It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Europe Help America In WW3? Should They?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus

Originally posted by BigBruddah
reply to post by Germanicus

You say everybody hates America, when really everybody hates their government.
You say Australia cannot be invaded when that is pure bs. We are divided and can be conquered, in ww2 darwin was bombed, mt isa was next (mineral/economic hub) and then it was down to the east coast. We are nowhere near as infallible as you say we are..

Its like saying I hate Queenslanders isnt it mate>

You cane toads are obnoxious and generally not too bright.

Look at your politicians for god sake.

You are missing the point.

edit-

Sure some happy chap is always going to pop up and say "Im Australian and most of us love America and blah blah blah.....)

Go Crocs!

edit on 2-6-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

You aren't bright if you think Australia is impossible to conquer. Anyone with half a brain knows that we aren't strong in a military sense. You said New Zealand has our backs for crying out loud. If the US were to fall we would be sitting ducks.

Look at our politicians what is that supposed to mean??? 99% of politicians are idiots and that is widely acknowledged. With the crap you spew out on a daily basis your starting to sound like you're a david hicks fanboy..

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

We could avoid attack through diplomacy.

Are you S***ting me?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut

You're not a warrior, so don't worry about it. When and if it goes down It'll be dealt with. You can just sit back , observe & make threads on ATS critiquing the actions of others.

In this world you can either Lead, Follow, or GTFO of the way.

edit on 2-6-2012 by EyesWideShut because: (no reason given)

When a war begins that I believe in I will enlist. Until then I will not.

That does not mean you are harder than me my friend. I am sick of military guys like you implying you are harder than the rest of us because you are militery.

If you joined then I respect your reasons but you are not harder than me. Please do not insult me.

I know from mates that the Australian Military brainwashes the young guys into thinking that they are above a civillian. I get the impression it must be the same wjere you were trained.

Please dont insult people. I am as hard as the next person. My country has never been threatened. I am not anti-war but anti-unjust war.

There is no need to be so arrogant and rude.

the thrust of my thread is that we should not all live in fear like a pathetic gaul. If you are scred,thats up to you. Be afraid. that is fine. I am not afraid of a world that does not have America at the top. I look forward to it in fact.

Dont be so very afraid, There is no need my friend.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut

We could avoid attack through diplomacy.

Are you S***ting me?

You obviously know nothing about regional politics in this area.

And no. I am not

what do you have trouble with? The fact that we are great friends? Have a masssive amount of Chinese living among us? Do you have trouble that the power of the world has shifted with all the capital to the East. We are the beast in the East. together Australia and China could rule the world along with the othe BRICS nations.

So no, Im not kiidding. China would kill for our support. They would kill for neutrality from us.

You must be a poor diplomat.

The East is the future.

America is the past.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Please do not presume that I live in the middle of no were. I live on the East coast. Country of origin is of no importance as to who I associate with Chinese , Japanese, English, Italian, greek, Samoan, kiwis etc etc does not mean I want to be them. I'm quiet happy being & staying Australian thank you . Do you really think w.a would be happy to quit being Australian ? I actually know many in the west that wouldn't agree.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
First off all S&F

Excellent thread

I think it would depend on the circumstances leading up to, and during the war as to whether or not Europe should help the USA in a WW3 event. That being said, i think it would be hard for many of the European countries and indeed Australia to knock back the USA and side with China, as the USA is heavily based in Europe and Australia.
I think Australia has already signed it's soul over if you know what i mean. We have US Spy bases over here (some are classed as US territory), so it would be difficult to stay neutral, let alone side with China.

As for WW2, the USA did sweep in to take all the glory, but they did help in certain situations. This being said, most of the work was already done by the allies. This is doubly so in the Pacific, where Australia had already repelled the Japanese advance southward. Also, it should be noted that there was a high amount of discussions happening at the time, whether or not an invasion and occupation of Australia would be feasible. Obviously, it never happened, but there is some evidence to state that the Japanese put deep thought into the possibility:

Mr. Sato indicated that the Japanese Navy was responsible for the implementation of plans to invade and occupy Australia.

He indicated that he was always at the nerve centre of the Japanese Navy.

Mr. Sato indicated that there was a Japanese Invasion Force of many troop transports and warships heading south from Japan to make a beach landing half way between Townsville and Brisbane. Mr. Sato claimed that the air raids on Darwin, which had started on 19 February 1942, were "a feint to destroy shipping and planes".

Mr Sato had stated that the Japanese had realised that it would have been too difficult to move a large force south from Darwin and had then decided to attack the Queensland coast midway between Townsville and Brisbane. He indicated that communications were good and the population was sparse in that area of Queensland. The city of Brisbane was reportedly the first objective of this so-called Invasion Plan of Australia. It was believed that Brisbane could be taken quite readily with a minimum of cost and resistance. Sydney was the next objective and was to be attacked by land and amphibious forces. They then planned to move on to Melbourne, but by this time, they anticipated that Australia would have surrendered.

