It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

unexplained time loss

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
back in 1998, about june i think, i was doing some night work to get some cash to go to ibiza in the summer. id been working at this place since the beginning of march, so i was in a routine. I used to leave my house at 22.45 and walk to the end of the road to meet a work mate for a lift at 22.50. This night in question, everything went to plan my mate meet me as normal, our starting time was 23.30. got in car and we starting along road about 100m from where i meet him is a parade of shops. at the end of the parade is a kentucky fried chicken, as soon as get near it u can smell it cooking up. my mate looked over and said "man im hungry". having smelt the chicken i looked over myself. at this point the the lights in KFC went out the street lights went out, and the car dash lights went out, and the engine spluttered. my mate said " ah no, the car conked out". then engine picked up, lights were instantly back on, and everyone im KFC seemed oblivous to the fact that the lights had went out. my mate said "that was weird", i agreed it was only when he tried to go into motorway garage to get some cigarettes about 2 miles up the road, we noticed the time cos it was strange that garage was shut. the time was now 23.25, we had gone 2 miles in 35 minutes.

Got to work, walked in, governor said "why u 2 late", my m8 said "sorry man we were abducted by aliens". He laughed out loud and said "ill let you off ,ive never heard that one before", i immediately asked what the date was just to check it was the same day. i have no recollection of anything happening to me in this lost time and neither does my work m8, but it is still unexplained

[edit on 2-10-2004 by scorchio123]

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I have to admit that I have heard of "Missing Time". I even read a couple books on the subject, BUT I never experienced it myself, at least that I can recall. From what I understand, the three primary reasons for this phenomena would be a time warp, abduction, or "self-hypnosis". I can't remember the proper name so I call it "Self Hypnosis". It happens when something traumatic happens and you unconsciously block it from your mind. If this really bothers you, you might check with a good hypno-therapist. You may find out what happened IF you really want to.
I realize that you never asked for help, but if it had happened to me, I think I'd try everything I could to regain my memory.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   
i think that is a a good idea, its just finding a good one that aint a rip off.

time warpsounds like a good probability, or abduction definately.

self hypnosis would be a bit strange for two of us to encounter not that id rule it out.

thanx for you input

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Hello! The post on "time loss" caught my attention, as I had a weird experience about two weeks ago. I wouldn't really call it "time loss" as Scorchio123 experienced it...maybe more like "disappearance" or something...but the words "time loss" did remind me of this strange experience of mine.

My husband and I stayed a night at another couple's home that they had just moved into a week before. We slept in a sparsely furnished area of the basement.

The next morning, my husband and I got into a disagreement about something silly, just before he left with his pal to go to the store. I decided to go back downstairs and take a nap and try to cool off. It took me awhile to fall asleep as there were other people upstairs and they were not quiet, esp. kids on hardwood floors directly above me!

I heard my husband and his friend return from the store. Twice, as I lay there trying to drift off to sleep, I thought I heard the basement door at the top of the steps open and someone start to come down. Both times I turned over to see who it was, expecting my husband. No one was there.

Finally, I fell asleep. About 2 hrs. later, I went upstairs to see what everyone was up to. My husband and a few others had left for a boat ride. When he returned, we left for home. On the way, he asked me where I had been. I told him I had been in the basement sleeping. He told me I had not been down there. That he had gone down when he returned from his trip to the store (to see if I wanted lunch) and I had not been there. He said he had walked to the bed and lifted the covers and it was empty. He said someone else had gone down to go through the back door to the backyard, and that person had not seen me, either. He then left for a boat ride assuming I was still mad and was in one of the bedrooms upstairs.

I thought that was the end of the story, but the next night, my husband brought it up again. He was (and still is) very serious and adamant that I was not there, that he walked right to the bed, pulled the blankets up, and it was empty.

I am very serious and adamant that I WAS there, as I NEVER left the bed the whole time between him leaving for the store and returning, and leaving again for his boat ride...not once hearing him or anyone else come downstairs for any reason. I am a light sleeper, esp. in a house I don't know well, with a lot of commotion just above me.

