It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pros and Cons of a one world Government

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Depends on how World Government is set up. We're pretty close to it right now. What do you think the UN is?

It is far from perfect - - but it is the stepping stone. The correct stepping stone IMO.

I think the UN is a farce and a joke. As we say around here It’s all hat and no cowboy. The Nations like people are not all “equal” even sitting around the UN table.

They never have been nor will they ever be – the nations with veto authority are never going to give it up and therefore the other nations are just being strung along like the kid with a surprise seat the big kid table at Thanksgiving dinner. All the adults will politely sit and pretend to listen and include them on their converstaitions but no one is really going to ask them for advice or give them a vote on a serious family issue.

The UN – it’s is all a waste of money and time in the interest of making the crap hole third world feel they have some voice in world politics.

I don’t want to live in any world that could be conceived by an organization that would put countries with clear records of human rights violations on the very council that oversees such events.

What is the first thing I would do? Equalize the worlds economy. Bring up 3rd world countries to a living standard - - - lower over-bloated economies and bring people down to a level that's still comfortable - but not wasteful.

Make all resources - science - peacekeepers - human rights - etc - - - global. Keep local governments that understand the personal needs of their areas.

Yes’ let’s all live in a world that tries to equalize the food production of the bread-belt of the U.S with the sun bleached sands in Somalia so that we can all live in some Marxist utopia that distributes food and water – equally.

Who will they confiscate the food from, who will pay to ship it there, what Armies will have to enforce this ideal society…

The resources you are talking about that are privately owned. You realize you will have to take people’s property by force – no one is going to just give their work, property and wealth away so that the third world can have internet and AC.

The bottom line is life is a genetic lottery some are born in a place in which food is abundant and life is easier while some are not. Life is unfair…

You lived what - before the Fair Housing Act…? Ok, when was the last time you actually visited the third world? I’ve seen it on numerous deployments – these places are not worth saving. The governments and the people who live there are self destructive.

The solution for resource consumption vs. production is not a global one in which the 1st world is stripped of the lifestyle they have built for themselves so we can all live in 2nd world nations, but rather for each locality to support itself and find the a balance with the resources they have available to them locally.

The third world gladly trades its resources for goods and cash from the developed nations. What the problems are is that we have created artificial stability in the local regions with food and other “aid” programs. These “aid” programs make things worse not better.

We need to stop globalism – it is an anathema to the competitive nature of human beings.

We are never going to live in harmony as a diverse multicultural "Star Trek" melting pot.

The cultures have real and some would argue even biological differences that will never be overcome.

Embrace and accept it – to be counter to ones true nature is an abomination.

We are different and each culture/race has advantages and disadvantages they will compete for world hegemony and some will go through phases of waxing and waning like the moon gaining and losing influence over the affairs of the world.

I'm getting really tired of your "homogenized" rant. Let me guess - - you are White Male Christian

You score 66% on the judge-o-meter.

The UN
... made my day!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

Depends on how World Government is set up. We're pretty close to it right now. What do you think the UN is?

It is far from perfect - - but it is the stepping stone. The correct stepping stone IMO.

I think the UN is a farce and a joke. As we say around here It’s all hat and no cowboy. The Nations like people are not all “equal” even sitting around the UN table.

I don't consider it a joke. I consider it a beginning. A prototype. I think its childish not to see the possibility of progression. The world is a developing process in constant motion.

They never have been nor will they ever be – the nations with veto authority are never going to give it up and therefore the other nations are just being strung along like the kid with a surprise seat the big kid table at

Can't tell you how many times I've heard "Never Happen" in my 65 years. The "right key" and the "right time" opens a closed door.

I don’t want to live in any world that could be conceived by an organization that would put countries with clear records of human rights violations on the very council that oversees such events.

Having raised both kids and grandkids. I've learned positive re-enforcement often gets better results then punishment.

Yes’ let’s all live in a world that tries to equalize the food production of the bread-belt of the U.S with the sun bleached sands in Somalia so that we can all live in some Marxist utopia that distributes food and water – equally.

And where exactly did I say anything that resembles that?

Who will they confiscate the food from, who will pay to ship it there, what Armies will have to enforce this ideal society…

What are you talking about?

You realize you will have to take people’s property by force – no one is going to just give their work, property and wealth away so that the third world can have internet and AC.

Drama much?

The bottom line is life is a genetic lottery some are born in a place in which food is abundant and life is easier while some are not. Life is unfair…

ME ME ME

Ok, when was the last time you actually visited the third world? I’ve seen it on numerous deployments – these places are not worth saving. The governments and the people who live there are self destructive.

I think we're done.

You score 66% on the judge-o-meter.

Which says nothing. I doubt you are Atheist.
edit on 9-6-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3   >>

join