It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Stella" Awards - The Most Frivolous Lawsuits of All Time (with pictures)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Happy Friday. This is both funny and sad. I wonder why people do this to themselves; filing a lawsuit that not only shows how absurd and stupid you are, but also how little they know about the legal system. Out to get a buck? You betcha!

Last October, Yvette Gorzelany, Joanna Obiedzinski, and Paulina Pakos attempted to sue over their appearance in the book "Hot Chicks with Douchebags." The ladies filed a defamation suit only to have it thrown out by a New Jersey judge in February who ruled it as a work of satire (duh). The judge proved the point further by asking whether a reasonable person could "believe that Jean-Paul Sartre stated 'man is condemned to be douchey because once thrown into the world he is responsible for every douchey thing that he does.'" Yeah, we're with the judge on that one.

When Tomas Delgado was driving over the speed limit and hit and killed child on a bike, a loophole got him out of any trouble (the boy was riding at night without safety gear or reflectors). You'd think getting away with murder would be enough, but Delgado decided to sue the family of the boy for damages to his Audi. It's a good thing he later dropped the lawsuit, or we would have lost ALL faith in humanity. (source)

sad lawsuits

ColoradoJens

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

When Tomas Delgado was driving over the speed limit and hit and killed child on a bike, a loophole got him out of any trouble (the boy was riding at night without safety gear or reflectors). You'd think getting away with murder would be enough, but Delgado decided to sue the family of the boy for damages to his Audi. It's a good thing he later dropped the lawsuit, or we would have lost ALL faith in humanity. (source)

sad lawsuits

ColoradoJens

Oh man thats just so so callous. The lawyer who decided to represent him in that suing must of been a heartless POS

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

Yeah, it's one thing to be a lawyer. It's another to be the biggest douchbag lawyer in your town.

CJ

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Sorry but the photo of the 3 douches was accurate. two bimbos and a douchbag for sure. I would have loved to get my hands on that book. photos of souchbags or whatever. I think it's brilliant!

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
Sorry but the photo of the 3 douches was accurate. two bimbos and a douchbag for sure. I would have loved to get my hands on that book. photos of souchbags or whatever. I think it's brilliant!

Agreed. Good book to have on your coffee table. It's my new avatar pic.

CJ
edit on 1-6-2012 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Knock yourself out. Buy it here for a whole $8.00.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

sad lawsuits

ColoradoJens

Oh man thats just so so callous. The lawyer who decided to represent him in that suing must of been a heartless POS

Or a douchebag.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Knock yourself out. Buy it here for a whole $8.00.

Awesome. Thanks.

CJ

new topics

top topics

join