It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toronto Sun Joning The Propaganda on Syria, Syria's Assad must go, Israel Mentioned

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
TorontoSun
Notice the first lie up, in the article.

If nothing else, the rash of massacres that have been going on in Syria since the start of the Libyan rebellion some 16 months ago prove the inability of the UN to do what the UN was first set up to do.

have been going on in Syria since the start of the Libyan rebellion some 16 months ago prove the inability of the UN

I have to say for a co-founder of the Toronto Sun this was the most one of the shortest artlices that i have seen yet.
without backing anything up with his claims nor providing evidence.

This Toronto Sun article Syria's Assad must go, reminded me of a rant. Rather then an actual article or an opinion piece.

This is why in my opinion Journalism has dead a long time just read through these statements.

He OK’d the presence of observers, and then continues killing.

Along with countries like the U.S., France, Britain, Germany, Italy, Spain and Australia, Canada has declared Syrian diplomats persona non grata and booted them out.

Here comes the part about shelling, even though the victims were killed by gun excitations.

Witnesses have said that some 20 were killed by Syrian shellfire, tanks and heavy weapons (including artillery and mortars), the rest by civilian militia working with the Syrian regime, who went house to house killing everyone they found, children included.

Witnesses have said that some 20 were killed by Syrian shellfire, tanks and heavy weapons (including artillery and mortars)

Those reports by these supposed Witnesses are unconfirmed and cant even verify them if they for real or made up accounts as seen in Libyas case.

The author doesn't believe the terrorists are in Sryia

He blames al-Qaida and terrorists for killings that stretch into thousands — which is a cop-out.

A cop-out you say Peter? really? so care to explain this image?

In the back it apparently shows the same Al qaeda flag or the terrorist flag if you will. dont bother asking Peter Worthington the co founder of the Toronto Sun.

But maybe you have been wondering? why do i see this as a rant then anything else?

When Assad calls them “terrorists,” he is correct. What he doesn’t say is the Shabiha are his terrorists, sort of proxy killers for the Syrian army.

Assad also blames the Free Syrian Army (FSA) which is in the area.

Observers have pointed out that civilians in FSA territory are still alive, while those outside FSA control are mostly murdered.

End of argument about who is responsible.

End of argument about who is responsible? is that the best argument that Peter Worthington could come out with?

And most of the part of that argument is a bit confusing.

What he doesn’t say is the Shabiha are his terrorists, sort of proxy killers for the Syrian army.

Assad also blames the Free Syrian Army (FSA) which is in the area.

SSo peter claims that He Blames Assad Thugs, Shabiha for short in Arabic, i guess the free press decided it was not the best idea to call them Goverment Thugs, because that would make it more obvious that its propaganda.

But when you use a new word that some readers and viewers wont understand like Shabiha for insistence, they wont tell the difference between the two, unless the mainstream news outlets explains to them.

This line by Peter is quite laughable. In where he mentions Israel just like Danny the activist did on CNN.

Maybe Assad’s own military realize he should be replaced? Maybe the Israelis can be consulted — or even U.S. Seal Team Six.

Ugh lets send in the Israelis which they can be consulted?? or better send in the U.S. Seal Team Six? you cant be serious.

But wait what will Israel gain out of Sryia conflict again?

The main trouble is Assad himself.

He has got to go.

And replace Assad with who then? the SNC (Sryian National Council) who work behind the shadows in Turkey? and why have they placed themselves in Turkey? thats another big question still unanswered.

I am Not saying Assad is an angel however the recent outcry's by the Free Sryian Army after the massacre happened and the way they were requesting for an military intervention, only further proves that the FSA and the hired guns were behind the massacre of May 24.

That killed those 100 people.

This is the worst Column i have read in recent years. I though would liked to posted it here because it mention Israel yet again.

This is coming from a writer who wrote a colum tiled

Elephants need to move before it's too late.

Very strong and negative reaction from a lot of readers.

new topics

join