It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops gun down man for legally carrying firearm... WND

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by donmega

donmega. Welcome to ATS? Jumped right in with both feet huh? To tell ATS'ers that the media has "the truth" about it all? That after the fact (as it turns out) everybody was "mistaken"?

There was no camera "glitch". Oh yah, where's the footage?

He was a drug addict. SOP for cops that need to discredit their suspects.

That now his weapon wasn't in fact holstered (first reports) but drawn in a brandishing manner and pointed at the police. But as well unfired, huh?

They don't issue concealed carry permits to people like that in the first place. The process for obtaining one is not that simple. You must prove you are of clean and sound mind and body, have no priors and not be unbalanced or a drug addict.

Any "Now heres the truth" stories that follow the initial reports are just covering the truth. I expect that more than I expect anybody at Accostco or the police to apologize. And guess what we at ATS think of the media anyway?

They all cover each others arse in these type situations.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by Furbs

Had he listened to the police officers and STOPPED what he was doing, he would still be alive.

Bullspit. He didn't break any laws. In fact most concealed carry permit holders are more level headed than a lot of people ( like wannabe security guards).

The man calmly ignored the hype, continued shopping and left when he was done. Of course that justifies gunning him down... (according to you).

He broke the law the moment he didn't leave when he was asked to do so.
He broke the law -again- when he refused to obey lawful instructions of bonded police officers.

So every law broken is a death sentence in the USA now?

Better watch out at those speed traps pal, especially when someone knocks on your door the day after.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

I haven't shot anyone. I don't carry a gun.

But you do kill him again and again every time you belittle the man with your keyboard. He's dead already. Show some respect. He didn't hurt anybody either.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romekje

Originally posted by Furbs

reply to post by Furbs

Had he listened to the police officers and STOPPED what he was doing, he would still be alive.

Bullspit. He didn't break any laws. In fact most concealed carry permit holders are more level headed than a lot of people ( like wannabe security guards).

The man calmly ignored the hype, continued shopping and left when he was done. Of course that justifies gunning him down... (according to you).

He broke the law the moment he didn't leave when he was asked to do so.
He broke the law -again- when he refused to obey lawful instructions of bonded police officers.

So every law broken is a death sentence in the USA now?

Better watch out at those speed traps pal, especially when someone knocks on your door the day after.

Yawn.

Is every crime being met with death? Think before you post baseless rhetoric.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

reply to post by Furbs

I haven't shot anyone. I don't carry a gun.

But you do kill him again and again every time you belittle the man with your keyboard. He's dead already. Show some respect. He didn't hurt anybody either.

You can't argue with facts so you decide to ad hominem me. Smooth.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
As much as I dislike cops, I can't formulate an opinion on this event without additional info. I distrusted the article the second I began reading it. These "journalists" are pathetic. Why don't they at least attempt to maintain a little objectivity or wait till they know the facts? It's because they just gotta get their stories "out there".
It's always: "Saintly, innocent man murdered by bloodthirsty cops as he was performing charity work.'"

These jerkoff reporters are a huge problem in our society. They play fast and loose with the truth or disregard it altogether, and whip the knee-jerking public into a frenzy.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
As someone who is both a concealed carry holder and disabled I refuse to patronize any place that does not welcome both me and my carry pistol.
I can't run away nor can I fight my way out of anything.
Your odds of being robbed or assaulted are much higher when leaving a store than entering.
I guess Costco doesn't give a damn about you, just don't spoil everyone else's shopping experience by exercising your Constitutional rights.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

Seriously? I've got nothing to say anymore. The people are screwed man. So legally carrying firearms now guarantees a bullet with your name on it? I'm finding hard to distinguish between cops and armed goons these days. Enough is enough!

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Facts? You mean irrevocable proof by Internet? Or just "your facts"? I see your twist to the facts. You are either one of the red alert terror phobes that bought all the propaganda about "the evil gun" or on the side of the state which seeks to disarm Americans.

Is there another choice I overlooked?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardiver

Originally posted by OldCorp

Originally posted by Nucleardiver

Originally posted by Apheon
I fail to see why Cops feel the need to shoot you seven times...

I mean is that not obvious they are trying to kill you?

When I was in the Navy I believed in one shot one kill.

Did a Marine teach you that?

Actually yes, it was a Gunnery Sgt at 3rd Marine Regiment, MCB Hawaii. After attaining my Marksman Expert rating I was sent there for Scout Sniper Basic Course then eventually on to Naval Special Warfare Special Reconnaissance Scout School.

I was a Naval Special Warfare Combatant-Craft Crewman under Naval Expeditionary Combat Command and worked with you guys a lot. Marines are a great group of guys and I have the utmost respect for all of you Devil Dogs.
edit on 2-6-2012 by Nucleardiver because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-6-2012 by Nucleardiver because: (no reason given)

Dude, I was stationed at Kaneohe. Lava Dog, through and through. Wpns Co, 1stBn, 3rd MarDiv.

Small world. Cheers brother.

(Naval Operators are no slouches either.)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

reply to post by Furbs

Facts? You mean irrevocable proof by Internet? Or just "your facts"? I see your twist to the facts. You are either one of the red alert terror phobes that bought all the propaganda about "the evil gun" or on the side of the state which seeks to disarm Americans.

Is there another choice I overlooked?

Or, as stated, I am someone that understands CCW law, Private Property vs. Personal Property conflicts, Misdemeanor elevation to Felony transgressions, and was trying to educate others on those very subjects.

