It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God to Jesus. I just condemned the human race. Now go die to save them.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
I did not realize I made the statement about not searching for answers that fly in the face of my beliefs. That needs a little clarification, I think. I have spent many years looking at other faiths and when I say "I believe in God, the Father, the Almighty, the Creator of Heaven and Earth." I am saying I looked at what is out their and found all other beliefs lacking the truth of Christianity and I choose the Trinitarian belief. It is not blind faith, but chosen faith.

edit on 6/10/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

Faith without facts is for fools.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

Fools with "facts" cannot define faith.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl

We can define it but have no use for fairy tales to be thought of as real.

Regards
DL

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Faith:

belief that is not based on proof

dictionary.reference.com...

If you are accepting facts fine, don't call it faith.
Faith is belief in the unproven.

Why do you spend so much time trying to convince others of your perceived truth (notice I did not call it faith)?
I understand why Christian's do, Jesus commanded them to do so. I cannot believe you really care about anyone here. Just seems you want to tear down faith. Do you consider yourself an anti-Christ? That is how you come across.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Faith:

belief that is not based on proof

dictionary.reference.com...

If you are accepting facts fine, don't call it faith.
Faith is belief in the unproven.

Why do you spend so much time trying to convince others of your perceived truth (notice I did not call it faith)?
I understand why Christian's do, Jesus commanded them to do so. I cannot believe you really care about anyone here. Just seems you want to tear down faith. Do you consider yourself an anti-Christ? That is how you come across.

Not anti-christ but anti your form of religion and pro your following a better God.

It is my view that all literalists and fundamentals hurt all of us who are Religionists.
They all hurt their parent religions and everyone else who has a belief. They make us all into laughing stocks and should rethink their position. There is a Godhead but not the God of talking animals, genocidal floods and retribution. Belief in fantasy is evil.

www.youtube.com...

They also do much harm to their own.

African witches and Jesus
www.youtube.com...

Jesus Camp 1of 9
www.youtube.com...

Promoting death to Gays.
www.youtube.com...

For evil to grow my friends, all good people need do is nothing.
Fight them when you can. It is your duty to our fellow man.

--------------------------------
It was God's plan from the beginning to have Adam and Eve eat the forbidden fruit. This can be demonstrated by the fact that the bible says that Jesus "was crucified from the foundations of the Earth," that is to say, God planned to crucify Jesus as atonement for sin before he even created human beings or God damned sin.

If God had not intended humans to sin from the beginning, why did he build into the Creation this "solution" for sin? Why create a solution for a problem you do not anticipate?

God knew that the moment he said "don't eat from that tree," the die was cast. The eating was inevitable. Eve was merely following the plan.

This then begs the question.

What kind of God would plan and execute the murder of his own son when there was absolutely no need to?

Only an insane God. That’s who.

The cornerstone of Christianity is human sacrifice, thus showing it‘s immorality.

One of Christianity's highest form of immorality is what they have done to women.
They have denied them equality and subjugated them to men.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

No noble and gracious God would demand the sacrifice of a so called son just to prove it's benevolence.

You're applying human thoughts and knowledge to a being that is not human. Doesn't work too well holding him to your standards, because your standards do not matter to him. In the end it's his tune you will sing and dance to, not the other way around.

Isaiah 55:8-9

8“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord.
9 “For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts.

Do you know why you hate him so? Because he does not want you, and so he hardens your heart against him, just like all the others before you, and your end will be no different than theirs.

In the end your knee will bow and your tongue confess that he is the Lord, and it will happen wether or not you want it to, because thats the day you will be judged.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Originally posted by stupid girl

We can define it but have no use for fairy tales to be thought of as real.

Regards
DL

If you have no use for fairy tales, then why did you tell me the one about the invisible dragon?
It's only a fairy tale if you can't see the dragon.
In which I inferred that you cannot.

So who is believing in fairy tales?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

No noble and gracious God would demand the sacrifice of a so called son just to prove it's benevolence.

You're applying human thoughts and knowledge to a being that is not human. Doesn't work too well holding him to your standards, because your standards do not matter to him. In the end it's his tune you will sing and dance to, not the other way around.

Do you know why you hate him so? Because he does not want you, and so he hardens your heart against him, just like all the others before you, and your end will be no different than theirs.

In the end your knee will bow and your tongue confess that he is the Lord, and it will happen wether or not you want it to, because thats the day you will be judged.

I would never say that God does not want him and I wouldn't say God hardened his heart.
God is love and I would never believe he rejects us, it is man that rejects Him. He tells the story of the prodigal son to let us know that no matter what we do we can be forgiven. The OP thinks we are brainwashed and perhaps we feel that way about him. One thing we must remember is to love and pray for our enemies.

The Isaiah scripture passage is so relevant to the discussion here. I believe I have mentioned to the OP as well.

We are not to condemn anyone because the Isaiah scripture applies to us, too.

