIGS which is clearly a fascist derogatory term (it is fascist because that was the rationale used by German fascists to make it easier to eradicate religious and/or ethnic minorities. They made them into subhumans.) Ask yourself why PIGS? Why not any other combination, let's say GIPS ordered by first to need a bailout, plus Spain which is basically too big to rescue, especially since Italy joined the club, so that would make the acronym GIPSI (oops, does resemble Gypsy, bad idea, but if the domino effect kicks in France will soon join) and it will be GIPSIF.) Of course, the Germans might pull out first out of the Euro and go back to the Deutsche Mark, it's highly unlikely IMHO though. The tragedy of the Euro is what some US American taught me here some time ago: you can't have a currency union without achieving fiscal union first. But that dreamed died when several countries failed to ratify the draft for the European Constitution, the final step to becoming the United States of Europe.
edit on 2/6/2012 by WalterRatlos because: spelling and grammar

edit on 2/6/2012 by WalterRatlos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by digital01anarchy

That would be an alchemist dream come true. I don't think this technology exists yet. Sounds more the replicator from science fiction.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Did you read the post.....at all? Of course Germany will exit the Euro, that's the plan, but they will do it 1k tonnes of gold richer, exchanged for that worthless Euro that no one uses anymore. There's your blood from the stone.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by WalterRatlos

Not wishful thinking at all----I benefit from the dollar being the GRC! I don't want it to fall, but fall it must at some point. They always do.

I did make a caveat that this was my prediction *barring all-out war*, so I definitely see that point. War happens, and all bets are off. But the threat of war might actually make the citizens of these countries stand up and finally say "no".

I can see a debt reset happening, but not without a new global currency to back it, and the logistics of that are huge. I'm not sure we're actually technologically ready for it yet. Electronic banking is one thing, but cash is still needed for some things, and trying to distribute that would be madness. It would also take a literal NWO to govern it (as we've seen proven with the Euro), and I don't think there's time for that. Perhaps in the future as a result of all these changes, but not within the next year or two.

And while I agree that "PIIGS" was indeed intended to be derogatory, it's what everyone recognizes as the acronym for them now, and I don't really have space to explain my different acronym all the time. Sucks, but there you have it.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
No, if they let Greece default they will probably launch a media campaign to scare the rest of the Eurozone nations back into supporting the Euro. You know the MSM tactics we talk about on ATS. Pictures of skinny people in line with wheelbarrows full of Drachmas trying to buy bread.

They won't show any fat Greeks decadently celebrating the default, the Irish might get Jealous then the Spaniards and Portugese.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Cauliflower

Exactly, let Greece default and milk it, so the rest of them agree to putting up their gold for Eurobonds. Then let it all crash anyways.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

[BTW, he means $0.83, not $83 silver hike.]

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
And now Soros throws his hat in on the scheme, and gives an ominous 3-month "warning"

Germany and its central bank are unlikely to lead the way out of the euro zone debt crisis within three months time, after which it will be too late, U.S. billionaire George Soros said on Saturday.

[...]He said it would take German authorities "an extraordinary effort" to gather public support in the coming three months for the measures which are needed to halt current trends.

"We need to do whatever we can to convince Germany to show leadership and preserve the European Union as the fantastic object that it used to be," he said.

I'm sure he's up to the effort.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

You should seriously think about making this story a book.
I don't think your vision is going to become true, but it's scary close to possible in a slightly more insane world lol.
I'm not meaning to offend you in any way... but seriously, this would make for a great eco-endtime-thriller as a book or even a movie lol.
edit on 10-6-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Of course Germany will exit the Euro, that's the plan,...

We were bound to the Euro in exchange for our reunification.

Our only chance is to be the last country using the Euro. After this moment we could rename it.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by greyhat

Of course Germany will exit the Euro, that's the plan,...

We were bound to the Euro in exchange for our reunification.

Our only chance is to be the last country using the Euro. After this moment we could rename it.

How effed up is that? Your own damn countries wanted to reunify, but the rest of Europe gets to put strings on it? What BS! Germany should (and might, after they're the only ones with any money left) tell the rest of Europe to suck it.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Berlin is winning big time with this build-up euro crises. even investors are willing to lose money investing in germany, according to the 2 year zero-interested bonds. plus, all across europe, companies and familys are changing from their national banks to german banks to "save" their economys. Berlin is damaging all economys to the south countries in order to maintain their big fat belly. it will be a north-south civil war if they dont backup

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join