We both are very curious about this...while he says he wants to believe me, he still thinks I up and left for awhile to make him wonder, because I had been peeved at him, although I have never done that type of thing before. And I am frustrated that he would think that. There's no reason for him to say I wasn't there if I really was. There's no way I would get up and, say, wander a neighborhood that I've never been to before, and then lie about it to make him mad. That's just childish, and I don't play like that.

We've never been in a situation like this where we are accusing eachother of being deceitful or exaggerating, but that's almost what it has come to. The whole thing would almost be laughable if it wasn't so strange, and if we both weren't so serious on where we stand on the issue.

Not only is it just freaky, but it has caused a bit of a rift between us. We haven't talked about it in a few days, as we've agreed to drop it without any answers, but I am still totally confused as to what to think!

Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you!

jlmartin74

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Similar things have happened to me from both cases mentioned here. I've never really questioned the missing time experiences untill I started waking up in diffrent places then where I went to asleep with bruises and cuts that weren't there before. Alot of missing time cases can be explained by simply falling asleep and not realizing it, but that explination wouldn't really make sence with these two. perhaps hypnotic regression could answer some questions for you guys??

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by LouisCedar
Similar things have happened to me from both cases mentioned here. I've never really questioned the missing time experiences untill I started waking up in diffrent places then where I went to asleep with bruises and cuts that weren't there before. Alot of missing time cases can be explained by simply falling asleep and not realizing it, but that explination wouldn't really make sence with these two. perhaps hypnotic regression could answer some questions for you guys??

Are you sure this waking up in different places with cuts and bruises is not sleepwalking? I sleep walk on occasion and have been watched by my roomate, and he said I fall down, bump my head and run into things and never wake up and have no recollection of it in the morning except for bumps and buises.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
The only time I have had any experience of time loss was a few years ago.
I had been working at a customer site about 140 miles from home. After finishing up I went to my car and the next thing I knew I was sitting at home on the sofa with a half finished cup of coffee in my hand. That freaked me out

I went back to the office and asked a colleague what time I had called in to say I was finished and on my way back, he told me I had called at 11:30Hrs (which I was able to confirm from my mobile phone call log). The time I found myself on the sofa at home was 15:30Hrs. The drive home would have taken just over 2 hours but that still left another 1 1/2 hours unaccounted for. I was driving every day and could always remember details of drives weeks later, accidents, road works, weather etc but on this occassion from the time I left the customer site to finding myself on the sofa at home was a complete blank.
To this day I have absolutely no idea what happened and have no memory of that missing period.

Well, at least if I was abducted they had the courtesy to drop me and the car off at home and make me a cup of coffee

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Best way.... Go to a therapist specializing in hypnosis... Explain that you think you might have been sleepwalking or something, and want to find out what happened. In this way, you won't predispose the therapist to think of ET related questions. Have the session taped.

Tell the therapist when you want to remember. Listen to the tape, then you'll know...

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxG

Originally posted by LouisCedar

Are you sure this waking up in different places with cuts and bruises is not sleepwalking? I sleep walk on occasion and have been watched by my roomate, and he said I fall down, bump my head and run into things and never wake up and have no recollection of it in the morning except for bumps and buises.

