It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops gun down man for legally carrying firearm... WND

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+39 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Cops gun down man for legally carrying firearm... WND

[color=gold]by Jeff Knox

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

This could happen to anyone of us! I am outraged, what the hell is going on? there is a war on the streets and I will not stand for it.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

People kill people, guns are just a tool... The employee however can't be blamed if its the store policy for no guns as hes just doing his job. The policeman needs to be punished though. You'd think someone with that much experience would realise he isn't a threat.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
For some reason this one REALLY bothers me.
I can't put my finger on the perfect words though.

This a true example that freedom and tolerance have given way to terror.
People have become spineless.

b

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Another case proving why I hate people.

At the very least, I hope the Loss Prevention Officer is tried for murder.

Ideally, I would hope the fantasy situation he created in his head and played out for everyone, in which a crazed gunman comes in behaving erratically comes true, and in the process he is gunned down. His life is worthless IMO.

The veteran and upstanding citizen should be alive right now.
edit on 1-6-2012 by Wolf321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I think this is a total violation of the guys rights and the police officer and store personnel should charged
with murder.

Pure and simple murder!!

Disgusting!!! The police in the US are so poorly trained and very uneducated, its a joke!!

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Other witnesses reported that they saw Scott’s body removed by EMTs and saw nothing on the ground except blood and a cell phone, or sun glasses. EMTs reported that they removed Scott’s gun and holster from the waistband of his jeans in the ambulance and that they saw no other gun, yet, after police broke into Scott’s apartment and confiscated the firearms there, the story came out that Scott was carrying two guns that day. A picture of the second gun, on the ground near a cell phone, after the blood on the pavement had been cleaned up, is the “proof” that Scott had two guns and pulled one on MPD officers. The store’s video surveillance system inexplicably malfunctioned for the several seconds of the shooting.

That is from the source, a bit of a different view in my opinion. My money would be on the civilians telling the truth seeing as the CCTV 'coincidentally' malfunctioned...

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
The store was violating his constitutional right to carry does not matter they have no right to discriminate,because of irrational fears, and that guy is dead because of some half wit who does not understand what CCW is.

He should be alive right now, and he isn't.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

This email is in response to your October 20, 2006 letter to our Investor Relations department, regarding Costco's "No Firearms" policy at its warehouse stores.

As an initial matter, Costco is not a place of "public accommodation" within the meaning of civil rights laws. The definition of "public accommodation" does not include a bona fide private club or other establishment that is not in fact open to the public. Costco Wholesale is a membership-only warehouse club. It is not open to the general public. It restricts membership to a limited group of qualified individuals who agree to membership conditions. We have the right, and the obligation to our members, to enact and enforce membership rules. The Member Service Employees at the exit doors are obliged to follow these rules. By obtaining a Costco membership card, our members agree to comply with the Membership Rules and the Privileges and Conditions of membership.

Costco does not believe that it is necessary for firearms to be brought into its warehouse stores, except in the case of authorized law enforcement officers. For the protection of all our members and employees, we feel this is a reasonable and prudent precaution to ensure a pleasant shopping experience and safe workplace. Our policy is meant to protect our members and employees in all warehouses around the world. This is not a new policy and we do not customize the policy for each individual city/county/state/country where we do business.The shopping experience is not enhanced by bringing a firearm into our warehouse.

JEWS FOR THE PRESERVATION OF FIREARMS OWNERSHIP

If I had known about this policy, I never would have bought a membership to that place. Its not like they advertize it at the door. I'll seriously have to think about canceling my membership over this.

ETA: I hope criminals take note of this policy and react accordingly. There's nothing they like more than an unarmed target. Its the reason those mass school shootings are so successful.

edit on 6/1/12 by FortAnthem because:
___________ extra DIV

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
So this is what happens when "If You See Something, Say Something" is put into play.

I'm guessing Napolitano will see this as a successful outcome for the people spying on people program.

People should use their own heads instead of being controlled by fear.

Peace

edit on 1-6-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Why the hell does anyone need a gun inside of Costco?

