It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds to Florida: halt non-citizen voter purge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Am I wrong in thinking the gov doesn't even bother giving us a reason for their actions regardless of the idiocy? This is better than Illinois's new backseat mandatory seatbelt law advertising,"It protects you from zombies."

Miami Herald

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I really expected to hear some opinions on a subject such as this. It basically says the state cannot stop illegal immigrants from voting. Or did I misinterpret?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Well, we have a non-citizen president, so why can't non-citizens vote?

Look at what we have to do to prove residency to get a driver's license?
We need to show a birth certificate as well as some proof that we live there. Utility bills, car registration.deed to house.......

But just anyone can register to vote????????????????

More proof that I have been right all along....the human species is indeed insane.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

You misinterpreted. Florida is purging anyone that doesn't have proof of citizenship on the state record. The problem is that it's the state's problem that there's no record of citizenship, not the voters.

People have been getting letters saying that they're not eligible to vote and have 30 days to respond before they're purged from the voter rolls. People have been responding, saying they are citizens and they are eligible to vote. Therein lies the problem, they've been eligible all along and shouldn't have gotten a letter in the first place. How many others have gotten a letter when they're perfectly eligible to vote?

The system that Florida setup was horribly flawed and the DoJ realizes this, that's why they want the purge to stop.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
How else is Obama going to win? He needs the votes of the non-citizens and the dead. Stop messing with his mojo.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
While the system and data Florida is using to conduct this purge is flawed, they have requested the assistance of the Department of Homeland Security which has much more accurate databases which could be used to assist in determining eligibility. The problem is DHS has not responded to their requests.

I've noticed that in recent times whenever a state attempts to enact laws that might discourage the practice of illegal immigration....and in this case the possibility of ineligible voters, the government takes a hard line against their actions. And it bugs me lot.

It almost seems as if they are protecting the "rights" of illegal immigrants, while people who diligently adhere to the legal immigration process are subject to thousands in fee's, incredible wait times, thorough and sometimes quite lengthy background checks, and their legal US resident or petitioner is also required to prove their income is above 125% of poverty base on the total number of people in their household plus the potential immigrant (over and over and over again) and sign a contract with the government that their beneficiary will not access any means tested public benefits for I believe the first 10 years here....if they do the petitioner is required to reimburse the government

Does anyone else see a problem with this picture??

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
How else is Obama going to win? He needs the votes of the non-citizens and the dead. Stop messing with his mojo.

Don't worry, the dead seem to vote for Republicans also. At least here in Texas.
edit on 2-6-2012 by Kaploink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I have a problem with all LEGAL voters NOT being in a national AND state database linked with their biometric scan. Once a LEGAL voter places a vote, the biometric scan locks out that voter for the rest of the state and country immediately. We do have the internet now.

new topics

top topics

join