It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops gun down man for legally carrying firearm... WND

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by buster2010

What part of the second amendment are people not getting?

The right to keep and bare arms shall not be infringed.

Ignorance.

Are you opposed to Private Property Laws now, neo?

Private property like shopping malls, or even the Costco where the shooting happened, can prohibit weapons from being on property without any signage. Even if you have concealed weapons permit, private property owners can prohibit weapons.

"The line we always use in class, 'When you say the magic word gun, make sure your hands are visible and wait for the officer to tell you what to do,'" said The Gun Store owner Bob Irwin.

"With Nevada permits, you are required to carry your permit with you. And here in Clark County, you are required to carry your gun registration card with your permit," he said.

Even with a concealed weapons permit, weapons are prohibited from key places.

"The proper way is to inform and let them know you are carrying and let them take the lead. On what you should do and not do -- they will advise and tell you how to behave and whether to make any movements or not," he said.

www.8newsnow.com...

apps.carryconcealed.net...
edit on 2-6-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

As OWS has proven there is no such thing as private property as to "ignorance" ?

Second amendment says what?

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.
edit on 2-6-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
This is BS. If it is store policy to not allow firearms, then the correct signs MUST be posted on or at the door. Most people who carry know when they can or can't take a handgun into a store. If the signs weren't posted, then the employee SHOULD be held liable for starting this mess.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

By breaking the store policy, he was no longer a welcomed guest of the store.. which is private property. The moment they asked him to leave and he didn't he was an unwelcome entity, legally a trespasser. Criminal Trespass is a misdemeanor. Having a concealed gun while committing a misdemeanor violates the CCW, which nullifies your protection, thus he was armed while committing a misdemeanor, now a felony charge.

Yah, shoot to kill all "trespassers". Costco is in a pickle with this one. I'll bet store "policy" does not include confronting "armed" patrons.

I'll bet that shooting "trespassers" is not even the practice of most police departments. What you fail to realize is the elements involved that bear this out. And you are trying to minimize and down play that but it is still there for all to see:

Unlawful shooting...

Second gun...

Camera glitch...
I'd love to see the missing footage... and the 911 call by the "guard" who was "miffed" by the patron.
Good thing Costco security don't carry guns. They are too ignorant and spiteful. This one way over stepped his bounds. That will bear out later during the actual trial, when none cares about it anymore.

Maybe not. Costco can fight this in court forever and the ju$tice $y$tem will comply.

Poor guy. Minding his own business one day and BLAM!

edit on 2-6-2012 by intrptr because: BB code

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

"But a store Loss Prevention Officer called the police and reported that an armed man was behaving erratically in the store."

This man needs to be found and have the hell beat out of him. Knock his teeth out and mess up his face so bad his mother wouldn't recognize him. He deserves no pass. He is responsible for this unwarranted/wrongful death, the stupid mangina.

It's time to punish these cowardly little tattle tale puxxies.

The same for the anti law enforcement employees.

edit on 2-6-2012 by akalepos because: spelling

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

As OWS has proven there is no such thing as private property

So, for the record, you are stating you dont believe in private property.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
This is BS. If it is store policy to not allow firearms, then the correct signs MUST be posted on or at the door. Most people who carry know when they can or can't take a handgun into a store. If the signs weren't posted, then the employee SHOULD be held liable for starting this mess.

Bull#.

Private property like shopping malls, or even the Costco where the shooting happened, can prohibit weapons from being on property without any signage. Even if you have concealed weapons permit, private property owners can prohibit weapons.

www.8newsnow.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
I'm afraid carrying that weapon into a store was a protocol error on the carriers part.Usually only armed criminals perform that act.The officers may have been over zealous in their response and that will be examined I'm sure.When weapons are involved (Americans are quite effective with them) then chances just should not be taken.I would see the circumstances on the shoot to see why the officers tweaked like that and from what we know it seems extreme.
I am sad to lose another brother.
edit on 2-6-2012 by cavtrooper7 because: finished my point

I have a concealed pistol license. I usually have a gun on me when i shop. Sometimes people notice it. Ive noticed lots of other ordinary people carrying guns. What if i told you we have a couple of local grocery stores that support the second amendment? They understand that gun free zones are "target rich environments" for criminals. i have never been asked to leave yet. If they ask me to leave, i will be happy to.

Most stores dont have obvious no gun signs. So how can people be expected to know? This man was killed outside. What makes you people think he wasnt trying to leave?

If only criminals carry guns, why did my county prosecutor sign off on my concealed pistol license? Where am i supposed to carry? At my house???

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I am outraged by this on so many levels!! Not only was a Veteran of the United States gunned down illegally, but the cop that shot him fired 7 rounds into the man. 7 Rounds!!! Have you ever been to Costco!?!? That place gets jam packed and this moron fired 7 rounds into an innocent man, potentially putting many other innocent bystanders in harms way. Being tried for murder is to light of a penalty for this idiotic cop, he needs to be publicly humiliated and executed for his actions.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
A CCW does not allow you to carry your weapon onto private property.