I have concidered sleepwalking. thats what I always thought it was untill recently. I woke up down stairs in my basement once, which struck me as odd because that's walking to the other side of my house then down a flight of stairs. I started questioning it when the bruises starting becoming worse then the ones my brother would get from football. But I'm hoping that it's sleepwalking. I've been concidering hypnosis, my uncle does that sort of thing. thats why I suggested it to the other two people.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I will be completely honest, I have never done these post things before, I have never been much of a fan. That being said, I need to hear some opinions on a very strange experience that I had just this morning. It is currently 6:45 AM. I wake up for no apparent reason every morning about 4:00 AM. I have never been 100% sure on what has happened until today. I woke this morning at 4:00 AM and got out of my bed and on my way into the restroom I glanced at the time on my cable box and it said 4:01 AM. I used the restroom, which I imagine took about 30 seconds, and then I exited the restroom. On my way back into my bedroom, I noticed that the cable box clock said 5:00 AM. I had just lost 59 minutes for no reason. I saw a feint light outside of the livingroom window, and as I approached the blinds, I heard, and almost felt, a fluxuation in sound. I then heard a very high pitched humming sound, and then nothing. I looked out the window and did not see anything out of the oridinary. I went into my brothers bedroom and found him to be wide awake laying in bed. He sleeps with his door open, so I asked him if he noticed anything strange when i got up. He said no. I then told him what i had just experienced, and at first he seemed confused, and then scared. I could tell that he was starting to panic. I then heard that same high pitched humming from just a few minutes before, followed by a subtle flash of blue light on the bedroom wall, and nothing again. I cannot stress just how subtle this flash of light was, I very easily could have not seen it at all. Anyway, almost immediately, my brothers disposition changed. He was calm, and swore to me that as I left my bedroom, he had glanced at his clock and the time said 5:01, not 4:01. He insisted that it was a simple mistake on my part. I know that I did not see the clock wrong. It is an electronic clock on my cable box that says the time, no reading of hands involved. I am, quite honestly, freaking out. I have been waking up at 4 AM almost every morning for the past year, but I have never experienced anything like this. I need to hear some opinions on this. I am not sure what to think, but I have not been able to go back to sleep. I got on my computer and googled "unexplained loss of time", and it brought me here. Could this actually be what I am thinking it is?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Wow these greys are really fast aren't they? Amazing experiences, thanks for sharing.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
My lost lime happened more than 15 years ago. It was night and as I remember I just couldn't fall asleep. Frustrated, I rather gently hit the pillow with my head 3 times. All that happened seemingly in one second, as you'd expect it to be, each hit naturally coming after the other. The hard to explain part is that when I hit the pillow the first 2 times it was night outside, but when I hit and lifted my head for the 3rd time it was already day. I didn't feel like sleeping as I felt well rested for the rest of the day.

Perhaps I fell asleep during my 3rd time hitting the pillow and my body and mind somehow completely 'turned off' and when they suddenly 'turned on' in the morning I still had that memory of needing to lift my head up... which would've been a very strange thing to have happened in itself. But it could also be something else entirely responsible for such a time loss. Wouldn't be surprised as I've had many unexplained and spiritual experiences during this life.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: jlmartin74
On the way, he asked me where I had been. I told him I had been in the basement sleeping. He told me I had not been down there. That he had gone down when he returned from his trip to the store (to see if I wanted lunch) and I had not been there. He said he had walked to the bed and lifted the covers and it was empty. He said someone else had gone down to go through the back door to the backyard, and that person had not seen me, either. He then left for a boat ride assuming I was still mad and was in one of the bedrooms upstairs.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you!

jlmartin74

Yes, you was most likely abducted. Missing time is pretty common as you know in the abduction scenarios, as also people that is nowhere to be found, and when the 'victim' returns, cannot understand why everybody is so worried about, and the victim cannot remember disappearing in first place.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy
The only time I have had any experience of time loss was a few years ago.
I had been working at a customer site about 140 miles from home. After finishing up I went to my car and the next thing I knew I was sitting at home on the sofa with a half finished cup of coffee in my hand. That freaked me out

I went back to the office and asked a colleague what time I had called in to say I was finished and on my way back, he told me I had called at 11:30Hrs (which I was able to confirm from my mobile phone call log). The time I found myself on the sofa at home was 15:30Hrs. The drive home would have taken just over 2 hours but that still left another 1 1/2 hours unaccounted for. I was driving every day and could always remember details of drives weeks later, accidents, road works, weather etc but on this occassion from the time I left the customer site to finding myself on the sofa at home was a complete blank.
To this day I have absolutely no idea what happened and have no memory of that missing period.

Well, at least if I was abducted they had the courtesy to drop me and the car off at home and make me a cup of coffee

Another abduction victim, remember, ATS is just a very, very small portion of the entire population. Do the maths.

top topics

join