It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone decided recently to vote for Bush?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Bush is Treasonous, He has SOLD every piece of legislation to the High bidding American Corporations, Many of whom are going expatriot and using a PO Box in the Bahamas or Cayman Islands to Evade taxes.

He allowed the Tobacco companies to eviscerate the money laundering provisions of the original so called 'PATRIOT ACT'. Bush is NO patriot. He is a pure mercenary.

He sold the so called 'PRESCRIPTION DRUG BILL' to the big pharmaceutical companies. Denying freemarket purchase of drugs from Canada, Outlawing collective bargainning to save the Federal government and taxpayers probably billions of dollars. These are the same Drug companies that TAKE the research funded by the US government/ US taxpayer and patent the results for BILLIONS of DOLLARS of profits each year.

The tax cuts he passed shifted the burden of taxes to the lower and middle class, and more significantly to the children and grandchildren of America.
Bush is a CREDIT CARD REPUBLICAN.
What happened to fiscal responsibility? The democrats have done an infinitely better job on that.
Bush has lost more jobs than ANY president since Herbert Hoover.

Bush is creating terrorists in Iraq and has provided a safe haven for other terrorists to move in there. We, our children and grand children are going to have to deal with the Terrorists he is creating. Part of the reason for this is the fact that he tried to have 'War on the Cheap'. He was too busy getting NO-BID contracts for Haliburton and Bechtel and couldn't be bothered to see the deteriorating situation on the ground in Iraq and what could be done about it.
He has done virtually NOTHING to round up nuclear matterials around the world.

Bush creates terrorists. He leaves nuclear materials available for them.
These are acts of Treason. Any one supporing him supports Treason.

I was born in this country. I love it and it's ideals. To see wreckless fools run it into the ground this way is just wrong.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I think the thread was �has anyone decided to vote for bush��.it wasn�t �do any lying Kool-Aid slamming supporters of Kerry want to trot out the same tired lies they have been spewing for a while now�. I�ve heard all of the �saloth sar� wanna be, very hypocritical partisan spewing of lies in support of Kerry already�..you can�t read a single thread here without reading one outright distortions after another followed by purely false accusations leveled time and again, I�ve read them all and most of them took about 15 seconds of thought and show it..�I was looking more to hear from people not waiting for a space ship following the next comet that happens by�but thanks for the retread anyhow.

I also didn�t ask kerry supporters to admit anything I was just looking for some of the reasons for support�that�s all.

Originally posted by oppodeldoc
��������. but you should at least admit that you're voting for a disingenuous f*ckup.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Lie to yourself Keholmes if you choose. Supporting Bush is an act of Treason.

He deserted in Alabama and he deserted the American nation and it's people the day he took office.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by slank

You should learn how to read putz then maybe you could find out what the meaning of the word treason. But, that's alright you don't have to know how to read to know when the next comet is do ya.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   

trea�son ( P ) Pronunciation Key (trzn)
n.
1. Violation of allegiance toward one's country or sovereign, especially the betrayal of one's country by waging war against it or by consciously and purposely acting to aid its enemies. As in terrorists
2. A betrayal of trust or confidence. I have listed some prior and can add many more if anyone so desires.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by keholmes Kool-Aid slamming

So now just using the word "Kool-Aid" is synonymous with being a Jim Jones-esque follower of somebody? When did this get started? Its not even descriptive. You should have used "poisoned Kool-Aid" or the more accurate word Flavor-Aid which was the actual product that was used at that decades old suicidal gathering. Its such an old reference that only people over 20 will even get it at this point.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by drbryankkruta

Originally posted by para
I haven�t recently decided to vote for Bush, but more or less just stayed the course. Kerry does not come across to me as the type of person who can lead our country.

me either I know I nominate arnold swartzenager hell if ronald reagan can act and be president why not

maybe because hes austrian? or is the american upper class going to take the one part out of the constitution which actually benefits them (in this case MUTUALLY BENEFICIAL with the rest of americans).

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I didn't catch your kool-aide reference. I am old enough to remember Jim Jones.
Most democrats, libertarians and independents are not blind followers of a leader as many Bush supporters are.

Rumsfeld, says there is no credible evidence of a link between Saddam and Al-qaeda. Rumsfeld says there are no WMDs.

If you want to follow the Whitehouse OIL DEAD-ENDERS, you may, the accounting of you by future generations is out of my hands.

Dead Ends are clear concise and definitive. If that is what you like you can vote for Bush. I live and was born in this country and you will be held accountable.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
i WAS going to vote for shrub but i saw the debate on thursday and kerry kicked shrubs ass. im regestering independent next time

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
How could one even think of voting for Bush after the first debate? It was like watching a deer in headlights!

Not saying that means one should vote for Kerry, or anyone else....but Bush??? We've had this dimwit represent our nation to the world for 4 years. In those 4 years, we've gone from being the most respected and feared nation in the world, to being the most hated and reviled. That, more than anything, is the legacy of his administration...and yet there are those who'd want to see this legacy continue, and to grow even more severe? Amazing....that's all I can really say...
Kerry, Badnarik, Nader, hell Captain Morgan....anybody but Bush....