This guy is an idiot.

One day private ownership at all will be history. Then there will just be the likes of cops that look like your avatar... on every corner. At all the checkpoints and at every entrance to every corporate government military police building.

Is that your idea of a Utopia? COP_TOPIA?

I smell police state. I smell bacon sizzling.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I smell a lawsuit coming. Who is now responsible for the death of that individual? The cops, the employes, Costco? They could all be responsible because in the event of a crime any deaths of individuals as a result get charged with a felony offense as if you did the offense yourself.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by Furbs

By breaking the store policy, he was no longer a welcomed guest of the store.. which is private property. The moment they asked him to leave and he didn't he was an unwelcome entity, legally a trespasser. Criminal Trespass is a misdemeanor. Having a concealed gun while committing a misdemeanor violates the CCW, which nullifies your protection, thus he was armed while committing a misdemeanor, now a felony charge.

Yah, shoot to kill all "trespassers". Costco is in a pickle with this one. I'll bet store "policy" does not include confronting "armed" patrons.

I'll bet that shooting "trespassers" is not even the practice of most police departments.

Not all trespassers. Armed trespassers that refuse to follow legally given instruction by bonded police officers.

What you fail to realize is the elements involved that bear this out. And you are trying to minimize and down play that but it is still there for all to see:

The facts of the case are given. A man was asked to leave, did not comply, and was shot when confrontation with police officers dictated that action, an action that has been since deemed JUSTIFIED by the courts.

Unlawful shooting…

Not true. Coroner report stated it was a justified shooting, the judge concurred.

Second gun…

Irrelevant.

Camera glitch...
I'd love to see the missing footage... and the 911 call by the "guard" who was "miffed" by the patron.
Good thing Costco security don't carry guns. They are too ignorant and spiteful. This one way over stepped his bounds. That will bear out later during the actual trial, when none cares about it anymore.

There won't be a trial. No one is fighting this in court.
edit on 2-6-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-6-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

What...you make absolutely no sense...hmm he has a CCW permit (lawfully) and he should leave his gun at home....???

Are you a retard, the purpose of carrying it is in case he gets held up in the parking lot, someone pulls a knife on his or his wife, its for self defense (LEGAL DEFENSE)...people like you should move to Europe...

MarineSniper

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Enough of this violation of constitutional law, let alone common sense. I am logging out and going outside to walk my dog.

Hopefully some fearful civvies won't confuse me for the person who broke into their car last night and tell the police I am armed and behaving... "erratically".

But if they do, so be it. Rather be dead than live in this Nazi state of mind. And all you ignorantly over reacting police state lackies? Kiss my arse...

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
This guy was obviously not a responsible gun owner.

He was asked to leave, he refused, the cops had to be called.

The cops weren't there instantly, which means that he was hanging around on the property while the cops were en-route.

Once the cops got there, I seriously doubt they just opened the windows on their cruiser and started opening fire, they probably demanded he get down on the ground. He obviously refused (again, not to responsible) and the cops must have saw a threat and opened up on him.

I have seen people like this, they don't just hang around for the cops patiently waiting, they are ranting and raving and throwing crap around. He probably got all pissy with the cops, grabbed his gun and they put him down.

Again, he was not a responsible gun owner.

Having a gun is fine, and I think that CCW laws are great things. But, again, who goes shopping with a firearm? Seriously, and what do you think the cops are going to do going to a call about an armed angry person at a store? They aren't going to be all chummy with you.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

That has public access, private property is private property but when you open yourself to the public that is a whole different ball game.

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The right of the people not some few elite who is scared of a gun,

For the record does someone support discrimination?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

That has public access, private property is private property but when you open yourself to the public that is a whole different ball game.

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The right of the people not some few elite who is scared of a gun,

For the record does someone support discrimination?

Costco isn't open to the public, so your entire point is moot.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

neo, the 2nd amendment isn't an all access pass to be a douchebag. Yes, keep and bear arms, fine, but private property owners have rights themselves. And businesses can tell their customers to not be armed [snip] in the store. If you don't like it, you are free to shop somewhere where they allow you to be an armed [snip] in the store.

In no way shape or form does a store telling you to not be armed on their property infringe on your right to keep and bear arms.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Really now?

Listen to this:

Ats is the federal government who gave you the right to come here and post and in order to do that you have to join.

Each Forum is an aisle within the store, Each thread is Costco, and now as a thread creator people are telling me i have a right to refuse any person who wants to contribute to that thread for whatever reason i choose.

and yet it does not work that way now does it?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
reply to post by neo96

neo, the 2nd amendment isn't an all access pass to be a douchebag. Yes, keep and bear arms, fine, but private property owners have rights themselves. And businesses can tell their customers to not be armed [snip] in the store. If you don't like it, you are free to shop somewhere where they allow you to be an armed [snip] in the store.

In no way shape or form does a store telling you to not be armed on their property infringe on your right to keep and bear arms.

They have to tell you though.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join