It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finnish scientists find allergy vaccine

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteHat

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
reply to post by WhiteHat

The first documented case of anaphylaxis was in 2641 BC, when King Menes of Egypt died from a Wasp sting.

www.allergy-clinic.co.uk...

I wonder what vaccine he took, do you know?

Can't argue with stupid I suppose.

Wasp sting is not peanuts. It's venom and it's SUPPOSED to hurt you. Some people are more sensitive to it than other, but EVERYONE is hurt from WASP sting. It's not the same as food allergies.
I bet you didn't even bothered to read the links I posted. I suppose that being offensive is your idea of being smart; who needs to check the facts after all?
Anything else to cover your ignorance?

What does pain from a wasp sting have to do with an allergic reaction and anaphylactic shock? It is not some are more sensitive, it is some are allergic. Keep proving you have zero clue as to what you are talking about.

Stinging insect allergies specifically refer to reactions that take place in parts of the body distant from the place that the sting was inflicted. In fact, allergic reactions are usually whole-body or systemic reactions, and the effects are fairly widespread in the body.

www.cals.ncsu.edu...
What does a sting on someones leg have to do with their airway passage closing up. They are not more sensitive, they are allergic. Now tell me how food allergies and these allergies differ. They are both systemic abnormal reactions to something that normally should not cause that reaction. You. Are. Clueless.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by HumanCondition

Obviously something has sparked a triple in cases.
That is clearly some external environmental factor driving such a rapid and unnatural increase.

I completely agree. Now explain to me how a vaccine that would cure all allergies is a dumb idea. Is it a good idea to maybe look into why allergies are becoming more common and try to solve that so we have fewer allergies, certainly. Regardless we will STILL have life threatening allergies. How is it dumb to cure that? That has been my question since the start which no one wants to actually answer.
edit on 7-6-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Originally posted by HumanCondition

Obviously something has sparked a triple in cases.
That is clearly some external environmental factor driving such a rapid and unnatural increase.

I completely agree. Now explain to me how a vaccine that would cure all allergies is a dumb idea. Is it a good idea to maybe look into why allergies are becoming more common and try to solve that so we have fewer allergies, certainly. Regardless we will STILL have life threatening allergies. How is it dumb to cure that? That has been my question since the start which no one wants to actually answer.
edit on 7-6-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

Because an allergy is the bodies way of warning you not to use a certain material/substance/food. If we do not feel that allergy we risk prolonged exposure to those things which can be dangerous, the body would not be warning about them if they were a good thing. People will get the idea that it is safe to use certain things when in fact it may not be.
Also it runs a great risk of making you unaware of when you come into contact things that all of us are perhaps allergic to in a sense, like poison ivy as a broad and general example.

An allergy is communication directly from your brain and we should listen to it.

The only intelligent way to fight allergies right now is to remove the environmental factors that cause them.

You talk about life threatening in the short term like anaphylactic shock. I am talking about the long term.
Perhaps in 50-100 years when we are experts on this issue and we are 100% sure of all the possibility's. You have to agree that what they are going to do is wrong, and that is to rush it onto the market at the expense of those people you are worried about.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Well, I'm allergic to a component in my own blood. It's autoimmune.
It is in the serum component of my blood.
I'd love any hope.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Nice, it involves vaccinations. And we're to trust blindly. Enough said.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Sorry Hadriana, people here on ATS don't get it, how amazing this discovery is.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by HumanCondition

Tell you what let YOUR child develop a life-threatening allergy and tell them sorry, you need to be at risk because I don't agree with this. Rediculous. You can't respond logically to any of my points, you keep parroting the same point and never reply to MY points countering you.

ETA: if you no longer are allergic to poison ivy it poses no risk, I don't understand why you don't get this. WHO CARES if you come in contact with it if you are no longer allergic, there is zero harm. You have zero understanding of the issue as is evident by every post you make.
edit on 9-6-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

It will never be allowed in this country as many other drugs aren't allowed. It will have been used there for ten years then our Pharma companies will say they improved it at ten times the price.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
It may make us susceptible to some microbes being inappropriately ignored by our bodies. It will need further research and testing by their scientists. Finland has many good scientists. They develop inexpensive cures.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

From what it seems like they are doing is they are altering the allergen molecule. This would affect ONLY the allergy, and not do what you suggest. I agree 5-10 more years of testing to determine exactly what the effects are will be prudent. This is still an amazing discovery and should be cheered.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join