It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MoveOn Going Bankrupt:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
MoveOn, a giant in the progressive political world and an early endorser of Barack Obama in 2008, warns that it might have to “pull the plug” on key campaigns to help Obama and Senate Democrats if its 7 million members don’t pony up with at least $5.

washingtonexaminer.com...

In the Obama economy not even far left forum and the website which started OWS can stay alive. Well, technically they are staying alive just to support Obama. But, we'll see how many people stick around Moveon.org to pay the $5 fee, weather you endorse Obama or not on that site, you'll have to pay the price. And... you'll know where that money is going.

Obama has alienated a lot of far left liberals and radical democrats because he has not stuck to his morals. Whatever they may be, they are now lost in the black hole of corruption which is now US political Madness
edit on 2-6-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Apparently they’re sending out email blast to everyone they can.

Sent: December 30, 2011
To: XXXXX
Subject: Disappearing MoveOn?

Dear MoveOn member,

Between work or school, and paying the bills, and taking out the trash, and checking out that new XBox/trash set, you probably don't think about MoveOn too much.

When you do, you probably think we send you too much email. Almost everyone thinks we do (except my mother-in-law, God bless her).

But you're probably also glad for the work that gets done thanks to all those emails. Glad that whenever the Republicans come after working Americans, MoveOn members are there fighting back. That whenever a proud progressive like Elizabeth Warren comes under attack, we stick up for them. That every day, MoveOn is a channel for millions of people to speak truth to the powerful—Republican OR Democrat.

Twenty-four hours a day, 365 days a year, we're a rapid response progressive political alarm system. Sure, sometimes you just click delete. But imagine if MoveOn disappeared and the work so many people do through MoveOn stopped happening altogether.

Not to get technical, but it would be bad.

To avoid that—to keep MoveOn going and growing—costs money, even though we keep our staff small and work from home to keep overhead low. Right now, to make ends meet, we need to raise $400,000 by the end of the year.

That's not a lot—in fact if every MoveOn member gave just 5 cents, we'd be all set. If every MoveOn member gave a few dollars, it would cover our budget for years.

Sadly though, not everyone can. Too many MoveOn members are unemployed, or have seen their hours or benefits cut, or are having health problems—and really truly can't afford anything.

So if you're blessed enough this holiday season to have a few bucks in your pocket, please chip in to keep MoveOn fighting hard for the issues we all care about. And if you can afford it, kick in a couple extra to cover some folks who are hurting.

I'll contribute $5.

At the end of the day, MoveOn is its members—we're a platform for millions of people from all walks of life who take time out of busy lives to fight for what's right. Please donate $5 so we can keep being there for every important fight in 2012.

Thanks for all you do,

–Justin and the rest of the team
link

I hope this self-proclaimed “rapid response progressive political alarm system” crumbles. All of their ads simply blame Bush for 4 years of Obama failures!

Meh….

Pure propoganda.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

"When Republicans come after working Americans" .. I had to laugh.. I know several business owners that laid off dozens of workers because local Liberals voted for tax increases on small business owners. And I know even more prepping their workers for larger insurance premiums.

I would certainly cheer the downfall of MoveOn.org however .. it's backed by Soros .. I just don't see his little pet project falling down.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Are you clowns still focused on the party rhetoric?

Left, Right, Center, Corner, Outside edge, Creeping right, Creeping left..

Stop calling everyone names and focus on the issues for once. The US is falling apart in front of you and all you can do is cast blame on the left or right....#ing ridiculous...

It is no wonder the US will and is failing.
edit on 2-6-2012 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Come on guys "Justin and the rest of the team" need their pay checks so pony up your money.

2nd

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

I bet they do!! 

Seems like desire for other people's money is a common theme among Obama supporters. 

top topics

join