It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've succumbed, at last!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Hello ATS!! I have finally made the decision to become an active member! My boyfriend introduced me to this site, and I find myself visiting ATS more and more everyday as a source of information and opinions. I decided to become a member because I began to yearn for a sense of contributing my opinion as it relates to the topics discussed and perhaps my opinion can aid in better understanding or have power in persuasion, or perhaps nothing at all, either way, there's fulfillment in interacting with like minded individuals. I've noticed more and more that the things I see in this world and the way I view them are topics that are difficult, strange, or too radical for most people that I interact with socially to either comprehend, are uneducated, uninformed, or just plain ignorant. I don't find fulfillment in purposeless, meaningless communication when socializing with people, which has been an issue all my life.

A little about myself:
I am an American woman and a Registered Nurse for a small non-profit community organization and spend the majority of my time and energy engulfed in my career, as I have workaholic tendencies
Not something I ever intend, but my life purpose is defined in the impact I have in the lives of those I take care of... and supervise.
Outside of all that, I have Libertarian political values, a desire for small government and a return to a natural form of human living. I am deeply spiritual, but not religious or fanatical in that I do not believe in organized religion, however find truth in Biblical texts, as well as in the Quran. I enjoy the simple things in life, learning, loving, laughing. Ultimately I crave TRUTH, and that's also why I am here on ATS.

SO, that's a wrap, in a nutshell, I suppose!! Looking forward to sharing ideas with you all!!

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocsgirl
My boyfriend

That's about the only part of your post I found to be sad to hear...

Roc on Girl!

Welcome here and I'm sure your posts and threads will be nice as you seem well articulated. Well, in the words you write.

A heads up , tho, you will also find opposite minds here.

Welcome again and see you around!

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocsgirl

Welcome to the ATS Family...sounds like you'll fit in quite well....

Des

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

From the Desk of Rustyk

Email ([email protected]. Please Use "Abovetopsecret" in the subject line).

Welcome to Abovetopsecret. I'm an UN-sanctioned, UN-official Greeter for ATS!

Welcome to ATS... Visitor! This may be used a quick reference tool for links!
Straight jackets are on your left, meds are on the table, and if you hurry, you can still get a seat in group therapy.

Common first question is answered here:

Once you have achieved the minimum of 20 post replies, you will be able to create your own threads in their appropriate areas & additionally be able to send and receive messages to fellow ATS members. Private Messages can be sent to Staff only, (but after the 20 post minimum, you'll have full access).

These are the links the staff will give to you to read. I suggest to do so as there is a LOT of information contained there.

Reaffirming ATS Policies (Please Read First)
Terms & Conditions of use. (Please Read First)
Visit here next- ATS Freshman's Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads(Packed with information!)
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics
Also use the Adopt a New Member! thread for more help from members.

If you have any further questions message me here, or if you don't have the posts required to use the service you can always contact the staff or my Email.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocsgirl

Welcome!! many of us Washington Types here!!

if i ever need a nurse,, i know who to call!

Darrman

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS and BTS. If you want to discuss the strange or bizarre things you've noticed, you're in the right place.

Your avatar already looks a whole lot better than mine.

new topics

top topics

join