It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God to Jesus. I just condemned the human race. Now go die to save them.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

and to wonder what the cause might be that so many apparently sane and sober people share the same strange delusion.

You're assuming the delusion lies with those who see it, rather than those who do not.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

LOL.

Time for some schooling.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

nooooooo...........not another video!!

what's this one about?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I am praying for you.
edit on 6/7/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl

nooooooo...........not another video!!

what's this one about?

It is a univercity professor explaining the source of religious delusion.

Regards
DL

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

I am praying for you.
edit on 6/7/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

Jesus said that those who pray condemn themselves.
If you think on it, you will recognize why.

Regards
DL

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I do not believe the gospel of Thomas quote about Jesus saying those who pray condemn themselves. No, I refuse to search for answers that fly in the face of my beliefs. If so, he would not have taught the "Our Father" would he? I supposed you will tell me he never did that either, away I just want you to know you are loved and cared for and that's all.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Originally posted by newcovenant

Is that really what happened?
Maybe the human race condemned themselves.

I remember it was explained that the Creator could not figure why man kept sinning and why he couldn't seem to follow a few simple instructions? He was at wits end and about to destroy man - his creation - like a bad piece of artwork the artist decides he doesn't like - and doesn't want it laying around with HIS name on it.
Suddenly someone I forget who said that man was different from God in his inner being and someone said to God something like "If you were human you'd know how hard it is NOT to sin" then you would understand and God said OK. Let's see how hard it is. God came as Jesus just to see what it was like being a man instead of a God. Die to save them is sort of a misunderstanding. He came to save us. Died trying.

How can God make man without knowing all there is to know about man?
You just killed the omnimax bible God.

Regards
DL

God did not make man. He was made by a son and I didn't kill anyone.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
reply to post by newcovenant

We sin because we are relatively powerful and disproportionally irresponsible. The saying, "With great power comes great responsibility" is meaningless to us. So we pervert our superior staus by using it to control. God, who is also superior, is different than us because God gave us free will.

Being human is hard. It's hard to be superior and not use your power for evil.

It is if you believe who ever has the most toys, homes and a personal jet WINS.
God gave us rules. We took free will and perverted it. Christ is trying to get the earth plane (as opposed to a heavenly plane)... to go along with "the program." We were created but, we still have to use the back door (so to speak) since we could be but, are no where close to Gods, ourselves. Being in that state of grace starts with the rules as Christ re-stated in the NEW COVENANT and words in RED.

And this essentially entailed....It used to be cause and enterprise of a great many selfless and powerful people to assure justice prevails, oppose oppression, prevent starvation, poverty and deliver real peace and prosperity to your flock.

The good guy without a paycheck (Christ-like) has become an increasingly obsolete occupation. It never paid much but such a poor working mans hero at least got valued, respect and prestige. The guy who fights for the underdog and the unfortunate used to be given a ticker tape parade while now, in modern times - he's called a sucker and kind of labeled a stooge.

He is not respected and if you watch television closely you will see a movement to reward lies and criminality and denigrate honesty, compassion and virtue.

Today...people who are respected are the compassionless, the ruthless and the sharks.
Case in point? YOU'RE FIRED!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I do not believe the gospel of Thomas quote about Jesus saying those who pray condemn themselves. No, I refuse to search for answers that fly in the face of my beliefs. If so, he would not have taught the "Our Father" would he? I supposed you will tell me he never did that either, away I just want you to know you are loved and cared for and that's all.

What exactly are you doing when you pray?
You are being self-centered.
That is why you condemn yourself.

Regards
DL

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

God to Jesus. I just condemned the human race. Now go die to save them.

As Jesus taught, God is within all of us as we are all within God.

The Man who was condemned to die was the old idea of man as an entity separate from God. What was resurrected was a new idea of what it is to be man, a being intimately connected to the whole by spirit.

The flesh perished, but not the spirit. In spirit we are all one.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I do not believe the gospel of Thomas quote about Jesus saying those who pray condemn themselves. No, I refuse to search for answers that fly in the face of my beliefs. If so, he would not have taught the "Our Father" would he?

As Jesus taught in the Lord's Prayer, you are not praying for yourself but giving thanks for what you have already received, asking forgiveness if you have forgiven all others yourself, and acknowledging that it is God's will be done, not your own.

To pray for yourself is to ask God set aside his will for your own. Pray that God's will be done trusting that he will give you what is best for you.

Be mindful also that the Lord's prayer is just a simple example and not to be made a ritual used by wrote memorization as the Romans do.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

gag.
I'd really rather not listen to some pompous A-hole pontificate on why he thinks he's smarter than God.
The drivel of pretentious literates on topics they know nothing of, tends to grate on my nerves.

Those are the types that go running back to their Mama's titty when confronted with something they don't understand or can't explain.

If you still feel the need to educate me with your vast repository of knowledge and understanding, please don't include these fellas in the process.
edit on 9-6-2012 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
This from someone ready to believe in her sky daddy through prayer to serve herself.

Pathetic.

Regards
DL

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

This from someone ready to believe in her sky daddy through prayer to serve herself.

Pathetic.

Regards
DL

LOL....whatever makes you feel smarter.

If that makes me pathetic, then I embrace your contemptuous pity in all humbleness, but with balls of steel.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Regards
DL

When I pray I am talking to my beloved spouse of my soul.

