It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo 15, Jim Irwin's historical narrative in review

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibborium
reply to post by Vitruvian

Okay, I misunderstood which is soooo very easy to do when you can't actually speak with each other.
Looks like choos helped you with the problem. I use Opera as a browser. It has all the bells and whistles and is easy to update and maintain.

Gibborium Thanks for your help......sorry for the misunderstanding.........All I need to do now is to figure out how to get a "GIF Live" vid into the post window rather than as a link.........

edit on 28-6-2012 by Vitruvian because: editing

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Here is a test I just made. Upload your animated gif to your ATS uploader as is, IE the gif file. Click on the gif in the uploader which will take you to another page and choose the [pic ]filename.gif[/pic ] link and paste into your post. It will show up like this:

Of course it will continuously loop, but it will post.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Moon Preacher Jim Irwin

Irwin also became the first person to quote from the Bible while on the moon, Psalm 121:1: "I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help." Source voices.yahoo.com...

"It's a program of going into primarily high schools," Irwin explained. "Sometimes we do programs in universities, sometimes the junior high level, to encourage young people, motivate them, try to inspire them. I just share how God worked in my life in the flight to the moon."

"How do you convince people, not that we went to the moon, but that Christ is very real and wants to change their lives?" Ibid.

First he wants to sell me the moon, then he wants to sell me his God. Do I get a free Corvette?
Jim should have been searching for the 700+ boxes of Apollo telemetry tapes from Accession #A694099 that were confiscated & misplaced by the Apollo Perps. Instead ~ he rather goes to the golden mountains of Ararat five times to look for "the most important archaeological find in the history of man."

Moon Preacher's Ark Lark Ended By Accident

Jim Irwin in the eighties enroute by "ambulance" at 3 M.P.H. (orbited Moon at 25,000 M.P.H.)
to the hospital in Turkey, after suffering a fall while searching for the remains of Noah's Ark on Mt. Ararat.

The man to the right of Irwin is Yocel Donmez who was Irwin's guide during his 5 ascents to the peak
of Mt. Ararat. Source www.femsinspace.com...

Irwin has led several expeditions to Turkey in search of Noah's Ark. According to the biblical Book of Genesis, after a great flood the boat carrying Noah, his family and animals of every kind came to rest on Mount Ararat.

Irwin took his last trip to the peak in eastern Turkey in 1987. However, after two heart attacks, heart arrest and two open-heart surgery operations, doctors ordered the frail, soft-spoken man to abandon the rugged search for what he said would be "the most important archaeological find in the history of man." Source By ROSEMARY SAWYER Stars and Stripes Published: October 23, 1989 www.stripes.com...

Keep the faith NASA cheerleaders, keep the faith.

In addition, the mission was considered an "anomaly" since it was the first during any space mission distinguished by significant arrhythmias, more severe in Irwin's case with a brief loss of consciousness during an episode of bigeminy after return to the command module.[2] 2. Johnston RS. Dietlein LF. Berry CA, eds. Biomedical Results of Apollo. Washington, DC: National Aeronautics and Space Administration: 1975: 227-264.573-579.581-592. NASA SP-368. Source www.femsinspace.com...

The Return to Magic Mountain

Apollo 15's Magic Mountain, was an optical illusion. And it may be an attempt by whistleblowers to draw attention - not to the cover - but to the contents! www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 6/28/2012 by SayonaraJupiter because: add link

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

First he wants to sell me the moon, then he wants to sell me his God. Do I get a free Corvette?
Jim should have been searching for the 700+ boxes of Apollo telemetry tapes from Accession #A694099 that were confiscated & misplaced by the Apollo Perps. Instead ~ he rather goes to the golden mountains of Ararat five times to look for "the most important archaeological find in the history of man."

Well, Vitruvian? Any reaction to Sayanara's satanic propaganda. As for the telemetry tapes, that red herring has long since been laid to rest:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just keep repeating yourself and eventually even you will begin to believe your lies.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
This official NAZA image was posted by SayonaraJupiter in another thread some time back on the topic of the 'mountain'. So its possible that this image was manipulated in some way - perhaps by a whistleblower according to SJ.

SayonaraJupiter.......My theory: A whistleblower could have added the extra mountain as a way to draw our attention to the contents of SP-368 "Bio-medical results of Apollo" because the contents of SP-368 could be partially or totally made up. Your theory: I'd like to hear it.

