It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THIS Time, Christians Reject the Church Line on Homosexuality (FINALLY AN EXAMPLE!)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MattiasDesigns
That may be, but that is the truth for all varieties of Christianity, especially Catholic. His words are distorted, ignored and miss understood all the time.

That's true, but I believe it's because people don't fully match scripture with scripture, instead they match scripture with opinion or what "sounds good" - it's one of the main reasons you have Pre-, Mid-, and Post-Trib views for the Rapture (or Harpazo). People like to go with what sounds good, and not with the truth. I match scripture with scripture, or try to. I guess that's really why there's such division and separation - it depends on how you view the Bible.

I actually smiled when I read that.
I was glad that you knew, not many do, so why do you still call him Jesus when you know that is not his name? Just curious.
Like you said, not many do or are "used" to calling him that. I guess you could say I still call him Jesus to appeal to the broader audience, so they understand. When I pray, though, I call God "Abba, Father", and Jesus "Yeshu'a". Interchangeably, albeit.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

That may be, but that is the truth for all varieties of Christianity, especially Catholic. His words are distorted, ignored and miss understood all the time.

That's true, but I believe it's because people don't fully match scripture with scripture, instead they match scripture with opinion or what "sounds good" - it's one of the main reasons you have Pre-, Mid-, and Post-Trib views for the Rapture (or Harpazo). People like to go with what sounds good, and not with the truth. I match scripture with scripture, or try to. I guess that's really why there's such division and separation - it depends on how you view the Bible.

I totally agree with that statement. I think one of the major causes of that is the many different versions and translations of the Bible. The number one reason I hear for why there are many different versions is attempts at making it easier to understand. Which in effect has the revisionist changing words that could, but do not necessarily mean the same thing. So therefore many different views will spawn. Not to say there would not still be many different views if there were only one English version, maybe not as many though.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

They believe Jesus was Michael the Archangel before becoming a man.

What? Excuse me, who is 'they', please?

I was raised an Episcopalian, baptized (High Anglican) and confirmed (less Anglican).

Very much "Christian"....closest there is to the EOC and RCC.

No one ever told me Jesus was Michael! Ever. Not ever. So, your credibility just went, gravity-style, in a tailspin in my mind.....just so ya know.
No hard feelings.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

He was referring to Jehovah's Witness

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
Might as well say murder is ok too well were at it.... Phoneys

There are parts of the Bible that say it is okay...

I've read all of the bible and can pinpoint a few spots it says its not, but where does it say it is?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I've read all of the bible and can pinpoint a few spots it says its not, but where does it say it is?

Leviticus 20:27
Exodus 21:15
Leviticus 20:9
2 Chronicles 15:12-13
Deuteronomy 22:20-21
There are many more...

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MattiasDesigns

Thanks. Thinking back, I realized that was the gist.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

There are many more...

Ah thats really not murder, those are laws... and good ones at that. Maybe if people stuck to those same laws the world wouldnt be so damn overpopulated...

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Yes.. I was referring to the Jehovah's Witnesses, as Mattias pointed out. I thought I made that pretty clear lol.

"...the Son of God was known as Michael before he came to earth" (Reasoning from the Scriptures, p. 218).

"Read carefully the following Bible account: 'War broke out in heaven: Michael [who is the resurrected Jesus Christ] and his angels battled with the dragon'" (You Can Live Forever in Paradise on Earth, 1982, p. 21).

Even so, there are more differences between Jehovah's Witnesses and Christians that completely defy the written word of God (The Bible).

They believe salvation must be earned through works-

"To get one's name written in that book of life will depend on one's works, whether they are in fulfillment of God's will and approved by his Judge and King." (Watchtower, August 15, 1972).

Whereas Christians believe-

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast." (Ephesians 2:8-9, NIV)

And even more blasphemous, they (Jehovah's Witnesses) believe we will become "gods"-

"...we are begotten of a divine nature...Jehovah is thus our father...we are divine beings - hence all such are Gods...Now we appear like men, and all die naturally as men, but in the resurrection we will rise in our true character as Gods" (Watchtower, December 1881, 1919 repr.)

JWs are forbidden from saluting the flag, engaging in political activities - they do not celebrate Valentine's Day, Mother's/Father's day, birth day, Easter, Christmas, etc. They don't believe in the Trinity and think it's an evil doctrine that teaches the existence of 3 gods - yet.. we will become gods. And "Jesus" was a lesser god. Contradiction?

There are many more...

God's law is eternal - Heaven and Earth will pass away, but His Word will not. These commandments ARE still valid, yet show me someone who is without sin- show me someone who can carry out this law and not be considered a Hypocrite, and be guilty of the same penalty- death.

There is only one who is worthy- the Lamb, the Son of God. And what does he have to say, when the Pharisees brought an adulterer before him?

John 8-

8 Jesus went unto the mount of Olives.

2 And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them.

3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,

4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.

5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?

6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.

7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.

9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.

10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?

11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

The purpose of the Law and the Old Testament is to show that man is not worthy and cannot fulfill the law. The whole point of God coming into flesh was not to abolish the law, but to testify to the truth. He fulfilled the law, which we couldn't do. He is the only one worthy to condemn.. yet he is unwilling that any should perish.

The reason we don't go around stoning people left and right, is because we ourselves (Christians and all of mankind) deserve to be stoned to death. The penalty of sin is death, and we are all guilty. That's why I believe in Jesus, that he forgave me of my sins- though I am not mistaking grace for permission- and that I have eternal life and a place in Heaven. Anyone can have it, too. It's a gift, reach out and grab it.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

There are many more...

Ah thats really not murder, those are laws... and good ones at that. Maybe if people stuck to those same laws the world wouldnt be so damn overpopulated...

Murder is someone taking someone's life. Those are not laws, and if they were they would be horrible ones. Disrespecting your parents means you should die?!? Really? Hmm. I believe most Judicial systems in the world would disagree.
edit on 2-6-2012 by MattiasDesigns because: grammar

top topics

<< 1   >>

join