It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there anyone else out there losing time? (like maybe a couple of hours)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Okay same thing has been happening to me, A few weeks ago I was under a lot of stress at work so my wife suggested i try meditation to relax myself before going to sleep, its very hard the first time but after a few days i could control my heart rate, calming me down enough to sleep well. Then last week i found myself in an argument with a coworker at 10h15 i turned around and went to my office to calm myself. I was typing this letter to a client (three paragraphs at most) checked the time 10h25. I went for a smoke and tried to slow my heart again (on average it takes 7min to smoke a cig) when i walked back to my office i noticed clock now reading 11h03, stranger still no one else noticed i was gone that long. How do 40 minutes pass in the time it takes to smoke 1 sig without anyone but me noticing it. O yeah the letter i typed was printed and lay on my desk, I dont remember loading paper in the printer.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
George ure on urban survival has cataloging similar events for the last few years.

urbansurvival

check out the Wujo sections - not sure how far back you'll be able to go without a subscription.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Q2IN2Y

yes, I have to agree with you. Right now it's so subtle that I think people are chalking it up to "must be me" thing, you know what I mean? But moving forward I think we may very well be moving into a new diminsion or something, maybe even some sort of a time warp to get us to the next level of existance. But something, for sure, is up.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by johnb

Thanks, I;ll check it out.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonspit

No it is the same thing. It's got me second guessing myself a lot! But that is exactly what I'm talking about. Little subtle things that make you go huh?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Sumerian210kbc

Another friend of mine had the same experience, except she wasn't smoking. She had left for lunch and ran into a guy she works with on her way out. When she returned (hours later) no body said anything about the time lapse. And the guy she ran into was never at work that day. He'd taken the day off for a dental apt. But she had a full on conversation with the guy as they were walking out of the building together and went their seperate ways to their own cars.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angelicdefender2012
reply to post by DocHolidaze

What do you mean a "blue line"? This was recent yes?

like when i looked down at the ground a blue line would swim by me almost resembeling a fast moving fish this happend about 10 years ago but i still see the line to this day just not as often

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

I know right? Seems like a few days ago it was New Years, and now it's June! I don't know if it's just where I've been busy, moving from Florida to Kentucky and back...but this is just ridiculous!

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I have to agree with everybody , because my perception of time has totally changed and everything seems so speeded up .
My partner often uses the term " I don't know where today has gone ".
It seems such a short while since Christmas and before we know it , we'll be doing it all again .

Nice topic , OP

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Me and my wife and two kids had to go to the DMV so that I could renew my license and we experienced lost time. After I got done at the DMV, we were leaving there and coming straight home. We've been to this little town many, many times as it is not far from our town. As we left and got on the highway for about five minutes, it was like we were in a trance. I remember feeling weird and I looked over at my wife and she was leaning forward, staring out the windsheild. I've never seen her do that. We never talked or anything during this. Our two kids were sleeping in the back seat in their car seats.

All of a sudden, I saw a bush beside the highway and I said that we needed to return and dig it up and put it at our house because it's a pretty bush and we'd been looking for some for a while. Anyways, as I said that, it was like she snapped out of it and started looking around. She asked where we were and I said I didn't know. As we came down the road about a half mile, it was apparent where we were. We were at the capitol of my state! She said how are we here! I said I have no idea!! We could not believe it.

From where we left, it takes about an hour to get to the capitol. There is no way we drove for more than fifteen minutes. We pulled over the side of the road and tried to figure out what had happened. We sat there and went over our whole trip for like 30 minutes but could not explain what had happened. We had to drive all that way back home, puzzled, trying to logically explain this but we have never been able to. I think it was a time slip or something.

There is no way we just missed our exit and kept going and we both just didn't not pay attention and zoom on down to the capitol. We're very observant people. I guess we were in.....The Twilight Zone.
edit on 5-6-2012 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I believe that time is heading into a new age. From my research, I have come to the conclusion that time is a spiral moving object that speeds up each time it makes a complete, or nearly complete, circular motion. This however, can not be proven because you can only measure the relationship of time of time itself.

Do you understand what I mean? Logically, we can only understand time for what we believe it to be. Something unchangeable.

Humans do not, nor ever will, have the power to measure outside of time. We are trapped inside of time permanently, so that when ever we try and record time - everything seems perfectly normal. However, the subconscious is fully aware of what is happening. That is why we feel like time is speeding up without any real facts.

Here is a photo to help explain my theory:

i46.tinypic.com...

-As you can see from the photo. I believe time is going to slow down a LOT once we enter the new age.

edit on 6-6-2012 by Auburn2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-6-2012 by Auburn2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I've been experiencing similair thing's myself. for me it's being going on since 2010 but I really noticed it ramping up on the date that herald kamping guy predicted oddly enough. it felt like I was already in heaven or the garden of paradise or eden when i whent in the woods that day, everything was all new and magical. which was wierd to say it felt like we were already in heaven becuase I was going through a bad period . I'm not sure if CERN is messing with time or what, but it's funny someone would mention 1999 becuase I kept getting really strong impresion's of that year, like I was repeating it. not just becuase of the whole end of the world 1999/2012 thing either, I was running into all the people I used to hang out with in that year and my favourite bands were putting out new albums just like in that year after not putting out new ones for what seemed like forever, just a giant repeat episode. like maybe we as whole were getting so off track that the gov or CERN or whatever was making sure we'd repeat some mistakes until we all fix them or get them right. as a side note here is a link that discribes how certain fallenangel's/demons/aliens have manipulated timelines and perception of time in the past.
it's VERY interesting and pertent to this subject even if you dont blieve in the bible it speaks about physics.
paradoxbrown.com... perception-manipulation.htm/
and another article
paradoxbrown.com... htm/

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
I don't know about losing time but to be honest this year is going by way too fast, like seriously I know time tends to move faster as you get older but this year feels as if it's passing by at warp speed.

I second that, its June already?! Honestly, these days, time is flying, and no its not a cliche, it literally feels like the definition of an hour should be changed to 10 minutes, because I'm honestly flabbergasted at the time warp I've experienced this year.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I'm a skeptic, I admit. But I just have to believe these are simply cases of losing track of time, to the extreme. I'm not dismissing the possibility of anything crazy here, however the mind can do some crazy things.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I would dismiss most or all of us as old farts but little children are saying this, too, about the time passing too quickly. When I was a kid, all of us kids felt time dragged, even when we were doing something we enjoyed, I remember feeling I had time to savor it. A thirty minute recess was more than sufficient for us to play our make believe story lines or get in a good game of kickball or tag. Now the kids are just finishing up setting up the story they want to act out or choosing teams and boom, the half hour is gone. They certainly aren't doing anything different than my friends and I did. They are not wasting time arguing or anything like that.

I do not understand it. Isn't a half hour now still a half hour like it was in 1976? If I could get a certain number of actions completed within thirty minutes in 1976 why can't kids now do the same, when they seem to me to be moving at a good clip just like I did. It makes no freaking sense to me. And the kids know and say something is off, themselves. These are seven and eight year olds I'm watching. Seven and eight year olds have not been on the planet long enough to know what's "off" and what's "normal" but I've got these kids telling me time is going too fast even for them and time feels like it's racing and not right. Even when she's stuck doing something she hates, my daughter will say "wow, that was over faster than I expected.".

I wonder if our present day exposure to computers is somehow skewing our sense of time. The kids aren't on the internet yet but they play iPad games and Nintendo.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join