When I pray I am sharing my thoughts, words, and deeds with the Lord. I put out the welcome mat for Him along time ago. I don't think to myself, He knows the secrets of my heart.. He created me. I ask Him for guidance when I don't what to do. I come to Him when I am weary and burdened and He refreshes and restores me. He is my invisible partner and when I am at my best I recognize Him in the eyes and faces of others. I have a bouquet of lovely friends he picked for me.

Self-centered because I give Him all the time I have and He is the love of my life? No, I call that God-centered.

Do you see me as condemned because sometimes I am weak and have worries that I take to Him? He knows the nature of the cares in my heart. He made me.Above all I am in love with God. People would be much happier to love Him more than they love their beliefs about Him.

He wants you to know He loves you. When any of us belittle others we offend God. I'm talking you and I'm talking me, too.

edit on 6/10/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: Capitalization

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

The "Our Father" was how he chose to teach the disciples, it was just an example of how to pray, he didn't intend for us to go repeating him verbatim everytime just like that or it's his prayer and not ours.

It was an example of how to show proper reverence to YHWH when we pray, of putting him before ourselves when we come to him in prayer.

The gospel of Thomas is a gnostic text and Irenaeus did well to condemn it. Yeshua being nailed to the cross and then laughing at himelf, the very idea is ludicrous. Gnostics deny the human side of our Elohim.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I did not realize I made the statement about not searching for answers that fly in the face of my beliefs. That needs a little clarification, I think. I have spent many years looking at other faiths and when I say "I believe in God, the Father, the Almighty, the Creator of Heaven and Earth." I am saying I looked at what is out their and found all other beliefs lacking the truth of Christianity and I choose the Trinitarian belief. It is not blind faith, but chosen faith.

edit on 6/10/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Regards
DL

When I pray I am talking to my beloved spouse of my soul.

When I pray I am sharing my thoughts, words, and deeds with the Lord. I put out the welcome mat for Him along time ago. I don't think to myself, He knows the secrets of my heart.. He created me. I ask Him for guidance when I don't what to do. I come to Him when I am weary and burdened and He refreshes and restores me. He is my invisible partner and when I am at my best I recognize Him in the eyes and faces of others. I have a bouquet of lovely friends he picked for me.

Self-centered because I give Him all the time I have and He is the love of my life? No, I call that God-centered.

Do you see me as condemned because sometimes I am weak and have worries that I take to Him? He knows the nature of the cares in my heart. He made me.Above all I am in love with God. People would be much happier to love Him more than they love their beliefs about Him.

He wants you to know He loves you. When any of us belittle others we offend God. I'm talking you and I'm talking me, too.

edit on 6/10/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: Capitalization

Thanks for proving my point by showing your self-centered gain by prayer.

Regards
DL

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

The "Our Father" was how he chose to teach the disciples, it was just an example of how to pray, he didn't intend for us to go repeating him verbatim everytime just like that or it's his prayer and not ours.

It was an example of how to show proper reverence to YHWH when we pray, of putting him before ourselves when we come to him in prayer.

The gospel of Thomas is a gnostic text and Irenaeus did well to condemn it. Yeshua being nailed to the cross and then laughing at himelf, the very idea is ludicrous. Gnostics deny the human side of our Elohim.

Gnostics embrace the human side of God as they believe in the God within. It is the divinity and miracle working side of Jesus that they do not believe in. Jesus is a good man and Rabbi but to tie him to the miracle working genocidal son murdering God is to insult his good name.

Thomas Paine, in Age of Reason, wrote:
If I owe a person money, and cannot pay him, and he threatens to put me in prison, another person can take the debt upon himself, and pay it for me. But if I have committed a crime, every circumstance of the case is changed. Moral justice cannot take the innocent for the guilty even if the innocent would offer itself. To suppose justice to do this, is to destroy the principle of its existence, which is the thing itself. It is then no longer justice. It is indiscriminate revenge.

This single reflection will show that the doctrine of redemption is founded on a mere pecuniary idea corresponding to that of a debt which another person might pay; and as this pecuniary idea corresponds again with the system of second redemptions, obtained through the means of money given to the church for pardons, the probability is that the same persons fabricated both the one and the other of those theories; and that, in truth, there is no such thing as redemption; that it is fabulous; and that man stands in the same relative condition with his Maker he ever did stand, since man existed; and that it is his greatest consolation to think so.
Emphasis mine.

So not only is the killing of an innocent man immoral, but it shows that the redemption allegory being used is that of a financial debt. Which is an interesting parallel to the practice of purchasing 'pardons'.

[It is] not good that the man should be alone ; I will make him an help meet for him. (Gen. 2:18) KJV Story book

Free will to me is the ability to make a choice without coercion.
A choice made while under coercion, (especially under threat of pain and suffering), is not a freely made choice, ergo it is not free will. In fact there is a name for it; it's called extortion and it is a criminal offense precisely for the reason that it is not a free choice but a forced one.

"Extortion (also called shakedown, outwresting, and exaction) is a criminal offence which occurs when a person unlawfully obtains either money, property or services from a person(s), entity, or institution, through coercion. Refraining from doing harm is sometimes euphemistically called protection. Extortion is commonly practiced by organized crime groups. The actual obtainment of money or property is not required to commit the offense. Making a threat of violence which refers to a requirement of a payment of money or property to halt future violence is sufficient to commit the offense." Wikipedia

"Test all things"
1 Thessalonians. 5:21

No noble and gracious God would demand the sacrifice of a so called son just to prove it's benevolence.

Regards
DL

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join