It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EVP's and ITC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I have a degree in audio engineering and have been researching the paranormal most of my life.

I am offering to clean up and treat your recorded EVP's.

I know many will say that "I have doctored something" but that is not within my interest.

I intend to remove layers, as opposed to add them.

Plus, These messages will have been supplied by you, and sent back to you.

Send me wav's preferrably, or aiffs. MP3's tend to have aliasing in all of the frequencies, and do not make for good source material. I dont expect you to send me "clean" audio, as most people turn the "gain" up to full.

a few pointers,

If you are using just a recorder, set the volume to half

If it has a Low or Hi setting (meaning the sensitivity of the microphone) set it to Hi

Do not use voice activation as human speech is at its highest resonance at 4khz, and spirit speech is anywhere from 8hz up ( a comparable 4khz is 4000hz compared to the 8hz and up)

If you are using an external Mic, Condenser mics or "capacitor" microphones and Ribbon microphones provide better results than Dynamic mics, as they pick up sound from the front to back of the diaphragm.

If the mic has special settings like frequency cuts or boosts, do not use them! Also look out for different polar patterns, it may help to do a bit of research on the topic, and to inform the spirit of where the best place to speak into would be, even mark the microphone.

Avoid holding the microphone, if you bump it or move or rustle clothes, say it on the recording. This includes car noises (neighbours, neighborhood noises)

Place the microphone away from walls or reflective surfaces.

Control the environment, if you have fans or ac or fridges etc running, turn them off for the recording.

Be vocal, ask the person to speak into the recorder or microphone, and to speak slowly and loudly

You can also monitor the conversation by using a recorder with a headphone jack, just plug in some headphones and you will have an amplification device at your disposal.

I could write a book on the techniques used to capture clear audio, but I have limited time and space at the moment. These are basics and will provide clear audio.

For any questions, please feel free to ask, I will respond as best as I can.

Good luck!

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Seagurt

I'm down.

I have a bunch from the Saint Augustine lighthouse I'd love cleaned up!

edit on 1-6-2012 by HoptimusPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I have none myself, but I applaud your services, comrade.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I have LOADS of them. Check out my blog. If you like any of the videos, email me and I can send you the raw file to "Clean Up". That would be great. The only program I have is Audacity. My blog is:
EVP Researcher

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by HoptimusPrime

By all means, send me a pm, with either a link, or the file itself.

In your PM, you can also add your email address if you wish, that way info can be exchanged more freely.

I am quite new to ATS so I dont know about options for file transfer or downloads. I will have to research after this post.

I look forward to the work!

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Amanita93

It is my pleasure.

I am here to help, we all are intrinsically!

Thank you for the positivity and communication!

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I have no recordings myself, but must also add that this is very generous. I'm glad to see that a professional is interested in the topic and willing to put in the necessary work to examine these kinds of things properly. I'm looking forward to the results.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Fizzixist

I have gone through about 75% of your clips, and would appreciate them all, as I am hearing on some occasions more than one voice. I also speak a few languages, English being my native tongue, and by no means a master of the other languages. Some of your clips seem to be at different cycles per second, which makes sense, and this to me bring up the question of spirit frequency. Some state that they speak about twice our speed, on other occasions I have hear normal speed talk. Maybe they are making an effort to be understood in some cases.

I will send you an email, and identify myself so you can send me the files, I will clean it up as best as possible (thats the problem with these ghost boxes, is that the 13 bands of frequency create quite the noise floor) and perhaps you can update your videos with the new audio. Just a thought. We all have free will

I will email you shortly and look forward to working with you!

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Morgenstern89

I would like to add that my service is to clean up audio, I don't know if people will try and sabotage source material in an attempt to hoax, and if that is anyone's intention, I may add that this is definitely not a service to the scientific community, or to mankind as a whole. I am not claiming anything to be genuine. Thought I have studied much phenomenon, the best way to do this properly would be to setup a controlled environment. Build a Faraday cage ( or use your microwave ) and document your findings in as many mediums as possible.

In direct response, I have to say that it has always been a desire of mine, nay, a lifelong ambition to do this work.

If only funding for research were more readily available, I wouldn't have to work 45+ hours a week in order to live, and then research.

This is a sacrifice I am more than willing to give though, for the betterment of mankind, and for the union of consciousness.

Thank you for your positivity as well!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Text

reply to post by Seagurt

Good evening..I really am hoping that i am doing this correctly., Your interest in evp work caught my attention! My story is a long one as well as on going. I am only going to share something w you because its important that you believe me! I have just around 375-500 class a-ar evp's. Here's there the thing...id guess and say that at least 1/3 of them ...i just cant figure it out! i have that ear that's needed to do evp work..my guess is most might be in a different language. My name is Jennifer Arnold I'm the author off "on sacred ground a demon walks" ..which is only only explains the fist 7 years of our living hell...with demons!!! we'
the first half..we've moved...they/ve followed...two deliverance's later and there well...anyways....you just have me curious....mine have been checked for authenticity...there is a lot of controversial issues surrounding my families case.....the read is short...how does your organization work? thx Jen Arnold

edit on 7-6-2012 by thonotosassa because: only commenting

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by thonotosassa

Text

reply to post by Seagurt

we've moved...they/ve followed...two deliverance's later and there well...anyways....you just have me curious....mine have been checked for authenticity...there is a lot of controversial issues surrounding my families case.....the read is short...how does your organization work? thx Jen Arnold

edit on 7-6-2012 by thonotosassa because: only commenting

Hi Jennifer

All I would need are the source files, you can either send them to me electronically, or send me a cd. Please no MP3s as they tend to make work very difficult. Let me know what I can do for you, and if you need more info, dont hesitate to ask.

new topics

top topics

join