It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Europe Help America In WW3? Should They?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Too bad it didn't happen that way now, huh

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Germanicus

So you cant admit that there was no real legitimate justification for Pearl Harbor.

But let's go with your logic here
Cutting off their American Oil supplies and cutting off access to America steel because of the slaughtering they were doing in their war with China justifies their further aggression at Pearl Harbor?

Exactly. They were doing nothing to America.

Nothing.

As usual America acting like they own the world and manipulating a situation to get what they want.

And I never said there was justification. You did. Im using your logic. Keep up

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

My point is pretty straight forward, you've consistently expressed disgust at the bombing of Dresden yet chose not to openly condemn the bombings carried out during The Blitz.
By doing so it appeared that you were reluctant to condemn the actions of Nazi Germany.

You've clarified it now I think.

Perception and balance are both important and it's easy at times to ignore or forget about both, I know I do far too frequently.

link   
Here is some logic for someone:

The only thing keeping the American public on a leash is the Government and the only thing keeping the military on a leash is a dwindling political ideology. and anyone who says the US is an underdog:

Has a rude awakening.
edit on 2-6-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Stalin never expressed the desire, but with ww2. Stalin might have gotten the desire because the opportunity presented it self.

Stalin probably never thought that Hitler would attack Russia either after Hitler made a pack to divide Poland with them.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Here is some logic for someone:

The only thing keeping the American public on a leash is the Government and the only thing keeping the military on a leash is a dwindling political ideology. and anyone who says the US is an underdog:

Has a rude awakening.
edit on 2-6-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Well fix your economy.

Do you really think you should be on top because of your military? WTF?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by sith9157
reply to post by spy66

Too bad it didn't happen that way now, huh

I wouldn't say that. Done is done. Nothing we can do about it now

Its just to bad that we cant make the best out of our relation ships.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I don't take ANY politicians at their word, just simply pointing out that to my knowledge Stalin never once expressed any desire to dominate and control the whole of Europe.
To suggest anything other is conjecture.

I'm certainly not expressing any sort of admiration or agreement with him and his views etc.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

The US cutting off those American resources to Japan at the time was the USs right to do so. I dont care how you slice that pie.

According your logic when Iran cut off the US that's justification to attack them?

I'm sure there are plenty in Washington who would agree with your thinking. Are you sure you want to continue with this line of reasoning?
edit on 2-6-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Did he have a right to completely dominate Eastern Europe in the manner they did? What gave them that right? We have real world historical exmples on the books how that all went down.

I wouldn't trust him even with Germanicus life...

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Stalin never expressed the desire, but with ww2. Stalin might have gotten the desire because the opportunity presented it self.

But he MIGHT not have got the desire as well.
That he never expressed the desire suggests that the likeliest scenario is that he wouldn't have done so......of course I could quite easily be wrong....but I guess we'll never know.

My point was more aimed at those who state that if it wasn't for the USA the whole of Europe would be speaking Russian, there is nothing to suggest that's true at all.

Stalin probably never thought that Hitler would attack Russia either after Hitler made a pack to divide Poland with them.

Hitler had a track record of breaking treaties and agreements, as such Stalin would have been naive to the extreme if he hadn't considered the possibility and planned accordingly.
Which is why when Hitler was concentrating on winning The Battle Of Britain Stalin built up his military might.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

The US cutting off those American resources to Japan at the time was the USs right to do so. I dont care how you slice that pie.

According your logic when Iran cut off the US that's justification to attack them?

I'm sure there are plenty in Washington who would agree with your thinking. Are you sure you want to continue with this line of reasoning?

Pretty much by American logic. what would america do if a country did that to them?

you have such a superiority complex. America always has the 'right' dont they? They are always only just give simple 'orders'. WTF? And you wonder why the world hates you? Imagine if america was a person for a second. Then ask yourself if you would like that peron. I wouldnt.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

My point is pretty straight forward, you've consistently expressed disgust at the bombing of Dresden yet chose not to openly condemn the bombings carried out during The Blitz.
By doing so it appeared that you were reluctant to condemn the actions of Nazi Germany.

You've clarified it now I think.

