It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

real or fake magic? debunk this if you can

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
This guy break, snap the chicken leg in half and then stab the chicken in the neck, killing the chicken instantly. Then he spin the chicken around and the chicken leg magically attract itself back together and it become alive! keep in mind the guy is shirtless so there is no way he can pull a live chciken under his sleeves

is speaking in the Khmer languages, so here's the translation.

0:00 to 0:10 before he perform his magic, everyone please give him a round of applause
0:11 to 1:00 For his magic to work right, he must perform a scared ancient ritual and make a offerings.
1:00 to 1:26 Here is the Chicken. Everyone please take a closer look at the chicken. The chicken is alive and well. You can hear it screeming, moving and kicking. Please take a closer look to see for yourself that the chicken is alive.
1:26 to 2:05 He is now cutting the chicken leg (repeat5X) he is now breaking the chicken leg, Now everyone take a closer look, do you see the blood, do you see the blood drippin, the chicken leg is completely broken.
2:05 to 2:40 Now sir please let the chicken try to walk, to show the folks that the chicken leg is 100% broken. Now you see that the chicken can not walk, so we now know that the leg is 100% broken. Now pick the chicken back up. No No nevermind throw the chicken on the grass again to show the folks that chicken CAN NOT walk! ok please the chicken back up again.
2:40 to 3:06 OK let see what will he do next, look like he is stabbing the chicken in the neck with a knife, the chicken is going wild,
3:06 to 3:51 Do you see the Knife had went thru the chicken neck, please show the folk so they can see it clearly for themself. The chicken have 2 broken a leg with a knife thru his neck. the Chicken is now dead and it is not moving at all. Do you see the blood on the knife?
3:51 to 4:41 Let see what will he do next? He is spinning the dead chicken around, OH WOW the chicken is back alive and walking after his legs was previous snap back in half, it is now walking again! EVERYONE PLEASE GIVE HIM A AROUND OF APPLAUSE! he is now wiping the blood off the leg and look like the leg has magiclly attrach itself back together! wow

edit on 1-6-2012 by PoorGrammar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
How proud he must be to put an animal through so much suffering just for a magic trick (regardless of it being a trick or not).

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Firstly - poor chicken - or maybe not.

I was thinking perhaps his magic is
a combination of illusion and a trained
chicken. I call fake but I can't debunk
it.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I'm normally not the bleeding heart type, but that was a little tough to watch.
Didn't see any blood on the knife after he removed it from the head, so I'm not entirely convinced.
After all you can put a clip on the back of a cats neck and it'll freeze, so I'm not entirely convinced it was dead.

Now, the leg breaking. That looked pretty real. Though not a technically breaking since it was done at a joint.

Seeing as how magic isn't real, I'm inclined to believe it was an illusion.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Real or fake, I think it's safe to say that the chicken was in some pain. Don't get me wrong, I like a good piece of chicken but this just came off as a bit cruel to me.

There has to be something behind this trick. I'm sure someone will be able to debunk this.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by PoorGrammar

wow hard thing to watch....

i have no idea.. unless he hid Blood packs on the chicken-under the feathers..

i did notice NO blood with the neck piercing

#weird

and FUNNY how we all said the same thing
edit on 6/1/12 by darrman because: add a thingy

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
This is horrible trick!

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
WOW.....trick or not, that was a CRAZY SHOW!

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
the narrator did mention blood on the knife might be due to the low qualty video cause it hard to see the blood
edit on 1-6-2012 by PoorGrammar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Live chicken in a dead chicken skin maybe?
It's clearly an illusion of some sort, but how? I hope to see a great explanation.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
no blood like you metioned...my daughter suggested that maybe he dislocated the joints in the chickens legs...I was thinking maybe the chicken is double jointed.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Here is a link that shows how one magic trick can be done with a live chicken. It could surely apply to this case if they adapted a similar tactic.

