It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RETURN TO GOLD STANDARD NEARS!!! Only feasible Eurobonds will require bullion collateral

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Anyone who knows anything about fiat vs gold standard knows one thing: he who holds the gold makes the rules. What sign do we look for to know the end of fiat is imminent and a return to gold is near? We look for the "cabal" to rake back in as much of the physical gold supply as it can so that it controls all monetary systems backed by it.

What do we now see happening in the EZ? Our cabal is demanding sovereign countries' gold reserves as collateral in exchange for the last dying gasp of fiat cash they've convinced the populace it needs:

Telegraph

The German scheme -- known as the European Redemption Pact -- offers a form of "Eurobonds Lite" that can be squared with the German constitution and breaks the political logjam. It is a highly creative way out of the debt crisis, but is not a soft option for Italy, Spain, Portugal, and other states in trouble.

[...]

Germany would have a lockhold over the fund, able to enforce discipline. Each state would have to pledge 20pc of their debt as collateral. "The assets could be taken from the country’s currency and gold reserves. The collateral nominated would only be used in the event that a country does not meet its payment obligations," said the proposal.

Aw, but that never happens, right?

This demand could enflame opinion in Italy and Portugal. Both states have kept their bullion, resisting the rush to sell by Britain and others. Italy has 2,451 tonnes of gold, valued at €98bn in March.

[...]

Ultimately, a sinking fund cannot tackle the root cause of the eurozone crisis. It may cap debt costs but it does not alter the intra-EMU currency misalignment between North and South, or help the Latin states close the chasm in labour competitiveness.

So the plan is to convince member states to "save the Euro" by colluding in this gold-collateral-for-cash deal, watch the ships sink as expected, collect the pledged gold after everyone defaults (or face "discipline" o_0 ), then finally admit to what everyone already knows and is talking about from ABC news to ZeroHedge----that fiat is the root cause of everything wrong----and go back to a gold standard, probably a global gold standard currency that deals with *all* of the currency misalignments and chasms in labor competitiveness around the developed world.

Wonder why in America we've had the crazy new trend of "gold selling parties" and other such nonsense in the past few years? "Sell your old and broken gold for top dollar!" There's the catch----top dollar. Not top-of-whatever-comes-after-the-dollar-crashes, which will be backed by your "old gold" that would now be worth 10 times as much if not more.

And they get to hold the purse strings for 100% of it from there on out. Bravo, boys, bully for you. See you in the torchlight; I'll be the one holding the pitchfork.
edit on 1-6-2012 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

I don't know, the people that control all the fiat can hoard all the Gold too. Do we really want a Gold standard? Is that any better? Maybe that's worse?

Watch this documentary and tell me your opinion on it.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by tinfoilman

I've watched that doc, and the 3.5 hour one as well, and many many more and read a lot. I *know* the gold standard isn't the right solution----hence the thread. It's going to be *their* solution and the proof is in their gold-grabbing pudding.

ETA: either it's going to be a global gold standard currency, or Germany is about to pull the biggest gold heist in history before returning to a new gold-backed Deutschmark, and becoming the new reserve currency.
edit on 2-6-2012 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Gold, like paper money, is only as valuable as what its worth in an exchange. Gold doesn't grow food, provide clean water or electricity, build homes, season meals, or weave textiles, so what does it matter?

Gold, paper, or electronic currencies are all arbitrary.

The person in power always dictates what is or isn't valuable. So it's never really about gold or paper money, it's about power.

edit on 2-6-2012 by MaryStillToe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaryStillToe

The person in power always dictates what is or isn't valuable. So it's never really about gold or paper money, it's about power.

edit on 2-6-2012 by MaryStillToe because: (no reason given)

"Give me the control of a nation's money supply, and I care not who makes its laws."---Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild

new topics

top topics

join