It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops gun down man for legally carrying firearm... WND

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac

Originally posted by HauntWok
reply to post by neo96

neo, the 2nd amendment isn't an all access pass to be a douchebag. Yes, keep and bear arms, fine, but private property owners have rights themselves. And businesses can tell their customers to not be armed [snip] in the store. If you don't like it, you are free to shop somewhere where they allow you to be an armed [snip] in the store.

In no way shape or form does a store telling you to not be armed on their property infringe on your right to keep and bear arms.

They have to tell you though.

It is part of the membership contract you sign when you become a member of Costco.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Really now?

Listen to this:

Ats is the federal government who gave you the right to come here and post and in order to do that you have to join.

Each Forum is an aisle within the store, Each thread is Costco, and now as a thread creator people are telling me i have a right to refuse any person who wants to contribute to that thread for whatever reason i choose.

and yet it does not work that way now does it?

Your analogy doesn't make sense.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

No, as a private company, ATS is Costco, and when you sign up you agree to Terms and Conditions and if you break those Terms and Conditions, they can tell you to leave.

And then you're free to go over to GLP and complain on how bad ATS is.

See how it works?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
This man was my uncles best friend and a great man. From what my uncle has told me, Las Vegas police have a long history of police wrongdoings. Why is it that police are so quick to pull the trigger? I believe it is because of the nature of Las Vegas. I remember my uncle telling me of a man killing three people with a shotgun at a shopping center a few years earlier, and i can only imagine some of the crimes that take place on the downtown strip. The age of these cops who shot and killed Erik are also of issue. These 3 metro cops were all 25 and under. If the police sent in helicopter support, evacuated costco and closed down roads, then why weren't there more experienced officers sent to the scene? Maybe more strict gun laws should be enforced as well. More thorough background checks and possibly some type of urban gun ban. I dont see why anyone in downtown Las Vegas could possibly need a gun. Guns in homes are fine, but maybe carrying a gun in public needs to be looked at as well. I understand this is our right to bear arms, but threats exist today for violent acts that did not exist hundreds of years ago.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

There are no terms an conditions to the us constitution.

No government No person No business has the right to infringe the rights of the second.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

NOBODY needed to die here. This tragedy would have been prevented if the responding police officer wasn't a trigger happy pussy.

They're trained to shoot first and ask questions later. The word "negotiate" isn't put into their brainwash...er i mean training at the re-education...er i mean police academy. They think the word "MERCY" is a chambered round delivered at the squeeze of a trigger.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Our constitution is not a divine doctrine. We can amend it. Make it more up to date you know?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

No government No person No business has the right to infringe the rights of the second.

Not according to the branch of the government charged with interpreting what the Consititution means.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

Leave the pistol in the car when shopping unless you know the store allows it.People are terrified of guns you must respect that and not try to push the gray ares where no one knows.The authority resides in the private property owner's instructions and for you to comply so this scenario could be avoided.This is not the old west we cannot open carry everywhere open carry is legal, the police will ask you to remove it.so why would this be any different?
Failure to follow instructions,killed this man.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

Originally posted by CallYourBluff
Or if you lived in a country where guns weren't so easily available you wouldn't need to be armed to go shopping. People just fight in England but as is the American way, laziest option first.

Yah, thats why people get bashed with bricks, stabbed with knifes and burned by Molotovs, because nobody can shoot back.

Notice we don't have those kind of riots here? Because the population is armed.

Not where I live mate, nor most of the UK. These very rarely happen in this country and when they do it's only in the troubled, multicultural areas of the UK. People get shot all the time in the US.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

reply to post by buster2010

What part of the second amendment are people not getting?

The right to keep and bare arms shall not be infringed.

The second amendment is only for public and your property not someone else's private property.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

BS...any private organization can tell you that you can't bring in a gun if they want.

If I saw a guy carrying a gun in a store, I'd call the cops too.

Tell me this geniuses...how do I know the guy carrying the gun is a law abiding licensed gun carrier??? Maybe he is about to hold up the store.

I honest have no remorse for an idiot that gets shot by police because he feels the need to carry a gun in a grocery store...and then won't even leave when asked. He wanted to be Mr tough guy with a gun...wanted to prove a point...and now he is dead.

The fault is on him....not the cop...not the loss prevention officer...it's on the moron that brought a gun into a grocery store.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
Why the hell does anyone need a gun inside of Costco?

Irrational fear on the part of the gun owner is what caused this whole mess. Leave your gun at home, cowboy.

....because you could probably get robbed LEAVING IT?

been there, done that, got the police report...

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I don't know about any of you. but this story completely pissed me off.
1000% proof that something is horribly wrong.

where is the military's outcry?? where are Americans demanding justice by the thousands?
wtf was the point of those wars, where American kids were sent off to USE GUNS, now they come home and get shot for LEGALLY carrying?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stupe
reply to post by Liquesence

I got my information from several articles published by the Las Vegas Sun, a reputable newspaper. Not from another site that, by the looks of it, is filled with watered down conspiracy theories.

I'm certainly no fan of WND, myself (unless you mean ATS, lol).

Perhaps you should bring your sources to the table in this thread--for the benefit of us all, by also including relevant excerpts that may shed more light on the incident. The more information we have regarding (any) incident, the better we can understand it.

This happened several years ago; I'm surprised it is just now coming out on ATS.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

I don't care how nice a Cop can be at times...Don't Trust Them!

edit on 2-6-2012 by Boomer1941 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Inaccurate headline is inaccurate. (From WND, who would have guessed?)

It is NOT legal to carry a concealed weapon on private property in Nevada. It does NOT need to be posted. Anyone who has ever taken a gun class would know that.

Accurate headline:

Cops gun down man for ILLEGALLY carrying firearm...

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
I don't know about any of you. but this story completely pissed me off.
1000% proof that something is horribly wrong.

where is the military's outcry?? where are Americans demanding justice by the thousands?
wtf was the point of those wars, where American kids were sent off to USE GUNS, now they come home and get shot for LEGALLY carrying?

Not legal. In Nevada one does not have the right to carry a concealed weapon on private property.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Only if you consider the Federal Government to have sovereign right over private property.

You see how your ethos is contradicting itself, right? PRIVATE PROPERTY, neo, why do you oppose it?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

Originally posted by Nucleardiver

Originally posted by Apheon
I fail to see why Cops feel the need to shoot you seven times...

I mean is that not obvious they are trying to kill you?

When I was in the Navy I believed in one shot one kill.

Did a Marine teach you that?

Actually yes, it was a Gunnery Sgt at 3rd Marine Regiment, MCB Hawaii. After attaining my Marksman Expert rating I was sent there for Scout Sniper Basic Course then eventually on to Naval Special Warfare Special Reconnaissance Scout School.

I was a Naval Special Warfare Combatant-Craft Crewman under Naval Expeditionary Combat Command and worked with you guys a lot. Marines are a great group of guys and I have the utmost respect for all of you Devil Dogs.
edit on 2-6-2012 by Nucleardiver because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-6-2012 by Nucleardiver because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join