Perception and balance are both important and it's easy at times to ignore or forget about both, I know I do far too frequently.

Tto be honest I am sick of hearing about what the enemy did. I am far more interested in the things that opened my eyes to how hypocritical history is. It is bs. Churchill was an evil man and there is no way around it. I no many think he is great but he was a low dishonourable piece of scum. he was scum in WW1 and he was scum in WW2.

And like I said,I didnt know about Dresden until I looked. It also seems that many dont know. Most people know what happened to the allies.

Its like many dont know Darwin was hit harder than Pearl Harbour because all we get is bs American propaganda.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I'm going to have to disagree with you in this thread, Germanicus. Hope you take no offense. Nothing personal.

I think the problem with this world is, we don't look at people as - people. We look at Americans as the United States. We look at Brits as the UK. We look at Germans as Germany. Aussies as Australia, Chinese as China, Russians as Russia, etc. etc. and so on and so forth.

You shouldn't be asking yourself, "Do we want to help America?". You should ask yourself, "Do we want to help Americans?". Defending a nation and defending a people are the same thing, but while there are a lot of reasons not to defend America, there are a literal #load of reasons to defend Americans. It all depends on various factors of course - who started the war, who's the underdog, who do *I* think is morally right, etc. But I, personally, am of the belief that while the safe thing to do is to stay out of the war, the RIGHT thing to do is to help one side, not for the sake of that nation, but for the sake of its people.

I'm from Sweden originally. My country stayed out of both World Wars. I'm not particularly ashamed of it, but it's not something we should be proud of either. I can only say that, if there was a new world war, I will be fighting in my own country's army, not to defend America's superpowers from China, but to help defend its people. Though, more than likely, the people needing defense will be in Europe, rather than America. Still, I hope my point gets across. In essence I'm saying, forget fighting and dying to defend the United States. Are you willing to fight and die to defend its people?

I also got to say... I've lived in the US for three months. In two, I'm going back to Sweden, where people are distanced from each other, and while not unfriendly, they are not outright friendly either. In America, or at least the places where I've been - Las Vegas and Springfield, Missouri - people are open-minded, friendly, polite, generous and welcoming.

So, personally, I will say this; Yes. I would definitely fight, and die, to defend these people.

edit on 2-6-2012 by Gauss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

You cant do it. You simply cant answer a simple question without sidestepping and redirecting.

Let me know when you can answer with both a straight face and answer.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I'm not saying Stalin had any right at all, but unfortunately we gave him the right at Yalta.

Like I said before, I'm not expressing any support for Stalin at all, I think he was quite an odious and horrible person who abused his power to the extreme.

But that's not relevant really to either this thread or the point I was trying to make, apparently quite badly.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Why would europe help, i mean really. They like to aggitate a problem and run away. Europe help. help what? They have a bunch of rich people over there. All they do is complain and aggitate. The common folk over there have to put up with this nonsense the elite put out there and the queen is part of this blastphamy. Every time there is a scandle, some one goes missing. Do i dare say, DIANNA.
I would say that europe would be the guy in the background saying kick his a#. So no, europe would not get involved. You just woulden't want anything bad to happen to all those nice castles over there, they are relics. Those poor squatters of rental america, know nothing about housing in the castle world of we the rich and elite that run this world. No europe will definately not help. Just like last time, we had to help them from the nazi. Now many years later and see how you get thanked. You get insulted by the rich. Squatters of america.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
Tto be honest I am sick of hearing about what the enemy did. I am far more interested in the things that opened my eyes to how hypocritical history is. It is bs.

In other words...

He wants to walk around with historical blinders on and ignore both historically verifiable contributing factors and context [Which is everything] when it shines a light into the dark corners of his flawed reasoning because it would expose it for what it is.

Myopic

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

You cant do it. You simply cant answer a simple question without sidestepping and redirecting.

Let me know when you can answer with both a straight face and answer.

what question?

about Iran?

If I was Iran I would attack you yes.

edit- I dont let people # with me.
edit on 2-6-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Tto be honest I am sick of hearing about what the enemy did.

So only what America has ever done!

Evil Evil America!!!

Because:

Tto be honest I am sick of hearing about what the enemy did.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join