It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I come from a Land Down Under

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
G,Day people. i have been watching this site for some time now and figured it was time to sign up, speak up then shut-up. I am an old digger and even older country bloke. have seen things in the bush that i have been assured of, (as not existing). I have on occasion received orders stating (remember, this did not happen). so. i figure i may well fit in with you blokes and sheila,s. I have noticed with both a smile and laughter that my american cousins seem to be developing/displaying a really good, very tongue in cheek, totally dry, I need to sit in a bath tub to read/listen, kind of humour. more relaxed than that displayed by the ones i met whilst serving. i applaud you. i also really enjoy the gems of truth, insight and concern, that i find displayed by the vast majority of posters. So where do I stand. Godly government. which GOD you ask, The GOD who has created the heaven, the earth, oceans and the sky in between. (cause what we are now doing/acheiving without Him. as we well know, is not good for us or our children or our once great nations). what else. freedom, liberty and the rights and responsibilities of each and every individual. what was it Ben Frankin said. those that choose to give up a little freedom for a little peace. deserve neither freedom nor peace. hmm figure thats a close enough recall for my old memory.( STREWTH.) i better dig a weapons pit, pop a flare and check for incoming.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS. Sounds like you may be from Australia or someplace nearby.

Hope you find your time here either entertaining or enlightening.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS mate!

East, or West? haha

edit on 1-6-2012 by xxdaniel21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by pronto

Welcome to ATS from a semi-old woman in Texas. Sounds like you might be from Oz? Lots of Oz folks here in Texas - they say we have a lot less dangerous critters here than there.

Hope you enjoy your stay and that you get to let us in on some things that you're able to let us in on.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by pronto

Welcome to ATS...here is your official ATS Welcome Gift. The 2012 ATS Tinfoil Hardhat. Guaranteed to protect you from all falling celestial objects, including people who didn't quite get raptured all the way.

Wear it in good health....

Des

edit on 1-6-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by pronto

G day! Welcome to ATS, mate.

Hope you have an interesting ride here with us. Sounds like you are living in wild country. I envy you. You may be surprised to find out (in time) that there are lots of people who actually believe the developments of late are actually to man's advantage. I was shocked at first when I realized this, but quickly found myself laying back in the tub and letting off no more than a soft giggle.

Here is an official welcome, by THE Ozzie band that I still carry with me on my music collection, 35 years later! Did they make any other albums after ? And what a smashing album, all the songs on it excellent! It's not a mistake! that's for sure.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by pronto

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/rq4fc8d211.gif[/atsimg]

Welcome to Abovetopsecret. I'm a non-sanctioned, unofficial Greeter for ATS!

Welcome to ATS...This is a quick reference to important links!
Straight jackets are on your left, meds are on the table, and if you hurry, you can still get a seat in group therapy.

Common first question is answered here:

Once you have achieved the minimum of 20 post replies, you will be able to create your own threads in their appropriate areas & additionally be able to send and receive messages to fellow ATS members. Private Messages can be sent to Staff only, (but after the 20 post minimum, you'll have full access).

These are the links the staff will give to you to read. I suggest to do so as there is a LOT of information contained there.

Reaffirming ATS Policies (Please Read First)
Terms & Conditions of use. (Please Read First)
Visit here next- ATS Freshman's Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads (Packed with information!)
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics
Also use the Adopt a New Member! thread for more help from members.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/tm4fc9a430.gif[/atsimg]

I look forward to seeing you in the forums!
edit on 2-6-2012 by Rustyk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by pronto

Welcome to ATS...here is your official ATS Welcome Gift. The 2012 ATS Tinfoil Hardhat. Guaranteed to protect you from all falling celestial objects, including people who didn't quite get raptured all the way.

Wear it in good health....

Des

edit on 1-6-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

Nice one, but shouldn't it be in the shape of a cowboy hat with one rim turned up if OP is an Aussie?

Welcome, OP

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

g,day mate. love your callsign and i come from the only state not to have convicts. state was infact a private company. the south australia company if i remember my grade four teacher correctly. much like the first yanks. people searching for freedom to worship GOD as they wanted too. without oppression.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SeesFar

thankyou for the welcome seesfar. that sounds indian. i like it. texas if my memory serves me well became a republic in the same year that the colony/settlement of my home state, south australia was founded. have you seen a game of cricket yet.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

g,day des. mate the hat is real cool. must make one may protect me from haarp or drop bears maybe. but will be a bit of a prob when out hunting. on the rapture it seems there are some who say before the antichrist/tribulation. some say during, some say at end, while some say not at all. time will tell. but. i say again, love the hat and thankyou for the welcome

