It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloomberg Tests Post-Euro Greek Drachma Code

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Greece ranks a fairly small 76th in population size less populated than Cuba. They could let Greece default without killing global commerce too much. Usually when a country defaults they try to become as self reliant as possible. Its easier to control your currency value when you only use it to buy locally produced domestic necessities. Don't even think about buying that new Mercedes with Drachma! Where it gets difficult is when you need imported goods like oil.

Obviously if there was a domino effect and Ireland, Spain and other member nations followed suit and defaulted foreign trade would all but end which could cause a major global depression. That is why they are treating Greece so harshly, they don't want other countries to break the European union.
edit on 1-6-2012 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Cauliflower

harsh is an understatement! darn right bullying maybe. What i find interesting, intriguing and a great time passer, is what will the UK move to, for defense, trade and policy? and you know what, i think even though the euro single currency has failed, like a chocalate toasting fork, that single currencies will be big players, such as middle east single currency, and of course, the americas single currency (some south american countries, cuba, canada, caribean isles) and the UK

UK? actually, yes it wasnt a typo!

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

i thought the foriegn banks they owed money to had already claimed it as collateral (gold/silver) so i dont think they have that option left could be wrong though

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Please contribute additional comments to previously existing thread located here.

Thank you.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join