Things changed when orders were issued for the Japanese forces to take Milne Bay and Port Moresby. The Japanese were not willing to risk another operation in Australia while their supply lines were in peril. Again, according to Mr. Sato, the Japanese campaign in New Guinea used up all the forces originally intended for the invasion of Australia. Mr. Sato indicated that the Japanese had initially thought the Australian forces would be a pushover in New Guinea. This they abruptly found not to be the case.

Despite this underestimation of the Australians fighting ability, Mr Sato indicated that the Japanese believed that Australia could be persuaded to become neutral. The Japanese propaganda machine turned itself to achieving this goal.

This would indicate that they gave it serious thought, and the reason why the plan was scrapped was due to the fact that Australia defeated the intended Japanese invading party in New Guinea.

Following the publication of this article on 1 January 1946, Mr. J.B. Chifley, the Prime Minister of Australia wrote to General Douglas MacArthur, the Supreme Commander for the Allied Powers in Japan on 21 January 1946. MacArthur immediately ordered an investigation by his military intelligence group. Mr. Sato was interrogated by US military intelligence in the presence of Major R. L. Hughes of the Australian Service Mission.

Sato indicated that the newspaper had misquoted him.

www.ozatwar.com...

After being tortured by MacArthur, Sato, ended up stating that the newspaper misquoted him

Not at all surprising...

edit on 2-6-2012 by daaskapital because: link

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by BigBruddah

You aren't bright if you think Australia is impossible to conquer. Anyone with half a brain knows that we aren't strong in a military sense. You said New Zealand has our backs for crying out loud. If the US were to fall we would be sitting ducks.

I thought Queenslanders were meant to be hard mate.

'Harden the [SNIP] up' as chopper would say.

Diplomacy would work with China. China are not war mongers.

Why does china make you wet your pants? you think we cant look after ourselves? Thats patheitic.

Australia must stand alone. Strong and independant. We do not need US troops here making us a target.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by feelingconnected

Please do not presume that I live in the middle of no were. I live on the East coast. Country of origin is of no importance as to who I associate with Chinese , Japanese, English, Italian, greek, Samoan, kiwis etc etc does not mean I want to be them. I'm quiet happy being & staying Australian thank you . Do you really think w.a would be happy to quit being Australian ? I actually know many in the west that wouldn't agree.

I am just putting it to you that our alliance with the US has only ever hurt us. It never helps us. they screw us over time and time again.

China are the future. Our economic future is with China. This is very very clear. They are our mates.
Im not saying we lose independance. The opposite actually. We stand alone. Send the American troops home where they belong. Back to their families. To defend their own damn borders. Do you not feel like a biffer zone so that America avoids attack on its home soil? The romans had those too. To keep space between them and the scary gauls. they remembered the great Brennus "vae victis."

America does not protect us. They make us a target.

We have more than enough to offer China by way of diplomacy. We are already great friends.

They need to go home.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

I think I'd actually like to star this twice " star"

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Cool link. I have never seen that site

And

And yeah,I think it is probable that we will all get dragged into Americas mess. It sucks.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Look at our politicians what is that supposed to mean??? 99% of politicians are idiots and that is widely acknowledged. With the crap you spew out on a daily basis your starting to sound like you're a david hicks fanboy..

We are extremely strong in a military sense. One only needs to look at history.

If the US were to fall, we may be sitting ducks, but only because they put us in the predicament. Germanicus is right. China is more than willing to advance in relations with Australia, just that Australia is still aiding the USA for god knows what reason. If we were to have told the USA to get lost a long time ago, we would be a very powerful nation today. We would have had nuclear weapons, we would not be their bitch, we would be free! We would be Neutral with every other country, we would not have so many problems. The USA is putting Australia at risk with every freaking move they make.

Did you know that the USA feared Australia during the Cold War? At one point in time, we were even classed on the same level as the USSR - whereby the USA would not share any information with us at all. They screwed us over majorly.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Look although a small percentage of what you say has merit. Being allies to the US we are a target. Mostly I believe in better the devil you know then the one you don't.
And what is it to be in your mind . That we become Chinese ? Or stand alone? As you have posted both. Anyone with half a brain would know we quiet simply could not stand alone for a lone period of time. Allies are a must but this doesn't mean living in each others pocket either.

And do you really think china wouldn't hurt us?
edit on 2-6-2012 by feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
Americans were asking the same questions when Europe was being run over by a blood thirsty dictator or two back in the 1940's. Your thread makes me regret the 'why should we?', group did not win that debate.
edit on 2-6-2012 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

Anti American sentiment is popular opinion more and more each day.

It reminds me of history myself if you know what I mean.

