Seeds vaulted away for the future. Monsanto??? hummm

page: 1
5

log in

join

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Hi ATS
I did a search and found out that there are many threads on ATS about these seed banks. And not wanting to infringe on them. I would suggest searching for the ones that might interest you.
If the mods are willing to let this ride a while--
Because it has been a long while since the info was posted. (3-4 years)
There must be a lot of new members that might not be aware.
Cheers ljb

The world’s best seeds head for Arctic vault
By Doug O'Harra

Dispatches — Far North Science
www.farnorthscience.com/category/news-from-alaska/

News, research and natural acts from Alaska

Third article down.

The others are cool also

By the tens of thousands, the seeds will come: strains of Mexican maize, sturdy varieties of African wheat, Southeast Asian rice that feeds the masses. They’re what one scientist calls “the crown jewels” of the world’s agricultural heritage, all of them on now getting packaged at facilities around the world for shipping to Svalbard, in the Norwegian Arctic.

enjoy ATS ljb




posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by longjohnbritches
 


If I am not mistaken, and please correct me if I am wrong. I don't believe ANY of these seeds are of Monsanto! My understanding was they were all natural and not a one of em came from Monsanto. That right there ought to make someone say hmmmmm, when our own government seedbanks won't allow them, but yet we are told they are good for the starving, (better yield) even though in one of Monsanto's own cafeterias's they have a sign posted saying that none of the food is made with GMO!!!


I know what I posted was off topic, but you did have Monsanto in your title, so I couldn't resist!



posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
S&F I had never heard about seed banks. Sounds like the plot to Titan A.E. This is something I'll have to read more on for sure.



posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Cool, like a Noahs Ark for seeds, I heard about this some time ago actually, and have wondered if it's all really "just in case something happens", or are they in the know of something else....
So why do you mention Monsanto in the title, do you think they are involved?



posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by longjohnbritches
 


There is more to it than stockpiling- they are patenting any they can. They go through the banks and find good plants with unique genetic traits and file forpatent. Then only they can sell them or sell u a license to sell them.
The. Roma tomato got patented as Roma Vf.

It id more of a grab than most people know.



posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by PutAQuarterIn
 


One of my FAVORITE movies is TITAN AE!!!! People must watch it! The ship is a seed vault YES!



posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by longjohnbritches
 


If I am not mistaken, and please correct me if I am wrong. I don't believe ANY of these seeds are of Monsanto! My understanding was they were all natural and not a one of em came from Monsanto. That right there ought to make someone say hmmmmm, when our own government seedbanks won't allow them, but yet we are told they are good for the starving, (better yield) even though in one of Monsanto's own cafeterias's they have a sign posted saying that none of the food is made with GMO!!!


I know what I posted was off topic, but you did have Monsanto in your title, so I couldn't resist!


Actually I stumbled upon the article and thought it was cool.
But when I was typing the title for the thread some weird kind of consiratorial sub conscious took over and typed the word MONSANTO and then quickly made my hand press post.
Really, really ljb
edit on 6/1/2012 by longjohnbritches because: consiiidfnn



posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Bill Gates and the Rockefeller's are heavily invested in these "Doomsday seed vaults". And of course, lets not forget the DUMBs around the world, and the doomsady clocks. Hmmmmm, is right.

Here's a link to just one of many articles on the seed vault in the Arctic.
Source

Also, if I remember correctly, Zorgon did a thread on all of these. I'll see if I can find it.

Figures. Couldn't find it. But here's the 10,000 year clock built into the mountain, and funded by Jeff Beso to the tune of $42,000,000.
Source
edit on 6/1/2012 by Klassified because: eta
edit on 6/1/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
reply to post by longjohnbritches
 


There is more to it than stockpiling- they are patenting any they can. They go through the banks and find good plants with unique genetic traits and file forpatent. Then only they can sell them or sell u a license to sell them.
The. Roma tomato got patented as Roma Vf.

It id more of a grab than most people know.


The most wonderful Italian man up in the mountains of West Virginia gave me seeds for Roma's straight from the BOOT. He is gone now and so are my seeds.
I didn't garden for ten years and they went bad. They were Beauties.
I think of that man especially when I open a can of paste.



posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
Bill Gates and the Rockefeller's are heavily invested in these "Doomsday seed vaults". And of course, lets not forget the DUMBs around the world, and the doomsady clocks. Hmmmmm, is right.

Here's a link to just one of many articles on the seed vault in the Arctic.
Source

Also, if I remember correctly, Zorgon did a thread on all of these. I'll see if I can find it.


Sweet. The more info on the future the better.
There were to many when I searched and I did not want to post them all.
Thanks for the link





top topics
 
5

log in

join