It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prosecutors: Revoke Zimmerman's bond

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by primus2012

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by TheTardis

. . . don't you think we can give this guy a little slack?

There is a dead 17 year old kid who was walking home from a convenience store.

Don't forget he was carrying skittles and iced-tea and was skipping along singing the Smurfs song..."la la lalalala la lala la la"

It's just not true that he attacked George and was beating the tar out of him.

George could have gotten in his car and gone home.

He'd already made his 911 call to the guys with real badges.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
To me this seems as if the media and government groups and minority groups and criminal gangs want for the notion or the idea of self defense being something akin to being a racist or a form of racism to taint 2nd amendment rights and the right to self defense, so it seems no wonder to me why groups like the black panthers hate him and other minority leaders hate him, it makes their ability to boss other people around and to beat people up and or gang up and run cities, if everyone thought like Zimmerman and spoke like that and defended themselves in the cities and bad neighborhoods most of these career criminals would be out of a job! The government depends on a weak dependent society willing to let the police clean up the mess or infringe on everyones rights to protect us all from the Trayvons ready to sucker punch or jump someone if the desire strikes them and more or less letting them do that infringes on everyone's freedom and rights, freedom maybe something that doesn't come from words alone, you have the freedom to disagree with me, but when you raise a fist don't be shocked if you end up with a gun in your face, if the world understood this it would reduce the amount of crazy violence that some feel like they are entitled to cause they assume society owes them something.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by bubbabuddha

Possible. Although I think this has a little less to with race then him acting out against someone because they are "black" or whatever color they may be. He felt that he needed to defend himself.

I am sure if this was a 17 year old white kid this guy would have been locked up a long time ago.

Of course the gov't is extorting off this deal.

-SAP-
edit on 1-6-2012 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

defended himself ? the 911 dispatcher told him to stop following trayvon !
it is near impossible to win self defense when you are the aggressor and following someone is pretty aggressive

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by natives

I wasn't aware of that...

-SAP-

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

It revolves around his website where people wwere donating funds to assist him. In my opinion the judge is making an incorrect call on this one, and I can only imagine there is political pressure behind it. I make this comment on the fact that this issue has been known for sometime now and only after evidence comes out that seems to support Zimmermans account does the judge act?

This comes on the heels of the DOJ preppeing a hate crimes charge against Zimmerman.

Get him back in custody....
Charges get dismissed / dropped with prejudice.....
DOJ steps in.....

Just my 2 cents...

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

It revolves around his website where people wwere donating funds to assist him. In my opinion the judge is making an incorrect call on this one, and I can only imagine there is political pressure behind it. I make this comment on the fact that this issue has been known for sometime now and only after evidence comes out that seems to support Zimmermans account does the judge act?

This comes on the heels of the DOJ preppeing a hate crimes charge against Zimmerman.

DOJ steps in.....

Just my 2 cents...

Get him back in custody...
GZ has a "fatal accident" while in custody...
Embarrassment during an election year avoided.

Adding my non-cents

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by primus2012

Originally posted by Xcathdra

DOJ steps in.....

Just my 2 cents...

Get him back in custody...
GZ has a "fatal accident" while in custody...
Embarrassment during an election year avoided.

Adding my non-cents

A fatal accident wont make the issue go away. If anything it will force the DOJ to investigate as to why he was never in protective custody in jail.

Hell the DOJ is already demanding Florida halt their activities when ti comes to their voter rolls. Florida has been removing people who are inelligable to vote. The DOJ has issues with that.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Why isn't a cop charged with manslaughter even with a 'Justified Shooting?'

29INFDIV???

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by 29INFDIV

Why isn't a cop charged with manslaughter even with a 'Justified Shooting?'

29INFDIV???

Because of the justified portion... Justification is based on the evidence, circumstances, the criteria the Supreme Court established and the Prosecuting Attorney making the decision.

Why arent all military personnel engaged in combat charged with manslaughter / murder?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

There are the Geneva Conventions, but that is the only rule to war. War vs. Civil Obediance is different.