Funny how Americans always bring up nazi when they get scared though isnt it?

We are not scared of nazi. And America did not save us from them. We all helped. Like I said,Russia won the war if you want to get down to it. Russia. Not America.

You guys swooped in and claimed the glory. Sure you guys helped like the rest of us. The only difference is you claim all the credit and do not acknowledge the contributions of other great nations.

We are not scared of nazi or chinese. We owe America nothing.

I cant believe your Government made the Brits pay them back for the 'help' America gave them. Thats low. Im pretty sure they only just finished paying it back. Screw that kind of help. Keep it.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

reply to post by daaskapital

Cool link. I have never seen that site

And

And yeah,I think it is probable that we will all get dragged into Americas mess. It sucks.

Yeah, here is the home page if you want it:

www.ozatwar.com

A very good site with a lot of information!

Unfortunately, i think we are too far down the hole with the USA to be able to climb out. I actually think it was a plan of theirs all along
. What better way to make sure a country will remain loyal by making sure you have bases and active military in said country.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

I can't (and don't want to) talk for the rest of Europe, but yes, we would and we should help.
That's what allies do isn't it? Plus we still have a debt to settle with the U.S.

Lots of GMR Luftwaffe is already on U.S. soil for joint training operations, so air defense would be one area where we could assist the United States immediately for example.

reply to post by neo96

Originally posted by neo96
Europe is so broke right now they can't even win their war on spending so how the hell could they help anyone else?

I wouldn't be so arrogant if I was U.S. American nowadays.
Germany is ahead of the U.S. in pretty much all rankings except for imprisonment per capita and military spending...
edit on 2-6-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Anyone with half a brain would know we quiet simply could not stand alone for a lone period of time.

Stop putting our country down

Yes, we can stand alone - That is, if we had a capable leader. One who had balls to be able to stand up to the USA and other major players. Our military is strong, our economy is strong. Our country is strong.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

I'm saying no nukes a small army navy and air force means we can't defend our shores without the US's help. I'm all for siding with China but they won't wait around too long for us to abandon the US, which I don't see happening. As for what Daaskapital said, in the past we were stronger but now we have a lot of catching up to do.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Look although a small percentage of what you say has merit. Being allies to the US we are a target. Mostly I believe in better the devil you know then the one you don't.
And what is it to be in your mind . That we become Chinese ? Or stand alone? As you have posted both. Anyone with half a brain would know we quiet simply could not stand alone for a lone period of time. Allies are a must but this doesn't mean living in each others pocket either.

I mean stand alone militarily. No foriegn troops on our soil. I take it as a damn insult. We are fine. we do not need the US Government to hold our hands. They are pathetic failures that cannot run their own country. What right do they have to maddle in our affairs? To risk our economy?

They have no right.

If they were friends they would not be putting us in such a very difficult situation.

especially right now when there is no threat..
Are you worried about China attacking us? honestly? You think if we send the Americans home we will be instantly attacked? Or that China will start poltting
China would be so ahppy with us. China has only one other friend apert from us really. They are making more friends like the BRICS but at the end of the day,we mean more to China than Russia in many ways. We have alot to offer. They want our friendship. They have been more than fair friends up until now.

Can you say America is a good friend? What do they do for us other than claim we need their protection? I will tell you. Nothing. Worse than nothing, America is constantly screwing us over. It is time to jump ship before it sinks.

We are the beast in the East. Together,China and Australia will rule the next stage in history. We are the centre of the world. The new Rome.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColCurious

I can't (and don't want to) talk for the rest of Europe, but yes, we would and we should help.
That's what allies do isn't it? Plus we still have a debt to settle with the U.S.

Lots of GMR Luftwaffe is already on U.S. soil for joint training operations, so air defense would be one area where we could assist the United States immediately for example.

reply to post by neo96

Originally posted by neo96
Europe is so broke right now they can't even win their war on spending so how the hell could they help anyone else?

I wouldn't be so arrogant if I was U.S. American nowadays.
Germany is ahead of the U.S. in pretty much all rankings except for imprisonment per capita and military spending...
edit on 2-6-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

Where are you from and why do you think you owe America a damn thing?

None of us owe America anything. They have had their time in the sun. And they wasted it. The fi=uture is in the East.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

I'm saying no nukes a small army navy and air force means we can't defend our shores without the US's help. I'm all for siding with China but they won't wait around too long for us to abandon the US, which I don't see happening. As for what Daaskapital said, in the past we were stronger but now we have a lot of catching up to do.

I am confident that our Defence Force can defend our shores without the US's help, we done so in WW2. As for this being a different time period, that is true, but when you look at it, we are no different today than what we were back then (technological wise). We would still have the same chances at defending ourselves today as it was back in WW2, only that nukes may be involved.

If we did separate ourselves from the USA, then we would be much powerful.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join