It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops gun down man for legally carrying firearm... WND

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardiver
reply to post by acuna

What probably happened is that a coward that wanted to wear a badge responded to the call and instead of handling the situation with some intelligence and bravery by walking up to Scott and questioning him or stating that he was not allowed to have a firearm in Cosco he acted with the typical cowardly cop mentality of shoot first and ask questions later..

My cowardly son in law - is going to come home to his daughters - my grand daughters. I'm good with that.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

If the store has a sign indicating no weapons,he broke the law.
If the store does not have a sign,then he did not break the law.
People always assume someone with a gun is dangerous and
they panic and over-react.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
People always assume someone with a gun is dangerous and
they panic and over-react.

Yet those same people invite cops into their lives. Cops who are statistically more likely to have problems with violence, substance abuse, domestic violence, emotional instability, etc... than the non-cop population.

Go figure.

You see a badge and by all counts that badge is far more likely to inflict harm on you than any other non-badge random on the street.

Funny how a measured and quantified reality gives way to perception and image.

An old thread collecting the stats and studies I speak of along with quite a bit more horrible information.
edit on 2-6-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: to back up the claim

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
You know what's really funny? All you anti-gun weenies be on notice, when some major catastrophe happens, I'm not gonna need to stock up on anything...ie food, gas, anything else I might need. I'm just gonna come and take yours!

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I do not know al of the facts and details of this incident. But I can say one thing for sure. Las Vegas Police are some of the hardest trained and vetted Law Enforcement agencies in the entire Nation. It hard as hell to even get into the Academy, let alone endure the 6 months Training and Vetting process. This is just what I know from a handful of years ago. It could be much harder nowadays. Vegas Police are some of the most well trained and prepared LEOS out there though. There has to be more to it than what I am reading and I am sure there is.

So many variables unaccounted for in this thread though. So it all comes down to opinion on my part.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You have a right to not wear a shirt too, but g into most without one and they will ask you too leave...

This guy was another one of those obnoxious americans that like that stick power in peoples faces

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

Why don't you tell the whole story? How about the part when the cops told him to freeze and put his hands up? Many witnesses stated that at that point he reached for his gun. Whether or not his intentions were good at that point, he still reached for his gun, which could be seen as a threat. It's a shame that this man died, but to claim the police just shot him for no reason is disgraceful.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

While I completely agree that some of the police can be real dicks we can't paint everyone of them the same color. We have seen what has happened at many of the OWS protests. I think it's part of a larger problem. Something is feeding this behavior. Since 9-11 things have definitely changed and not for the better. We need to relax a bit.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
WHY DO YOU NEED A GUN TO GO SHOPPING AT COSTCO????

Plus...he brought a gun into a privately owned store that had a policy against people bringing in firearms.

Of course ATS people are going to freak out because there are so many gun lovers here....but this man died becuase he made some stupid decisions...beginning with bringing a gun into COSTCO and then refusing to leave when they asked him to.

Note to any gun lovers...you don't need a freaking gun to go grocery shopping...for christs sake.

The entire idea of carrying a weapon when not at home is to protect yourself from people that might wish you harm. Even when grocery shopping(...for christs sake). You're telling me that stores that sell food are exempt form being entered by criminals? Are you willing to grantee that for us? Their parking lots are also 100% secure....Great news!
There was no reason to believe that the shot man had prior knowledge of policy regarding firearms in the store. The man was exorcising his right to carry concealed in his state, he had a permit. If the man had brandished the weapon that's one thing. It's another all together to say he brought it upon himself because someone got scared seeing the but of a pistol in a concealed holster. This man was murdered with 0% cause. And the LEO involved should be charged accordingly. As well as the jumpy employee that called in creating a threat that did not exist.

It's not being a gun nut to choose to exorcise your right to carry a firearm. I do pray though that you never find yourself in a situation where having one while out in public. It's not a good feeling being on the wrong side of a gun.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Wow.

Well my question is when does a person have a right to protect him/her self against a cop?

