It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 3 stages of dealing with FEAR, which stage are you in?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Fear is a funny thing. It is a great motivator and a magnificent slave driver.

Most people run from it, some run to it and then some who are not bothered by it. Most of the people that run from their fears dont even know why they are running they make up the largest portion of the population, they just know they cant face their fears.

Those running towards their fears have learned a valuable lesson that only by facing them can they be overcome. They now understand that fear is a shadow you can never outrun. No matter how busy you make your life with work or other daily routines fear will catch up in your sleep(which is why most insomniacs are on anti depression medication, ahh modern medicine always addressing the effect and not the cause) So with this new knowledge they step towards their fears and after as many turns as it takes they overcome their fears and become the last and smallest group on this planet.

Those who are not effected by it, they are a strange lot. Usually living on the fringes of society. These people have mastered the art of self analysis, they know who they are and what they want and they dont care what anybody else thinks. Withing such groups exist sub groups who are selfish and selfless. The selfish use this lack of fear for their own gain because they know how much the rest of the population are paralyzed by their own insecurities and their fears. The selfless try to help those still running from fear.

Whats most interesting to me more than anything is why someone who has overcome their fears would want to manipulate other with the same fear they overcame? Are these people mentally unstable or are they just bored? or a bit of both?

take for instance Politicians and CEO's of conglomerates, These people dont have to worry about money. Either through corruption or networking they have amassed a small fortune. Is fear of loss the only thing that keeps them hoarding more money? Surely 200 million is more than enough for 3 lifetimes. Or have they overcome their fears and only hoard that money out of selfishness so others may not share in the wealth?

So, what drives you? Are you sure of your own thoughts? Are you sure you aren't being manipulated? What makes you WANT the things you do? And WHY?

have a great Saturday..

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Currently facing my fears.

Which are suppressed emotions and memories. They are bring me some frightening dreams, but I feel that I am becoming purer from it.

Always been pretty selfless, myself.

'Tis the time to face your fears, because I suspect they may be brought to us beyond our consent sooner rather than later.

Best regards.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I don't fear anything anymore. I am still cautious because I don't especially like to hurt and don't want to be layed us by doing something stupid. That's not fear, that's common sense and experience.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

I overcame my fears, and am now in the "unaffected" lot. I was just thinking about this today - how I used to be so afraid of what people thought of me at all times. But, these days, I just do what I have to do and I don't worry about anything else. It's very freeing.

I'm the kind of person who wants to help others out. I have always been like this, even when paralyzed by fear I would try to help other people out because I figured at least they could maybe get a boost up and out of fear...

In regards to your question regarding politicians, CEOs, etc who exploit others: A good number of these people are sociopaths and/or narcissists. They probably never had any fear in the first place, and they sure aren't going to have sympathy for folks they stomped on to get to the top. In their minds, they belong at the top. A sort of manifest destiny for the unfeeling.

I am driven to find happiness. This is my goal in life.

I can't see how I am being manipulated, considering I have gone through many changes which have greatly affected my life in various ways because I could no longer stand living a life of lies and fear.

I WANT to do things so that I feel content, that I feel at peace, that I feel like I am something and that I am someone, so that my soul is not shouting at me to DO something!

Why? There is never an answer to this question. All I can say is that I have to. I must. I am compelled to do things, so I am going to do them.

It's change or die for me. So, I am changing.
edit on 6/2/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by b3l13v3

Currently facing my fears.

Which are suppressed emotions and memories. They are bring me some frightening dreams, but I feel that I am becoming purer from it.

Always been pretty selfless, myself.

'Tis the time to face your fears, because I suspect they may be brought to us beyond our consent sooner rather than later.

Best regards.

Great to hear that. I myself have noticed that the very things I fear I attract, I suspect this is a by product of not facing the fear and overcoming it which is why it is drawn to me. Currently in the process of dealing with all the fears one at a time. Best of luck to you too.

Originally posted by rickymouse
I don't fear anything anymore. I am still cautious because I don't especially like to hurt and don't want to be layed us by doing something stupid. That's not fear, that's common sense and experience.

Thats great to hear you feel that. And if you walk the walk then you are indeed a very powerful person. To say one fears nothing is a massive statement. Because if somewhere down the line you discover there was something that you feared but have repressed because it is so traumatic then thats worse than acknowledging you have a fear. Because you will be back at square one. But I wish you the best on your journey. may fear never enter your heart.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

Thats great to hear you have overcome your fears too. There seems to be more people who have over their fears than I originally estimated.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I will be honest and say that I have not overcome my fears just yet, but have managed to find out what has been holding me back. I do distinguish that there is a difference.

I now know and try to avoid it, but yet to conquer. Though I have just begun, I am still in the forefront of those that I know, that even realize there is a fear in the first place.

Peace, NRE.

S&F.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
I will be honest and say that I have not overcome my fears just yet, but have managed to find out what has been holding me back. I do distinguish that there is a difference.

I now know and try to avoid it, but yet to conquer. Though I have just begun, I am still in the forefront of those that I know, that even realize there is a fear in the first place.

Peace, NRE.

S&F.

Well said. An honest account of your true progress. You are indeed on your way to truly overcoming your fears and you seem to have a good grasp on what they are. Good luck on your journey.
edit on 2-6-2012 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join