It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THIS Time, Christians Reject the Church Line on Homosexuality (FINALLY AN EXAMPLE!)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Good to hear. People even went so far as to help an immigrant group who's sin was to support homosexuals.

What the church taketh away, lay Catholics and others have given back — and then some — to Compañeros, a small Durango-based nonprofit helping immigrants in southwestern Colorado.

Compañeros was stripped of $30,000 by the Diocese of Pueblo because of its participation in a social-justice coalition that includes a gay advocacy group.

Since then, people and groups worldwide have made donations totaling more than $60,000 to help Compañeros, Executive Director Nicole Mosher said.

Good to see Christians saying, baloney, to this absurd stance.

mmmhmmm. good on ya mate.

ColoradoJens
edit on 1-6-2012 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Fri Jun 1 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Thread Title:

THIS Time, Christians Reject the Church Line on Homosexuality (FINALLY AN EXAMPLE!)

Article Title:

Catholics raise money for immigrants' group stripped of church funds by Pueblo Diocese

I love Catholics and I love homosexuals, as much as I love heterosexuals who are guilty of the same sins and who are cleansed through the blood of Christ, but let's not mix up terms here. Any real Christian will not support or condone ANY sin, even if they are guilty of the sins themselves. Yes, we define the word "hypocrite" but it's better to try and fail then to not try at all.

That doesn't mean a Christian won't show love, but picture it like a family. A good father won't condone his child to drink and do drugs and party all night, but if the child did do that, the father would still love him.
edit on 1-6-2012 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte
Thread Title:

Article Title:

Catholics raise money for immigrants' group stripped of church funds by Pueblo Diocese

I love Catholics and I love homosexuals, as much as I love heterosexuals who are guilty of the same sins and who are cleansed through the blood of Christ, but let's not mix up terms here.

The Catholic Church, also known as the Roman Catholic Church, is the world's largest Christian church, with more than one billion members.[1] Led by the Pope, it defines its mission as spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ,[2] administering the sacraments[3] and exercising charity.[4]

What is there to mix up?

CJ

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

That makes no sense. That's like saying the Muslim Church, also known as the Islamic Regime, is the world's largest Jewish Synagogue.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

No it's not. For you to not understand religion to this extent is not only embarrassing, but it is telling of the misconceptions and willful ignorance that people maintain to this day. We live in the age of google, you're free to look up the objective sources of Christianity and realize that Catholicism and the Hellenistic Eastern Orthodox Church were two of the first fully organized sects of Christianity.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Thread Title:

Article Title:

I love Catholics and I love homosexuals, as much as I love heterosexuals who are guilty of the same sins and who are cleansed through the blood of Christ, but let's not mix up terms here. Any real Christian will not support or condone ANY sin, even if they are guilty of the sins themselves. Yes, we define the word "hypocrite" but it's better to try and fail then to not try at all.

I personally don't think Homosexuality is a sin, I think love is love. Two consenting people whom love each other, doing what is natural. And yes I do believe it is a natural occurrence in the world, you see homosexuality in hundreds of species.
What exactly is a real Christian, at what point in the Messiahs teachings did he tell his disciple to form a new religion? I believe, and it is clearly stated in the Bible the the Messiah was Jewish, and practiced the Jewish faith. But this should probably be for another forum, cause I could go on and on about this one.

That doesn't mean a Christian won't show love, but picture it like a family. A good father won't condone his child to drink and do drugs and party all night, but if the child did do that, the father would still love him.

If you want to look at it like a family, look at the countless "christian" families that have thrown their children out, never to speak to them again because their god told them to.
I dunno, just my 2 cents, if it's worth that.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric

No it's not. For you to not understand religion to this extent is not only embarrassing, but it is telling of the misconceptions and willful ignorance that people maintain to this day. We live in the age of google, you're free to look up the objective sources of Christianity and realize that Catholicism and the Hellenistic Eastern Orthodox Church were two of the first fully organized sects of Christianity.

Sects.

This does not make them Christians.
Catholics and Christians believe in the same God and in the same Christ, yet there are distinctly different in the fact that they are more traditionally bound than Christians are. Don't try to lecture me about the two, when my mother and all of her family were devout Catholics, and my father is a born-anew Christian. I think I know a bit about the differences between them and why they distinctly said "Catholics" and NOT Christians.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Keyword: Think

I'll allow you to keep thinking that way. It's your right to do so.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MattiasDesigns
I personally don't think Homosexuality is a sin, I think love is love. Two consenting people whom love each other, doing what is natural. And yes I do believe it is a natural occurrence in the world, you see homosexuality in hundreds of species.

Any sexual sin, is sin. Perversion, pedophilia, adultery, immorality, etc, are all sins, and are all equal. Love != lust. Two men can be best of friends, have love for each other, hell even live together. That doesn't make them homosexual unless you're homophobic and think a man hugging a man is wrong in the eyes of God. It's not. The sexual sin is what the problem is. If those two men slept with each other, then it's considered sin.

Brotherly love is not sin.

What exactly is a real Christian, at what point in the Messiahs teachings did he tell his disciple to form a new religion? I believe, and it is clearly stated in the Bible the the Messiah was Jewish, and practiced the Jewish faith. But this should probably be for another forum, cause I could go on and on about this one.

A real Christian is one who follows Christ, without compromise.

If Christ said, "love one another" - then love one another, regardless of their sins.
If Christ said, "the scripture is true" - then the scripture is true.
If the Scripture is true, "thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image" - then don't bear any graven image.

Oh wait, the Catholics removed this (the 2nd Commandment) from their Bibles. Uh-oh!