Irrational fear on the part of the gun owner is what caused this whole mess. Leave your gun at home, cowboy.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
While the shooting is complete BS, a store has the right to set the policy on guns on their own private property, there was a bunch of this going around in CA (they ended up changing the law to ban open carry) but Starbucks for awhile was cool with Open carry, and reversed it.

The cops had every right to stop him when violation of his CCW, it would be the same if he tried to step into a court house with a gun.

Again shooting BS, but again he was in violation of his CCW by bringing it onto private property that disallowed it.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
Why the hell does anyone need a gun inside of Costco?

Irrational fear on the part of the gun owner is what caused this whole mess. Leave your gun at home, cowboy.

People have the right to protect themselves in or out of Costco.

Besides, the carry law doesn't stipulate that you can carry it outside of Costco but not inside. It's his right and he died because someone clearly was playing a cowboy. But it wasn't him.

Peace

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Do “No Gun Signs” Have the Force of Law?
“NO”
“Handgunlaw.us highly recommends that you not enter a place that is posted "No Firearms" no matter what the state laws read/mean on signage. We recommend you print out the No Guns = No Money Cards and give one to the owner of the establishment that has the signage." As responsible gun owners and upholders of the 2nd Amendment we should also honor the rights of property owners to control their own property even if we disagree with them.”

“No Firearm” signs in Nevada have no force of law unless they are posted on property that is specifically mentioned in State Law as being off limits to those with a Permit/License to Carry. If you are in a place not specifically mentioned in the law that is posted and they ask you to leave, you must leave. If you refuse to leave then you are breaking the law and can be charged. Even if the property is not posted and you are asked to leave you must leave. Always be aware of the possibility that responding Police Officers who may have been called without your knowledge and may not know the laws on trespass etc. could arrest you even if you are within the law.

PDF Source document covering the CCW laws of the State of Nevada.

It doesn't seem like he was violating a law while having his CCW on him. Unless I just missed something or it wasn't covered in this breakdown.

ETA: Stores don't seem to be covered under the prohibited areas laws. As long as he was willing to leave upon request, which he seemed to do, only adding his frustration and disapproval of the policy, he did no wrong.
edit on 1-6-2012 by Wolf321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Why does the costitution and the law say he is able to carry one, and he gets killed for it....without threatening anyone.
There is an irrational fear state everybody is buying into...about guns, and bombs and its created by the goverments own agencies and false fag operations.....
The educational system is also helping to create these no mind pansified people who have no discretion, discrimination or sense.
The majority of the people are becomming thoroughly propagandized and turning into mush brains.....
sicko

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Thats why you don't carry a gun these days, you just carry a tactical nuke with your finger on the button and take out the whole block if those punks try to arrest you falsely.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I am just waiting for a headline like like this to show up.
"Cops guns down little old lady, enraged crowd guns down the cops"

It is going to come to a point where everyone has to carry a gun to protect them self FROM the police?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Bag of skittles, licensed handgun...some people just want an excuse.

I suppose like with Trayvon, we should wait for all the facts, no?

This article does seem quite biased.

- Lee

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigBruddah

People kill people, guns are just a tool... The employee however can't be blamed if its the store policy for no guns as hes just doing his job. The policeman needs to be punished though. You'd think someone with that much experience would realise he isn't a threat.

It also looks as though Costco is complicit in the cover up by announcing that their cameras were non functional at the time of the shooting.

That is unacceptable. We will NOT be shopping at ANY Costco ever again.

This is how you send a message. One person at a time. Yes, it really works ... Try it.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

So this is what happens when "If You See Something, Say Something" is put into play.

I'm guessing Napolitano will see this as a successful outcome for the people spying on people program.

People should use their own heads instead of being controlled by fear.

Peace

Wow. I if I could give you 100 stars for that post I would. I think you nailed it on the head. But you gotta hand it to the fast and furious crazy people. They sure made people paranoid. I don't want to say it, but I think we all saw this coming.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join