It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solution for Peace in the Middle East is Already Written in the Most Unlikely Place:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I posted this a few weeks ago but it received little attention, so I post it in a new spot.

Written nine months before 9/11 Joel C Rosenberg's novel, The Last Jihad, portrays a hijacked plane attacking a major US city and the President of the United States. Rosenberg is quoted saying that he had to "make some changes" to the book while he was writing it after the 9/11 attack because his story was too similar to the actual incident.

Five months before the 2003 invasion of Iraq, he wrote a novel about war with Saddam Hussein, the death of Yasser Arafat eight months before it occurred, a story with Russia, Iran, and Libya forming a military alliance against Israel occurring the date of publishing,the rebuilding of the city of Babylon, Iran vowing to have Israel "wiped off the face of the map forever" five months before Iranian President Ahmadinejad used similar language, and the discovery of huge amounts of oil and natural gas in Israel (a major gas discovery occurred in January 2009). Again, he had to change key incidents in his stories one right after the other....He has written seven fiction books and is working on one for 2013!

Rightly so, Rosenberg is labelled as the modern day Nostradamus. And is now a huge world wide celebrity in conservative politics claiming that he has fit together the pieces of the puzzle, using the book of Revelations in the bible along with stories ripped from the headlines. He might even use some government insider knowledge

Given his track record, we must wonder if Rosenberg's peace plan outlined by a fictional or future President (who just so happens to be an ex- wall street banker remind you of anyone?) is actually reasonable.

Because of the terrorist attack, the president wants to Bomb the two biggest cities in Iraq. He feels Iraq is the center of modern day terrorism and with that out of the way. Israel and Palestine will be free to make peace over, the (Nearly Trillion dollar) oil reserves that had just been discovered there. The ex-banker's plan is to use the reserve to form a gigantic oil company. Palestinian and Israeli civilians will be given automatic shares, a couple thousand each. Average families in the area make $1500 a year. If they take the company private in a few years. All those people will be extremely wealthy! Think Facebook and Google and Apple.

Nuking Iraq today might seem outlandish, so replace the scenario with Iran! If Iran attacks the US or Israel. Could we see something like this take place?

I hear that the series goes deeper into religious mythology so for this discussion, please just take the plan at face value. I don't care weather or not it works in the novels. I believe that this is a very reasonable plan for peace in the Middle East. Thoughts?

* LET'S PLEASE DEBATE THE STUFF IN THE THREAD. I HAVE SAID PLEASE LEAVE OUT THE RELIGIOUS MYTHOLOGY AND PLEASE TAKE YOUR HATRED FOR ISRAEL ELSEWHERE. THERE ARE PLENTY OF THREADS FOR THAT.

*THIS IS A DISCUSSION ABOUT PEACE IN THE MIDDLE EAST ONLY! I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR OPINIONS OF THE MAN HIMSELF, OR BANKERS, OR OIL LOBBYISTS.

edit on 1-6-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Either someone didn't use the search feature or I am having hella dejvu with this thread...

But I think I have read this here before, anyway as to the suggestion would never work, the hate in the middle east goes so far beyond money its not even funny.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Either someone didn't use the search feature or I am having hella dejvu with this thread...

But I think I have read this here before, anyway as to the suggestion would never work, the hate in the middle east goes so far beyond money its not even funny.

As mentioned in the OP. I posted it again because I believe that this is a real issue that should be discussed. Why not?

Anyway if you found the thread before why didn't you post your opinion before?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Very interesting, I should be reading more.

It sounds intersting as a novel, but my first reaction is that it might be a little convoluted for real life. I can sort of see a US-Israel attack which dirves Iran to surrender, but does that eliminate the Muslim Brotherhood, the Taliban, or Al-Qaeda? The pipeline from Egypt to Israel has been blown up several times in the last year and I suspect attempting to build a major corporate infrastructure in the area would be extraordinarily difficult. Would the US provide security? That wouldn't be very popular. The first death would be undeniably "Blood for Oil."

I also wonder what tribal peasants would do with thousands of shares of stock. If they're starving now, would they sell them for pennies on the dollar? Would they know what they are? It just seems like two wildly different civilizations meeting in a cloud of confusion.

But you raise good points, we should be thinking about what happens if Iran ceases to be a threat.

new topics

join