Image source - NASA SP-368 : The Search for Magic Mountain
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I examined the image rather closely and noticed a marked absence of tire tracks in the immediate area of the LRV ???

There is ample evidence of footprints in the soil so the reason cannot be that the ground wasn't soft enough to have left tire impressions. There is also evidence of 'moon soil' on the tires themselves, which means that it must have traveled some distance to its present location as opposed to having just been "unpacked" from its container. So we know that the LRV wasn't lifted or hoisted into position - right? But there might have been some further photo manipulation going on here, and its quite possible that it was 'lifted' into the overall scene via Photoshop in a similar manner as was the mountain".........

Its also possible that the LRV has not been photoshopped, but shot in a studio setting with the LRV as a mockup and Irwin as an actor. In that case I might very strongly speculate here that if this entire episode was pulled off in a "studio setting" (as I believe it was) then they would have been very busy 'smooth raking' the soil after each "take" and its quite possible that they erred in not accounting for the tire tracks in this particular scene/shot.

NASA photo AS15-86-11603HR
spaceflight.nasa.gov...
www.lpi.usra.edu...

AS15-86-11603 (31 July 1971) --- Astronaut James B. Irwin, lunar module pilot, works at the Lunar Roving Vehicle during the first Apollo 15 lunar surface extravehicular activity (EVA) at the Hadley-Apennine landing site. The shadow of the Lunar Module "Falcon" is in the foreground. This view is looking northeast, with Mount Hadley in the background. This photograph was taken by astronaut David R. Scott, commander. Source: NASA

edit on 29-6-2012 by Vitruvian because: edit

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

there are wheel tracks its just on the other side so its hard to see.

here are two photos from the opposite side:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by choosreply to post by Vitruvian

there are wheel tracks its just on the other side so its hard to see. here are two photos from the opposite side:

Thanks for the photos - but my emphasis was on that particular image. I am aware of tires tracks in other photos.

As an FYI - Here is a site devoted to the subject, which I think pretty well covers what I have been pointing to. I saw this after I posted my observations above.

Apollo 15 fake: The "Moon Car" LRV during "moon landing" in the moon mall - photo compositions

Photos from the moon hall and photo compositions: Moon lie with Apollo 15
www.geschichteinchronologie.ch...

edit on 29-6-2012 by Vitruvian because: spell

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

Give it up the tyre tracks match up

www.godlikeproductions.com...

Oh the "we couldn't have gone" shills are hard at work already. It never surprises me that they come out when PROOF is right in front of them. Guess we sent a droid up there to walk around in astronaut shoes?? Bwahahhaha

Give it up and go find yourself a girlfreind and have some kids and give them ice creams etc
edit on 29-6-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
These moon hoaxers:

They've been going on for years about getting telescopes like the Hubble, or satellites to provide images - and when they get them they cry "fake".

When we eventually send new manned missions (most likely Chinese) and one of them lands near an Apollo site, takes pictures, and even brings back some part of the lander, they'll still cry "fake".

If we took any of them up there to see for themselves, they'd still cry "fake".

Nothing will ever convince people who have a religious belief (because that's what it becomes) that they are wrong. They're not interested in science, in evidence, or in the realities of Apollo, because they've now made such an emotional investment in their belief that they can't ever back down...

Thy also do not know how the telescope works etc cant wait for the responses for the lander pic.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Buddy found this for you hope this helps notice the tire tracks there.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Did you know that some conspiracists argue that the rover may have been lifted into place as a prop. They may be half right. In lunar gravity the rover is not especially heavy. An astronaut can lift one end of it with little difficulty. And since the rover's turn radius, like that of any four-wheeled vehicle, is limited, the astronauts sometimes found it easier to lift one end of the rover and turn it so it pointed in the direction they wanted to go, rather than maneuvering through a three-point turn. When this occurred, there would obviously be no track leading up to the wheels.

This happened sometimes but charlatans like to miss this bit out.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Here, for example, the astronauts are high up the slope of a mountain. It is reasonable to expect the dust to be thinner there than in the valley floor near the landing site, or on the plains where Apollo 11 landed. Thinner dust means the tires don't penetrate as far, leaving shallower tracks that aren't visible from a distance.

Below are some examples of shallow (but still visible) rover tracks. www.clavius.org...