29INFDIV

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by natives

Hello McFly!!!! Listen to the tapes. Also he is not legally responsible to listen to a dispatcher whom is not sworn Law Enforcement. Jesus get it through your head people unless a LAW Enforcement Officer tells you No, you do not have to listen.

29INFDIV

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

There are the Geneva Conventions, but that is the only rule to war. War vs. Civil Obediance is different.

29INFDIV

No its not... There are rules to international armed conflict and their are rules to the use of eadly force in domestic situations.

As for your post above about the dispatcher correct.
The dispatcher who gave that "command" is not comissioned law enforcement and as such people are not required to comply with it. If we want to go down that road TM was warned by his gf on the phone to run away and he apparently refused to listen to her.
edit on 1-6-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Whats TM listening to his GF have to do with GZ listening to a dispatcher? Again nothing, it's a request. I don't see the argument.

29INFDIV

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Whats TM listening to his GF have to do with GZ listening to a dispatcher? Again nothing, it's a request. I don't see the argument.

29INFDIV

I was supporting what you were stating about not being required to listen to the person on the phone. GZ was warned of by one person and TM was warned off by another. Neither are required to listen to that persons advice.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTardis

Are you saying because he wasn't an "angel" that it justifies his death? Most ridiculous thing I've ever read.

I've never seen people try to go so far to justify the death of a teenager. Trayvon threads are filled with "well he had it coming to him" mentality. Truly sickening. Girls that wear short skirts are just asking to be raped too, right?

edit on 1-6-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Newsflash.... You don't even got to be on a watch program. It is not, nor was it ever illegal to follow a suspicious person around your neighborhood. It is not illegal to even ask them some questions. They can respond with piss off if they want. They cannot respond by punching you however. They cannot then mount you and beat the piss out of you.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Annee

Newsflash.... You don't even got to be on a watch program. It is not, nor was it ever illegal to follow a suspicious person around your neighborhood. It is not illegal to even ask them some questions. They can respond with piss off if they want. They cannot respond by punching you however. They cannot then mount you and beat the piss out of you.

Blah Blah Blah

Your defense of GZ is unrealistic.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

My "defense" of zimmerman is based off the law, and not liberal BS.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

. . . don't you think we can give this guy a little slack?

There is a dead 17 year old kid who was walking home from a convenience store.

Agreed, But that 17 year old kid was recently kicked out of school for beating up his bus driver.

A 17 year old kid was walking home from a convenient store and is now dead. He was innocent in his actions at that time.

GZ's actions created and escalated as situation that never needed to happen.

Jeez.. Are you that naive? This neighborhood had had break ins, The police had been called many times. This kid was walking in the dark, alone at night and took off when the neighborhood watch tried to talk to him. You dont see how this could be suspicious? Really? I would, I would want to know about someone I didnt recognize roaming my neighborhood at night. Wouldnt you? Or are you ok with break ins and vandalism? You cannot be that naive. Seriously.. All he had to do was say, "Sir" and yes that word is important. He should "Sir, I live here and I am heading home and this is my address". Or something along those lines and I bet you money he would have been fine. Instead My guess is he got an attitude and they got into it. And yes I am basing this on the fact that his pictures make him look like he is trying to be "Gangsta" and he obviously has some anger issues because he has been in trouble for those issues. But bottom line, It was a bad situation, yes he got shot, yes its a tragedy, but should GZ go to jail for it? I say Hell No. He was within his rights to ask the kid what he was doing there, and if attacked which it looks like he was, he had every right under the law to defend himself with the gun he purchased and had permits for and was trained to use. He was defending his neighborhood just like people have done for Generations. Ask yourself this. If it had been a white kid would we even have heard about it? But stop being so naive to think this is the nice little kid that plays in the yard on a swing set.

Don't waste your time with this poster. On another thread on the same topic, we all tried to explain all of this but to no avail. Evidently, they've made their mind up. Almost makes me wonder if they are family or friends of the family. To much anger, almost like it's personal.

There are 2 sides to every story and only when it goes to trial, will we find out what happened. Until then, it's pure speculation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join