I really don't think he believes in the God we profess, but the question then is "Why does he hate us?"

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

We are not to condemn anyone because the Isaiah scripture applies to us, too

I'm not the one condemning him, his own actions condemned him.

Matthew 18:6-9

6 “Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to sin, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were drowned in the depth of the sea. 7 Woe to the world because of offenses! For offenses must come, but woe to that man by whom the offense comes!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I would never say that God does not want him and I wouldn't say God hardened his heart.
God is love and I would never believe he rejects us, it is man that rejects Him. He tells the story of the prodigal son to let us know that no matter what we do we can be forgiven. The OP thinks we are brainwashed and perhaps we feel that way about him. One thing we must remember is to love and pray for our enemies.

The Isaiah scripture passage is so relevant to the discussion here. I believe I have mentioned to the OP as well.

We are not to condemn anyone because the Isaiah scripture applies to us, too.

I really don't think he believes in the God we profess, but the question then is "Why does he hate us?"

True that.
Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the LORD is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him! (Isaiah 30:18)

Say to them, 'As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign LORD, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live. Turn! Turn from your evil ways! (Ezekiel 33:11)

who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. (1 Tim 2:4)

THE LORD JEHOVAH does not delay his promises as people consider delay, but he is patient for your sakes, and because he is not willing that any person would perish, but that every person would come to conversion.
(2 Peter 3:9)

I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men. (1 Tim 2:1)

Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time. (1 Tim 2:6)

For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world....(Titus 2:11,12)

For God so loved the World, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.(John 3:16)

And Jesus told us from the get-go we would be hated:

All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved. (Mark 13:13)

Church of Philadelphia, LoneWolf

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

Beautiful response, sweet girl. The Lord inspired you to share that for the benefit of all.
God is so good! Blessings to all who ponder the depth of God's love you shared in your post.
edit on 6/11/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

So we instruct the sinner, without condemning. "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Lovely meditation on this:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Matthew 18:6-9

6 “Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to sin, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were drowned in the depth of the sea. 7 Woe to the world because of offenses! For offenses must come, but woe to that man by whom the offense comes!

Is the OP "causing" you to sin or to strengthen your waning faith?

Even Mother Teresa had a failure of faith, and doubted God. In the end she followed her heart and did what she knew she had to do, with or without the promise of heaven.

"They are all children of God, loved and created by the same heart of God," she said.

But now, it has emerged that Mother Teresa was so doubtful of her own faith that she feared being a hypocrite, reports CBS News correspondent Mark Phillips.

In a new book that compiles letters she wrote to friends, superiors and confessors, her doubts are obvious.

Shortly after beginning work in Calcutta's slums, the spirit left Mother Teresa.

"Where is my faith?" she wrote. "Even deep down… there is nothing but emptiness and darkness... If there be God — please forgive me."

Eight years later, she was still looking to reclaim her lost faith.

"Such deep longing for God… Repulsed, empty, no faith, no love, no zeal," she said.

As her fame increased, her faith refused to return. Her smile, she said, was a mask.

"What do I labor for?" she asked in one letter. "If there be no God, there can be no soul. If there be no soul then, Jesus, You also are not true."
www.cbsnews.com...

If God failed to reveal himself to Mother Teresa, why should I believe you?
edit on 12-6-2012 by windword because: had

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

So to you, might makes right and your God will ignore man's free will.

Shove your theology and God of war.

Moral people have rejected him.

Regards
DL
edit on 12-6-2012 by Greatest I am because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Doesn't matter what we feel is right or wrong, He is God and we don't have a vote. It's an eternal kingdom not a democracy. He created everything He gets to make the rules, we forfeited that right in the garden.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
the bible is a code. so is the koran. so is all of them. all the ancient cultures.

they take the truth and they encode it in a story. we're in 2012 and ppl are still arguing this topic?

each country continent or culture will encode the story in it's own familiarization. some more accurate than others. some more embellished than others. some with parts cut out or altered to aid the established ruling bodies to control the masses.

7 chakras, 3rd eye, white light, enlightenment. google it!

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by 0mage

You're dancing with spirits who will in the end destroy you. Not all spirits are good.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by 0mage

You're dancing with spirits who will in the end destroy you. Not all spirits are good.

i see uve been sold on the fear of one's own potential. i just dont see why u have to go all insurance salesman about it tho

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by 0mage

So the apostle was just messing around when he warned to test the spirits? Just a clever joke?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by 0mage

So the apostle was just messing around when he warned to test the spirits? Just a clever joke?

out of context

the english language has many times dual aspects to comprehension. look again and see, that he said to Test the Spirits.

He never said not proceed in search of it. such is the entire goal of man as dictate by the bible no? to seek the kingdom of God and the anointing by the Holy Spirit??

when you find the spirit. test the spirit to ensure that it is benevolent before you share its teachings with the world. reading and comprehension my friend.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join