Here is a picture of the tire tracks as a close up from the above pic.

www.clavius.org...

I too used to believe conspiracy sites, untill i looked one day and compared both sides
and found the claims to be true as what you have to understand is the moon is way way way
different from earth as regarding the terrain, light, major difference in gravity,then there is the
camera exposure to look at settings no atmosphere.I too got puzzled by the lack of tracks
but i studied the terrain effects etc then i said AHHHH lol.When i get hold of the charlatans
as i might add i wasted half my life following them i will smash them to pieces for making
money out of peoples lack of knowledge of the moons enviroment and how it works etc.

Watch this space grrrr.
edit on 29-6-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

No dust clouds on the moon

Because dust clouds depend on air buddy, If an atmosphere is dense enough, it can hold small particles suspended against gravity for a short time. Particles suspended in the air like that are called aerosols. Smoke and dust are both solid aerosols. Smoke can be carried for a long distance in earth's atmosphere. Dust particles are heavier than smoke particles and so they settle out faster. Both show us the movement of the air that's carrying them; we see billows and curls in the clouds of smoke and dust.

None of that would happen on the moon because there's nothing to keep the dust particles suspended. Galileo showed us that gravity accelerates all objects the same regardless of any difference in mass. On earth the air prevents some objects from falling as fast as others, especially very, very small objects like dust particles. But on the moon only gravity affects them, so dust will fall immediately to the lunar surface.

The behavior of the dust in the video and film taken on the lunar surface is one of the most compelling reasons it was shot in a vacuum. The dust is clearly dry, but it falls immediately to the surface and does not form clouds

See how different the moon is regarding comparrison to earth.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
very sorry error - accidental partial deletion while copying my own quote

"Weighing in at approximately 460 pounds (209 kg) (Earth weight) when deployed on the Moon, the LRV carried a total payload weight of about 1,080 pounds (490 kg), more than twice its own weight. This cargo included astronauts and their portable life support systems (about 800 pounds (363 kg)), 100 pounds (45 kg) of communications equipment, 120 pounds (54 kg) of scientific equipment and photographic gear, and 60 pounds (27 kg) of lunar samples."

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
MODS - Am I permitted to re-post from another thread to here? This is from a thread started today and I think it is on topic because it has to do with Apollo 15 and conclusive scientific evidence of IMAGE FAKERY by NAZA

From here - www.abovetopsecret.com...

puritytest posted on 29-6-2012 @ 02:52 PM this post Sorry.. I can post only here.
I have done a search but found nothing about this topic.

Photographs taken on the lunar surface during the Apollo missions are regarded as the most compelling pieces of evidence that mankind went to the Moon.

by OLEG OLEYNIK, Ph.D.c
Department of Physics and Technology, Kharkov State University, Ukraine

The photographic validation method presented here is based on the detection of two-dimensional objects among three-dimensional objects, and determining the mutual arrangement of these objects in space and the distance to them by applying a technique known as stereoscopic parallax.

The word parallax derives from the Greek parallaxis meaning "alteration" where parallax is the difference in the apparent position of objects caused by shifting camera position. To achieve such a result, images are overlapped and are deducted/subtracted from each other using the function "difference" in an image processing application such as Photoshop®. Optical transformations are used when images are subtracted. During image convergence simple operations are applied: x and y axis scaling, rotation and distortion plus two additional processes: perspective and shift.

Nearby objects: the LM, the rover, and astronaut Jim are shifting relative to each other. The Apennines and the crater St. George are also moving as a whole. (Moreover, the shadow is changing on the mountains and the crater.) This finding indicates that it is less than 300 metres to the background (the ‘mountains’) instead of 5 kilometres!...

General conclusion : It is very probable that Apollo 15 images were taken on Earth in a studio stage.

It's worth reading!!!!
Here: www.aulis.com...
Thanks puritytest

edit on 29-6-2012 by Vitruvian because: spelling error

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Why yes i can tell you would you like me to explain so you can understand.

Weight is what you get when you stand on a scale. Scales are weight measuring devices that use a spring or some kind of metal bar that stretches or bends when your weight is applied to it. The heavier you are, the greater the amount of stretch or bend. That flexing is transferred to the dial of the scale so you can read your weight.

The moon is much smaller than the earth. As a result, the force of gravity on the moon is only about one sixth as strong as gravity on earth. Gravity is what holds us down on the earth's (or moon's) surface.