Chicken Voodoo trick
edit on 1-6-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
He did a variation of "the oldest trick in the book"

killing a bird and reviving it has been recorded as literally the first magic trick ever performed, 5000 years ago in ancient Egypt, and your still falling for it
skip to 00:24
edit on 1-6-2012 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

thank for the video link,

but this guy also break and snap the chicken leg in half and magically put it back together by spinning it in the air 3 times, how do one explain that?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

I know from my childhood that chickens don't die easily. In fact, the old way of killing a chicken for Sunday dinner was to hold it by the feet, Put your foot on its head and pull. Then drop the body. The headless body will flop around the yard for about a minute, almost seeming to sometimes walk or fly.

I would say that he dislocated the chickens joints by some of the careful cutting that he did, but did not sever the legiments that allowed it to walk. Once he twirled the bird around that repositioned the joints (though damaged) so the bird could walk again.

The knife through the neck was actually a displacement activity. A chicken can be put into an altered state by straightening their heads out. They become lifeless. The knife work on the neck was also carefully done and probably did little actual damage to the chicken.

So it was all an illusion except for the chicken's sake. It suffered.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Sheepslayer already mentioned it, along with posting a full explenation of how it works. The whole trick is to use a fake head while tucking the real head under the birds wing. This trick has nothing to do with removing the head. So I don't think that helps at explaining this trick... however the lack of blood is suspicious imo, and he does hide the head of the bird in his hand when he stabs it through the neck, although I'm not sure how he makes that look so real, the knife is clearly penetrating out through the neck of the bird. But when he spins the bird around by the legs that would indicate to me he is popping the joints of the birds legs back into position. It would have to be trained to play dead, which would explain why he taps the bird after placing it down. That tells it to stop playing dead.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Yeah . . .I don't even WANT to debunk it.
But it's interesting, nonetheless.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

If it was magic he'd be able to tear his own leg off, stab himself thru the neck and get up and walk away.

That would be impressive.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
My two cents: Seeing as how the chicken is carefully handed to him to begin with and how he grabs its legs, the chicken's actual legs are probably hidden/hobbled somehow. The legs that he breaks are probably real chicken legs, but they aren't this particular chicken's real legs. When the chicken sits on the ground and struggles to walk, the broken legs that you see are the prop legs that have been attached to the chicken, and the chicken's real legs are folded/tied beneath its body in some manner. I don't think the chicken is in any pain. It just can't walk because its legs have been folded/immobilized somehow. As he's sticking the knife into the chicken's throat, I think it's pretty clear that he's doing the "sleeping chicken" trick (folding the chicken's head backward so as to induce natural paralysis). He also seems to be revealing/attaching a fake neck, because the "dead" chicken's neck has suddenly lengthened considerably after this portion of the trick. When the chicken is dead, it's actually paralyzed/asleep, its body hanging suspended from the fake neck, its actual head bent back close to its body and obscured by the fake neck. When he pulls the knife out of the dead chicken's neck, it looks very much as if he's pulling the long false neck off of the chicken (like pulling off a sock). The chicken's actual head just suddenly appears as if it had merely been folded back against its body, and its neck is now much shorter than it just was. All of the theatrics at the end before the legs are healed is no doubt to obscure the unbinding of the chicken's actual legs and the concealment of the prop legs.

It's a very well done trick, demonstrating excellent sleights of hand. Where does he hide the fake legs and the fake neck? No idea. That's why magicians get paid to do what they do. I'm sure a professional magician could figure it out.

The overall experience is probably not much fun for the chicken, especially if he's practiced the routine countless times on this same individual.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Remind me long ago when still lots of street merchant selling traditional meds or amulet and show some magic like this. It is just as we can see it,a real thing.
The worse show i ever watch like this is when a guy chopped into small pieces including his head. Put the pieces and his head on a plate and show it to audience to look at it closely and touch it. Then put it back in one place, covered it with a cloth, some mantra and water and voilaaa, the man is back alive in one piece.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join