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Catholics are Christians,
Baptist are Christians,
Episcopalians are Christians,
Jehovah's Witness are Christians, etc..
There all from the same tree they all are supposed followers of "Jesus" the "Christ"
Simple really, Christianity is one cloth that covers many "sects" or better yet, diversions...

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Baptist are Christians,
There all from the same tree they all are supposed followers of "Jesus" the "Christ"
Simple really, Christianity is one cloth that covers many "sects" or better yet, diversions...

Catholics follow tradition more than they follow Christ, but this does not keep them out of Heaven.
Baptists believe you must be water-baptized to enter Heaven. You don't - The Thief on the Cross.
Episcopals describe themselves as "Protestant, yet Catholic" - more tradition.
Jehovah's Witnesses do NOT believe in the same Jesus as Christians do. For you to even say that shows a large amount of ignorance. Though, I do agree they are all SUPPOSED to be followers of Jesus Christ.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Might as well say murder is ok too well were at it.... Phoneys

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Any sexual sin, is sin. Perversion, pedophilia, adultery, immorality, etc, are all sins, and are all equal. Love != lust. Two men can be best of friends, have love for each other, hell even live together. That doesn't make them homosexual unless you're homophobic and think a man hugging a man is wrong in the eyes of God. It's not. The sexual sin is what the problem is. If those two men slept with each other, then it's considered sin.

Brotherly love is not sin.

Let marriage be held in honor by all, and the bed undefiled: but fornicators and adulterers God will judge Hebrews 13:4
Homosexuality is not a sin.

A real Christian is one who follows Christ, without compromise.

If Christ said, "love one another" - then love one another, regardless of their sins.
If Christ said, "the scripture is true" - then the scripture is true.
If the Scripture is true, "thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image" - then don't bear any graven image.

Oh wait, the Catholics removed this (the 2nd Commandment) from their Bibles. Uh-oh!

I was being sarcastic when asked what a real Christian is, really because I don't think one exist. Christianity is a misguided faith as many of the others are. Catholicism is the major responsible party for the corruption of the Messiahs teachings and practices. They have changed many, many parts of the Bible to suit their needs.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Baptist are Christians,

Catholics follow tradition more than they follow Christ, but this does not keep them out of Heaven.
Baptists believe you must be water-baptized to enter Heaven. You don't - The Thief on the Cross.
Episcopals describe themselves as "Protestant, yet Catholic" - more tradition.
Jehovah's Witnesses do NOT believe in the same Jesus as Christians do. For you to even say that shows a large amount of ignorance. Though, I do agree they are all SUPPOSED to be followers of Jesus Christ.

They are still all Christians, Jehovah's witness actually do believe in the same Messiah as others, they just follow it more stringintly, which is why their sabbath falls on the correct day of the week, they don't celebrate birthdays, etc...
Who is Jesus Christ, that's not his name, do you know his real name? He was never called Jesus or Christ.
But eh... what do I know, I've only been studying religions and specifically the different branches of Judaism and "Christianity" for over 10 years, but like you said I'm just ignorant...

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The three major forms of Christian Churches, Catholic, Eastern Orthodoxy, and Protestant. Everything else is a form of one of them.

The only difference is how they worship.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I denounced my belief in God and organized religion a year ago! If only there were more people like you maybe I would have changed my mind! It is attitudes like yours that can save the hatred towards the hypocracy of religion, I applaud you!

Thank you for giving me hope!

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
Might as well say murder is ok too well were at it.... Phoneys

There are parts of the Bible that say it is okay...

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric

Sects.

This does not make them Christians.
Catholics and Christians believe in the same God and in the same Christ, yet there are distinctly different in the fact that they are more traditionally bound than Christians are. Don't try to lecture me about the two, when my mother and all of her family were devout Catholics, and my father is a born-anew Christian. I think I know a bit about the differences between them and why they distinctly said "Catholics" and NOT Christians.

Interesting. Rasied a Roman Catholic, I was always told by my church I was a Christian. Funny how my Jesuit brothers also considered themselve Christians, and those dudes studied A LOT.

CJ

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

They are still all Christians, Jehovah's witness actually do believe in the same Messiah as others, they just follow it more stringintly, which is why their sabbath falls on the correct day of the week, they don't celebrate birthdays, etc...

They believe Jesus was Michael the Archangel before becoming a man. Even after his resurrection, they believed he retained his identity as Michael.. yet Michael himself could not rebuke Satan (Jude 1:9), yet in Mark 9:25 - Jesus himself rebukes Satan.

There are many differences in the doctrines between Jehovah's Witnesses and Christians - they compromise and follow misguided beliefs that contradict themselves.

Who is Jesus Christ, that's not his name, do you know his real name? He was never called Jesus or Christ.

Yeshu'a.

But eh... what do I know, I've only been studying religions and specifically the different branches of Judaism and "Christianity" for over 10 years, but like you said I'm just ignorant...

Argument from authority, then?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

They believe Jesus was Michael the Archangel before becoming a man. Even after his resurrection, they believed he retained his identity as Michael.. yet Michael himself could not rebuke Satan (Jude 1:9), yet in Mark 9:25 - Jesus himself rebukes Satan.

There are many differences in the doctrines between Jehovah's Witnesses and Christians - they compromise and follow misguided beliefs that contradict themselves.

That may be, but that is the truth for all varieties of Christianity, especially Catholic. His words are distorted, ignored and miss understood all the time.

Yeshu'a.

I actually smiled when I read that.
I was glad that you knew, not many do, so why do you still call him Jesus when you know that is not his name? Just curious.

Argument from authority, then?

No, I was not trying to insinuate that I was an authority, just not ignorant.

edit on 1-6-2012 by MattiasDesigns because: typo

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join