If you were to weigh yourself on a scale here on earth and then could take that same scale to the moon and weigh yourself there, the weight read on the moon would be 1/6 your earth weight. So, If you weighed 100 pounds on earth, you would weigh only about 16 pounds on the moon

They weighed 462pounds therefor on the moon it would i say weigh 72 pounds correct me if i am wrong

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

listen up lesson in weight 2. Hey i was being nice but if you dont want to accept my being nice
then lets go.

You have a certain mass. Mass is how much stuff you are made of, and it is the same whether you are on Earth, on the moon, on Mercury, or anywhere else you can think of. You are held on Earth by gravity. Gravity pulling on your mass is your weight (you will learn in school about gravity as a force, if you have not already). The amount gravity pulls on you anywhere depends on your mass and the mass of the other object (and how far apart the objects are). The moon is smaller than Earth and has a smaller mass, so the moon won't pull on you as much if you are standing on it. The moon's gravity is about 1/6 that of Earth's gravity. If you weigh 60 pounds on Earth, fly to the moon with a scale and stand on it, you will weigh about 10 pounds. If you weigh 120 pounds on Earth, you will weigh about 20 pounds on the moon. If you want to figure out how much YOU would weigh on the moon, take YOUR weight and divide it by 6.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

one hundred and eighteyyyyyyyyyyy lol
There is your total weight sunshine

180pounds with everything loaded maximum weight.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by denver22

denver22
YOU STATED - They weighed 462 pounds therefor on the moon it would i say weigh 72 pounds correct me if i am wrong

Aren't you missing something ? We are dealing with at least 1,080 pounds (490 kg) at (1 / 6) * 1080 = 180
and then some. Please read the weights again - thank you because I think you blew it denver22

"Weighing in at approximately 460 pounds (209 kg) (Earth weight) when deployed on the Moon, the LRV carried a total payload weight of about 1,080 pounds (490 kg), more than twice its own weight. This cargo included astronauts and their portable life support systems (about 800 pounds (363 kg)), 100 pounds (45 kg) of communications equipment, 120 pounds (54 kg) of scientific equipment and photographic gear, and 60 pounds (27 kg) of lunar samples."

edit on 29-6-2012 by Vitruvian because: edit

jra

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SayonaraJupiter

The Return to Magic Mountain

Apollo 15's Magic Mountain, was an optical illusion. And it may be an attempt by whistleblowers to draw attention - not to the cover - but to the contents!

Oh not this again...

Maybe the graphic designer simply took some artistic liberties and left a patch of black lunar sky in the shape of another mountain for aesthetic reasons and or visual balance. I know that idea is pretty "out there" and hard to believe possible, but...

It sure makes a hell of a lot more sense than a graphic designer or someone, adding a fake mountain into the cover of an obscure Apollo book, to blow the whistle on its contents. Most people probably wouldn't even pay enough attention to the cover to even notice that the mountain isn't real or know what the original photograph looks like. And all of that is supposed to some how symbolizes that the content is not legitimate? Riiiight...

Originally posted by Vitruvian
I examined the image rather closely and noticed a marked absence of tire tracks in the immediate area of the LRV ???

Like you pointed out. There are footprints. With astronauts walking around the LRV, gather equipment and other things, their footprints tend to cover up the tracks. Watch a video of the astronauts walking around and pay attention to their feet. You will notice lots of Lunar dust getting kicked around.

But there might have been some further photo manipulation going on here, and its quite possible that it was 'lifted' into the overall scene via Photoshop in a similar manner as was the mountain"

Photoshop? In 1972? Lets try to be realistic here.

Its also possible that the LRV has not been photoshopped, but shot in a studio setting with the LRV as a mockup and Irwin as an actor. In that case I might very strongly speculate here that if this entire episode was pulled off in a "studio setting" (as I believe it was) then they would have been very busy 'smooth raking' the soil after each "take" and its quite possible that they erred in not accounting for the tire tracks in this particular scene/shot.

Then I'll ask you the same question I ask to anyone who claims it was filmed in a studio.

How do they fake the 1/6th gravity and the vacuum environment on Earth? And not just for the astronauts, but for everything.

The majority of hoax believers dodge and ignore this question since they have no way to answer it. Can you answer it?
edit on 29-6-2012 by jra because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join