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by UnlimitedSky

g,day south africa. never been there always wanted to go. know a really good and fair dinkum honest plumber from your location. your comment of change got my interest too. the song is great thankyou i do enjoy listening to it and always get a laugh from the vid. you may like to check of a group called goanna. the song is. solid rock also try ganggajang. song is called. sounds of then. song always carries me back to fnq. far northern queensland with its thunder, lightening and cane fields being fired prior to cutting. thankyou for the greeting too.
edit on 2-6-2012 by pronto because: left out details of song

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Rustyk

g,day rustyk. mate you have given me enough homework to keep me occupied for weeks. hope you dont intend to give me a pop quizz afterward. thankyou for the welcome mate

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

thankyou for the welcome babybunnies. yes it is a slouch hat with left brim up displaying the rising sun hat badge. four generations of my family have worn the hat. the reprobates in canberra have changed the titles on the badge three times and it is now somewhat insipid. now please dont be offended, but it takes the fur from eight rabbit pelts to make one slouch hat. figured i would chuck that one in. or as we used to say. useless information for your useless information file. thankyou for the welcome and i think your callsign is neat.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by pronto
reply to post by SeesFar

thankyou for the welcome seesfar. that sounds indian. i like it. texas if my memory serves me well became a republic in the same year that the colony/settlement of my home state, south australia was founded. have you seen a game of cricket yet.

Yes, i'm Native American (we mostly still call ourselves 'Indian' but in a public forum that has an international membership that includes folks who are "India"-Indian, i try to stick with Native American).

Texas became a Republic in 1836, so if i'm remembering my world history correctly, you're either right or danged close.

No, i've never seen a game of cricket. I'm not much of a sports fan, though i'll go to a good rodeo if one's in the area. Now i'm compelled to go look up cricket to see what it is other than that little nighttime musician.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by pronto
reply to post by Rustyk

g,day rustyk. mate you have given me enough homework to keep me occupied for weeks. hope you dont intend to give me a pop quizz afterward. thankyou for the welcome mate

Ready for your pop quiz?

The ATS staff usually gives those links to help out new members. I have been beating them to the punch lately...

I hope you do read over it, some anyway. There is a TON of helpful information in there. If you have questions feel free to ask either me or a member of the staff!
Take care!

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Hi pronto!

Welcome! If you feel comfortable sharing, I'm curious as to what sorts of things you have seen in Oz that might pique the interest of those of us at ATS. From you introductory post, it sounds like you have seen some interesting things! Do share, if you feel it appropriate; I, for one, would love to know
!

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by pronto

Welcome sit back relax and enjoy the show, but there might be times when you sit forward, get uptight and want to p*ss on the show.

From a diggers wife here in Townsville welcome to ATS

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

G,day Mrs Digger. from pronto. yes it is a good cd along with icehouse, great southern land. townsville. i remember now. it all comes flooding back. banana lounge one the balcony, first level minor units barracks, two rows back from minor units mess, sun bakin. walk round to rear and look up mount stuart. wonder down over road cross creek round past dry canteen and into boozer. opposite 4 FD REGT. drop shorts. loved that place. i cleared that boozer one pay thursday night. the dart board was at the end of the bar with the picture of phil the greeks missus very close. i was having a hard time hitting the required number so told very one i would have a better chance of hitting the photo and if i could hit the lips would it count for a 20. everyone choked on their drink and very quickly bolted for the door. even the barman moved like lightning for the back room. so downed the darts and started to drink everyones beers. could be a bit of a ratbag back then. we were called 3TF. back then .a life time ago. still have relatives in townsville. brother got out of green machine and stayed in townsville. yeah, it was a family thing. i can also remember at least three other lots of brothers spread through out the task force and one unit had 4 brothers within its ranks. i remember when 1RAR first started testing possible cant see me clothes (cams) a dark flat green and flat black and that tight the blokes looked like they had just come out of a microwave. shrunk wrapped. we guessed the dark flat colours were a spin of from the black that nigel (vc) got around in, over in funnyland (south vietnam). an interesting story lays behind the development of our austcam. GOD bless and keep you and your other half safe, in all the dark places he may go
edit on 11-6-2012 by pronto because: miss spelt a word

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AscendantBliss

g,day. i do apologize for not replying to your hi. i am learning to wear glasses as my near vision has gone walkabout and i do wish it would come home. so, when i am able to lodge/start a new post i will tell you at least one strange out of place event in the aussie bush, that is most assuredly not the benign place the brouchers say it is. i still cant understand why city people go bush walking in shorts with thongs on their feet. thongs/jandels/archie sandles. hope you can figure out the footware type/style. as a kid the old man always gave me six rounds for the point 22 rifle. five for rabbits and one for protection. but after one particular event he started giving me a full packet of fifty, and he was one of those old style fair dinkum laconic bushmen. broadbrim hat, hand rollled smoke, bow legs from horse riding. six foot two, wirey framed and able to plat wire with his fingers or plat a belt or stock wip. funny. i had forgotten all the above about the old man till i got to the packet of ammo. take care. thankyou for the greeting

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join