Im just saying why do we trust that cops will do the right thing. Why do they automaticly get that trust from us?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I fail to see why Cops feel the need to shoot you seven times...

I mean is that not obvious they are trying to kill you?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by spyder550

Erik doesn't have that luxury anymore.
edit on 2-6-2012 by Apheon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Apheon
I fail to see why Cops feel the need to shoot you seven times...

I mean is that not obvious they are trying to kill you?

Shooting a person is not like what you see on TV. The majority of time one shot is not going to kill a person. Most times it takes multiple shots to subdue a person, especially in the heat of the moment when you don't necessarily have the time or ability to aim properly. I'm not saying 7 shots was appropriate in this incident, Just explaining why cops will sometimes fire multiple shots into a suspect.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
So this is what happens when "If You See Something, Say Something" is put into play.

I'm guessing Napolitano will see this as a successful outcome for the people spying on people program.

People should use their own heads instead of being controlled by fear.

Peace

Even if it never becomes a publicly announced win for them, it will surely be a big fat bullet point on someone's dashboard metrics. It's wishful thinking to hope someone other than the deceased will be held accountable, even though that's exactly what needs to happen. It's a damn shame.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Originally posted by DaTroof
Why the hell does anyone need a gun inside of Costco?

Irrational fear on the part of the gun owner is what caused this whole mess. Leave your gun at home, cowboy.

I'm no fan of guns, but what's the use of having one for self defense, including a permit to carry concealed, and then leave the gun at home, cowboy?

ETA: in hindsight this post was a bit redundant, sry.
edit on 2/6/12 by Romekje because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrMedic
You know what's really funny? All you anti-gun weenies be on notice, when some major catastrophe happens, I'm not gonna need to stock up on anything...ie food, gas, anything else I might need. I'm just gonna come and take yours!

So you saying people should have guns so they can prey on people without? Sounds like a good argument for stricter gun laws to me. From the looks of your moral compass people like you are what give gun owners a bad name to begin with.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
- Hey guys, am I suppose to put this gun on his corpse as we were trained, I mean dude already got a gun. And do I put blow, he ain't black?
- Don't be such a thinker Jimmy, you ain't gonna go high with this attitude
- Maybe we'll put it there anyway, and say he pulled it at us!
- Jaysus, great idea! We might even keep the blow!
- Any CCTV around?
- All over the place.
- Go see the sec fella and tell him it malfunctioned.
- Yessir
- Ok, pack it up boys!
- What about eye witnesses?
- Jimmy, it's 2012, thanks to internet nobody gives a &#^% about eye witnesses
edit on 2-6-2012 by stainlesssteelrat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by diakrite

Originally posted by spyder550
When you build a world based on wild west fantasy, and everybody is a gunslinger -- things escalate. What to carry guns everywhere - what else do people expect to happen?

Exáctly my point.
I am an ex-milpo officer, and wouldn't have taken the risk of an armed guy drawing first..sooo..

Have gun--] get war-zone. Choices.

So, in a country where carrying a weapon is legal, you would just shoot a guy that is not pointing his at you simply because he has one holstered. I guess that makes you a coward, just like the cop that killed the law-abiding veteran.

edit on 6/2/2012 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Apheon

I agree Scott doesnt have that luxury anymore.

More disturbing is Spyder saying he has no problem with his relative i assume, gunning down somebody unjustifiably so long as said relative comes home safely.

Well, what about the person killed unjustifiably?

Also, if said relative does kill someone unjustifiably and comes home safely to said persons. Should said relative be tried in court over said action or forgiven because he had to do what needed to be done to ensure his safe return home to said persons?

Ehhhhhh somethings not right here.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
Why the hell does anyone need a gun inside of Costco?

Irrational fear on the part of the gun owner is what caused this whole mess. Leave your gun at home, cowboy.

That is the whole attitude overzealous liberals want you to have.....Yeah just get rid of the 2nd amendment why don't you? This nan was a legal carrier, not some criminal....

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join