It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth is Clear

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by intjus01
Every religion teaches that ultimately we are spiritual beings. We are gods. We have the ability to create and destroy.

"Every" religion? In most of the 'real' Christian religions, for an adherent to teach or even claim they are a 'god' is heresy.

I don't know any of the mainstream religions that teach the 'obvious', that we can create or destroy.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
One thing I question is the misinterpretation among religions about the validity and different dogmas surrounding god. What if hypothetically, during the time of the tower of babel, which I must say can be seen in various different religious texts, but with different context. Mention the existence of the tower similiary but differently according to individual scripture and culture.

The reason I bring this up is because this may or may not help in our understanding as to what happened, and why religions teach different ways. What if at one time as according to the story of the tower of babel, we indeed all spoke one tongue, and quite possibly knew of god and it's existence one and the same with like mindedness.

Seeing that some religions point to the tower and it's existence is possible that after the confusion and separation of tongues that humans took what they knew of god and developed it into their own languages and culture, but ultimately point to a single source which has been misplaced through the event.

This is the biblical account of the tower according to it's teachings, it's the one I am most familiar with. Other accounts in different beliefs can be found as well at the source below.

Source

According to the biblical account, a united humanity of the generations following the Great Flood, speaking a single language and migrating from the east, came to the land of Shinar, where they resolved to build a city with a tower "with its top in the heavens...lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the Earth." God came down to see what they did and said: "They are one people and have one language, and nothing will be withholden from them which they purpose to do." So God said, "Come, let us go down and confound their speech." And so God scattered them upon the face of the Earth, and confused their languages, and they left off building the city, which was called Babel "because God there confounded the language of all the Earth."

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Something I wish more people truly understood. Be concerned with what you find with in your own heart. It truly is the only thing that matters.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
we can not reason with the unreasonable, there are no gods, we are just clever monkeys

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
cant you all see?...the only reason they have religion is to keep people separated...sure all the messages are the same...but they keep people separated...what is easier to control?...a few million people just following a certain religion...or all 7 billion of us...think about it...its all planned and has been for thousands of years

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by intjus01

You said it yourself: we are gods. We can create; we can destroy. What makes the difference is our choice. We underestimate ourselves by attempting to put complete faith in a supposed supreme being.

Now, the problem with religion is "My god is better than your god" and "If you do not worship god you'll be screwed in hell." Religion was created to keep us divided and under control. Religion uses fear to keep us subdued. History is proof of that. Is there a God who has created us and the universe we live in? I don't know. But God as described in religious scriptures? There's a high probability He does not exist. And if such a God (as described by religion) exists, he is definitely not worthy of worship.

I personally do not believe in a supreme being. But I do feel that a universal consciousness exists; infinite and wondrous. It's kind of hard to describe in words actually.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Hey, I agree. Most of the basis of all religions are the same. People seem to make it look like god is with them on their ventures and say others views of god are wrong. Many of war was fought in the name of god but in essence this may have been gods plan. War keeps this super predator from destroying all other life forms. Trouble is our new weapons destroy nature like nothing before.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

the basic, core teachings are so similar?

Religions become law books. The key concepts are "Have a good time and don't hurt anyone". Religion then goes on to tell you how to have a good time and when to hurt someone. It tells you who to think about to keep your mind off of sex and get into the long hoped for afterlife club. For FSM's sake, have a good time and don't hurt anyone.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by eletheia
There is something else that has come down from the first recorded history which puzzles me and it is the subjugation of women.

Men are bigger. Believe me, if women were bigger, men would have been the ones under control

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
People seem to make it look like god is with them on their ventures and say others views of god are wrong. Many of war was fought in the name of god

My imaginary friend can beat up your imaginary friend.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I've read the christian bible a few times in my life, but I know nothing of Islam. Isn't Islam based on Mohammed, and wasn't he quite the warring fellow when he was alive? I thought he inspired the idea of killing everyone that wasn't of that faith? I'm asking because I do not feel like reading the qu'ran or whatever the hell they call it.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by gentledissident

I have many imaginary friends so your imaginary friend won't even try. One of my imaginary friends is friends with your imaginary friend. He says he'll have your imaginary friend talk to you and try to explain some things. Once they start talking they never shut up

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam

Every religion teaches that ultimately we are spiritual beings. We are gods. We have the ability to create and destroy.

"Every" religion? In most of the 'real' Christian religions, for an adherent to teach or even claim they are a 'god' is heresy.

I don't know any of the mainstream religions that teach the 'obvious', that we can create or destroy.

Most "Christian" religions tend to ignore the good parts

Psalm 82

1 God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.

2 How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked? Selah.

3 Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy.

4 Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked.

5 They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.

6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

7 But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.

8 Arise, O God, judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations

edit on 2-6-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
3 Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy.

4 Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked.

Yea, helping others have a good time is also brought up. How about rather than draw straws to see who's going to rescue victims of capitalism, we figure out a way to make us all comfortable. Heck, if we all worked together, we might even have some extra free time for feeling exceptionally good.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by PeaceNLove123

You said it yourself: we are gods. We can create; we can destroy. What makes the difference is our choice. We underestimate ourselves by attempting to put complete faith in a supposed supreme being.

A bird can create a nest, a bird can destroy a nest, does that make it a god?

I think the definition of what a God is, is important in a thread like this.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
I think the definition of what a God is, is important in a thread like this.

If we can't explain it, then God did it. God also runs the Afterlife Club. You have to kiss up to the club owner if you want in.

People who change your life for the better must be in communication with this God, because you're sure that person needed to be guided to do that for you and that person as well.

God is a way to rationalize the death of a loved one. "He fell into that branch shredder because God needed some help in heaven from him. It's also an important safety lesson that God has taught us."

God is used to explain the sympathetic nervous system. "I wasn't crushed completely by the ice cream truck because God needs me down here for some yet unforeseen purpose."
edit on 2-6-2012 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Psalm 82:6
It was a reference to magistrates/judges.
Read it in context.

Study long - Study Strong's
-------------------------------------------------------------------
www.biblestudytools.com...

'elohiym

Definition

(plural) rulers, judges
divine ones
angels
gods

(plural intensive - singular meaning) god, goddess
godlike one
works or special possessions of God
the (true) God
God

is the plural of:

'elowahh

Definition

God
false god

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Says your church...

Good luck with that

Shall we call the people you speak of.... Gods?

Are you so blind that you can not see... That is one of the problems with this world?

edit on 2-6-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Ad hominem attacks when presented with the original SOURCE Hebrew word (Old Testament was written in Hebrew).

I'm locking up the troll food. Good night.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam
reply to post by Akragon

Psalm 82:6
It was a reference to magistrates/judges.
Read it in context.

Study long - Study Strong's

'elohiym

Definition

(plural) rulers, judges
divine ones
angels
gods

(plural intensive - singular meaning) god, goddess
godlike one
works or special possessions of God
the (true) God
God

is the plural of:

'elowahh

Definition

God
false god

Trexter, I applaud and appreciate your attempt at clarification (sincerely), but here's the problem: when Jesus was accused of blasphemy by the religious leaders (John 10:34-36), He responded by quoting that very same verse, and He certainly did not mean magistrates or judges. Otherwise, He would be referring to Himself as the Son of Magistrates or Judges. He threw the accusations of blasphemy (for claiming to be the Son of God) right back in their faces by quoting the original from Psalms.

Here is the full statement: Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?"

Putting the meaning you provided into the context of His statement makes no sense whatsoever.
edit on 3-6-2012 by The Stache because: Punctuation

edit on 3-6-2012 by The Stache because: Added text

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join