BTW - He DID mislead the nation (and the world) with lies. (if you don't believe that, the simple question of "Where are the WMDs?" should convince you), and he is from a family of criminals (the Bushes have a long history of business dealings with our enemies, since the Nazi era right up to the Saudi royals)....
Not to mention we have a sitting "war president" who himself went AWOL from the military!

Not that Kerry's an angel, not by any stretch of the imagination....

[edit on 5-10-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
So now just using the word "Kool-Aid" is synonymous with being a Jim Jones-esque follower of somebody? ����

Actually, I was not trying to tie to a singular historic event. And if I was trying for a jim jones-esque link I would have just called them jonesian or something of that nature. It was more of a collective type link to cultists in general�there have been at least three such incidents of flavored drink trips that I can think of and one of them is fairly recent, 1994 I believe something about a comet�haley? However it�s funny that you and others caught the reference fairly easily but think it wasn�t an effective reference?? Also explaining it in full gory and excruciating detail would just kind of defeat the whole purpose. And the fact that it went over the head and under the knees was kind of the point.

I didn't catch your kool-aide reference. I am old enough to remember Jim Jones.
Most democrats, libertarians and independents are not blind followers of a leader as many Bush supporters are.

At least you have a sense of humor....i think?
scratch the first and you might just have a point.

Originally posted by Gazrok
...........in those 4 years, we've gone from being the most respected and feared nation in the world, to being the most hated and reviled. .....................

BTW - He DID mislead the nation (and the world) with lies. (if you don't believe that, the simple question of "Where are the WMDs?" .................... Not to mention we have a sitting "war president" who himself went AWOL from the military!

g are you, by any chance 4 years old? Actually if you want to split hairs the world misled bush, so if you want to hang that on anyone, you can blame the UN. Any proof of the last�..oops, forgot forged documents trump the truth�sorry point taken.

[edit on 5-10-2004 by keholmes]

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by keholmes
Actually, I was not trying to tie to a singular historic event. And if I was trying for a jim jones-esque link I would have just called them jonesian or something of that nature. It was more of a collective type link to cultists in general�there have been at least three such incidents of flavored drink trips that I can think of and one of them is fairly recent, 1994 I believe something about a comet�haley? However it�s funny that you and others caught the reference fairly easily but think it wasn�t an effective reference?? Also explaining it in full gory and excruciating detail would just kind of defeat the whole purpose. And the fact that it went over the head and under the knees was kind of the point.

I noticed the remark due to its obscurity which required me to think about what the heck you were typing about.

The other cult suicide you are referring to took place in 1997. The Heaven's Gate cult used vodka. Not Kool-Aid. The comet was called Hale-Bopp.

[edit on 6-10-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 02:48 AM
link   
KEholmes

The comet you are reffering to is Hale-Bop or something like thats... halleys comet was last around in 86 and wont be here for another 70 (?) years from then...
Just FYI

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
If that's how you feel? So why continue the Libertarian front?

I�m wondering if anyone has been swayed by recent events to vote for bush? If you will now vote different I�d be interested to see the reasons why. I�ve been swaying in the direction of Bush recently myself, largely because of my involvement with ATS and reading the posts of supporters of Kerry here. Quite frankly most of the supporters of kerry here are fairly scary. You ask why they support Kerry and the answer is generally some drivel about how bush mislead the nation or lies�and he comes from a family of criminals or some other equally made up reason, most however don�t have much to do with reality and quite often are positions both candidates have shared or currently share. However, when I reflect later, I generally return to my core; but, I�ve noticed that each time I�m a little closer than I was before.

I see your signature comments from A 20 something John Kerry that have been used as GOP talking points. I see the posts being very skewed, so....go ahead & declare already!

Truelies - is Mr.Holmes representative of the Lib team.....GOP-lite? And is he your husband?

Bout Time, you hit the nail on the head , so Grady,...... why do you continue the Libertarian front? Why claim to be something you apparently are not,......... Libertarian, indeed

I'm not ashamed to be a Democrat,..... matter of fact I'm very proud to be a Democrat, a strong Democrat at that.

So why are you ashamed to be a Republican,....... thats what you are,... hiding behind a Libertarian front, ALL your "posts" point to you being a Republican, everything you "post" speaks volumes in Republican bushsh*t ,
So, why are you trying to play at something your not ????????????

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by nanna_of_6
Bout Time, you hit the nail on the head , so Grady,...... why do you continue the Libertarian front? Why claim to be something you apparently are not,......... Libertarian, indeed

I think it�s keholmes�
He and Grady have similar av�s so it�s understandable, unless I missed something and it is Grady.

I think most of us could argue our political viewpoints ad nauseum and not change each other�s minds. We all have access to the same facts and what it comes down to is whose decision we will be the happiest with. Given the same information, some people will say we should go to war, and others won�t. It�s a judgment call, and it boils down to whose judgment best reflects yours.