I have provided court cases, USSC rulings, store policies, and cited legal definitions to evidence what I am talking about. You simply beat your chest and post the same tired "SECOND AMENDMENT CANNOT BE INFRINGED ON" tripe that isn't backed up by any precedence at all.

Please get more education before getting so indignant.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
What a situation.. Good post, kinda disappointing that people judge like that.. Too much media I tell ya. From another perspective though, I don't think it's smart to carry your weapon into public places anyway..

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

You simply beat your chest and post the same tired "SECOND AMENDMENT CANNOT BE INFRINGED ON" tripe that isn't backed up by any precedence at all.

And that my fellow Americans is the woeful state of the Union today.

Chest beating...
Constitution tripe...
No precedence...

You're problem is you are to young to remember why the Bill of Rights was added to the constitution in the first place. They obviously never taught you that part in school. Or historical precedence. In the end you too will be crushed by the very system you are ushering in. Tell me then what tripe your rights are.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Murder!

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Costco is a private business. If I have a building to run my business where customers come to conduct business, I can ask them to not com inside armed. That is my right. Just as I can refuse someone that is homosexual. However, the shooting was not justified at all. A life is a life and to be ok with these traitors to the Constitution murdering civilians is disgusting.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

reply to post by Furbs

You simply beat your chest and post the same tired "SECOND AMENDMENT CANNOT BE INFRINGED ON" tripe that isn't backed up by any precedence at all.

And that my fellow Americans is the woeful state of the Union today.

Chest beating...
Constitution tripe...
No precedence...

You're problem is you are to young to remember why the Bill of Rights was added to the constitution in the first place. They obviously never taught you that part in school. Or historical precedence. In the end you too will be crushed by the very system you are ushering in. Tell me then what tripe your rights are.

Your problem is your selected understanding of the Bill of Rights, and what you think they mean. Without Supreme Court intervention, they would still only be applicable to white men, for instance. Without judicial oversight, women would STILL not be protected by the Bill of Rights.

legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com...
digital.library.upenn.edu...

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Just because someone has a distrust for the media doesn't mean that it happened the way you said it did. There are other articles that you can search for on that new fangled thing called "Google." I may be new to posting, but I am well aware of people's mistrust of the MSM on ATS.

There was a Coroner's Inquest with a jury. There were witnesses that claim Erik Scott pointed his weapon at the cops. There is proof that he had drugs in is system. I know that is not going to change your mind. I distrust the cops as much of the next person. I hate that they shoot law-abiding citizens for no reason. I hate that they can get away with murder, but this isn't one of those times. Your protest will be watered down when you don't choose the correct battles. You can't just go out on a limb and scream this was bloody murder without doing the research.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by donmega
reply to post by intrptr

Just because someone has a distrust for the media doesn't mean that it happened the way you said it did. There are other articles that you can search for on that new fangled thing called "Google." I may be new to posting, but I am well aware of people's mistrust of the MSM on ATS.

There was a Coroner's Inquest with a jury. There were witnesses that claim Erik Scott pointed his weapon at the cops. There is proof that he had drugs in is system. I know that is not going to change your mind. I distrust the cops as much of the next person. I hate that they shoot law-abiding citizens for no reason. I hate that they can get away with murder, but this isn't one of those times. Your protest will be watered down when you don't choose the correct battles. You can't just go out on a limb and scream this was bloody murder without doing the research.

You do realize that the "ENTIRE" civilian operations, from top to bottom, have been throughly corrupted by the politicians, the businesses, and the FOP (Fraternal Order Of Police) when it comes to dealing out truth and justice right?..

All I (or anyone) would have to do, is literally walk up to any cop, drop a 100k in their hand, and tell them who they want killed..

They are "enforcers", they are drug dealers, and they are hit men for the lawyers, judges, and private interests groups that have nothing to do with our Constitutional rights...

It has not been "To Protect and "Serve"" for a long time now, it is to "Enslave And Punish"...

I believe this COP should be arrested, investigated, and the private citizen fired and then investigated for "why" the tapes failed...

It is a Constitutional Right" to bare arms, to posses them for defense, not just against fellow citizens, but against indiscretions of the long arm of the law, and all that trespass against another's "God Given rights" as afforded by the Constitution...

Having a weapon is never a problem, but dealing with individuals such as this Oinker who will step upon your rights, is the problem...

I like the fact that cops are afraid of us now, it's starting to affect their mental capacities, and pretty soon, it seems that the only response to a single infraction upon a citizen they are supposed to protect and serve, is to leave them as a statistic with a toe tag on them...

Sucks to be them AND on the wrong side of the road to boot.. I think they better wake up before TSHTF.. because it will not be pretty form what I can see..

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

According to eye witness reports the cop shouted numerous conflicting orders in quick succession and started shooting right after. This was (yet another) unlawful shooting by USA police.

Won't be long before you indeed get shot for speeding, or jaywalking.

I clearly remember a thread about a KID being shot in the back because he ran from the police.. an UNARMED kid who was about 12 years old.

Trigger happy idiots shouldnt be in the police force, and i don't care how you try to twist and turn this case in order to justify it.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
What I don't understand is, what if he were an undercover police officer or one of the alphabet agents? We know lots of FBI/CIA agents carry. Does that mean they can just get blasted by the cops? I think in the end, the cops were very wrong. They are the ones who panicked and opened fire in fear. Costco is just stupid. I think they should be held accountable over the missing tape. It's too obvious.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join