The advantage Bush has over Kerry is that we know what he will do in office. Like it or not, you have a pretty good idea of what he�s done and will do. All we have for Kerry is his record from the senate. While this is probably representative of what he will do, it�s not the same thing as being in the hot seat making decisions.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 03:52 AM
link   

You should learn how to read putz then maybe you could find out what the meaning of the word treason. But, that's alright you don't have to know how to read to know when the next comet is do ya.

I would say that this "First" paragraph FITS Bush and His Administration perfectly.

Ok, Bush was supposively given the wrong information about Iraq/Saddam and the WMDs, or so he claims, ......... so lets say that this is true for non-arguement sake. BUT, Resident Bush is in "charge", LMAO, he is uummmm, "commander and chief", Sssooooooo, this MAKES Bush RESPONSIBLE for the information and HE should have checked the information to make it Factual and truthful and complete,......... BEFORE HE RUSHED TO WAR AGAINST IRAQ.

So sence the information WAS A LIE, that means BUSH LIED because BUSH was and IS in charge.
It's not right for the man to lay claim to everything that has happened for the "good" ( in his eyes), with out also taking "claim" for all the BAD too.

Bush let the "drug-lords", etc.,....... the same ones ( were our enemies) that were fighting US, take over the job of hunting "Bin Laden" for us, and I would guess that these "Drug Lords" are getting something out of it from our Gov't.,

So there is Treason on Bush & Co's., part,....... right there.

Treason: Meaning (information, definition, explanation, facts)
In law, treason is the crime of disloyalty to one's nation. A person who reneges on an oath of loyalty or a pledge of allegiance, and in some way willfully cooperates with an enemy, is considered to be a traitor.

Oran's Dictionary of the Law (1983) defines treason as: "...[a]...citizen's actions to help a foreign government overthrow, make war against, or seriously injure the [parent nation]." The state of Florida's constitution defines treason as: "[Treason is] levying war against [the state], adhering to its enemies, or giving them aid and comfort..."

The English Statute of Treasons (1350) distinguished high treason from petty treason. Petty treason was the murder of one's lawful superior, such as when a wife killed her husband, or a servant his master. High treason covered acts that constituted a serious threat to the stability or continuity of the state, including attempts to kill the king, to counterfeit coins or to wage war against the kingdom. An 18th century law defines four basic types of high treason:

When a man doth compass or imagine the death of our lord the king, of our lady his queen, or of their eldest son and heir
If a man do violate the king's companion, or the king's eldest daughter unmarried, or the wife of the king's eldest son and heir
If a man do levy war against our lord the king in his realm
If a man be adherent to the king's enemies in his realm, giving to them aid and comfort in the realm, or elsewhere.
The punishment for treason was often extended and was an especially cruel death (treason was still theoretically punishable by death in Britain until 1998). The law was used in England to suppress any resistance to government policy and it was not reformed until the 19th century.

To avoid the abuses of the English law, treason was specifically defined in the United States Constitution. Article Three defines treason as only levying war against the United States or giving aid and comfort to its enemies, and requires the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act or a confession in open court for conviction. In the United States Code the penalty ranges from "shall suffer death" to "shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States."

In the United States, the accusation of treason has at times been levelled at those who dissented against the government's foreign policy, especially during military actions. However, actual prosecutions have been very rare, and even very well known spies have generally been convicted of espionage rather than treason.

In the history of the United States there have been fewer than 40 federal prosecutions for treason and even fewer convictions. Several men were convicted of treason in connection with the 1794 Whiskey Rebellion but were pardoned by George Washington. The most famous treason trial, that of Aaron Burr in 1807, resulted in acquittal. Politically motivated attempts to convict opponents of the Jeffersonian Embargo Acts and the Fugitive Slave Law of 1850 all failed. Significantly, after the American Civil War, no person involved with the Confederate States of America was charged with treason, and only one major Confederate official, the commandant of the Andersonville prison who was charged with war crimes, was charged with anything at all.

In the 20th century, treason has become largely a wartime phenomenon, and the treason cases of World Wars One and Two were of minor significance. Most states have provisions in their constitutions or statutes similar to those in the U.S. Constitution. There have been only two successful prosecutions for treason on the state level, that of Thomas Dorr in Rhode Island and that of John Brown in Virginia.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
i WAS going to vote for shrub but i saw the debate on thursday and kerry kicked shrubs ass. im regestering independent next time

You do know that you can vote for Kerry, if you like, even if your registered as a Republican

I KNOW,...... Kerry did a Wonderful job making shrub look as small as the man really is and as stupid too.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Heelstone,

Exactly my point�.vodka�.Kool-Aid�..I�ve found that even those who can�t specifically recall any of the individual events kind of get it.

Para,

I think that she somehow thinks that is a putdown�.although I�m not sure why. Actually I find it kind of funny. Especially if they had any idea at all about my mood.

Nan,

I only have one thing to say�..if all the information given to him was wrong�.how do you propose he check the information��duh? And as a nanna I can�t believe that you don�t actually know what a lie is�.wait, I�ve seen your posts before, so I�ll give you a hint. Lie intent not content.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join