It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prosecutors: Revoke Zimmerman's bond

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
All this hooplah about Zimmerman when the 22 year old black man that murdered Daniel Adkins at a Taco Bell in Phoenix, Arizona drove away from the scene of the crime and was never even charged. Obama didn't even bother to get the FBI involved, it was just a half hispanic guy that was killed anyway

Not one word from Al Sharpton or Jessie Jackson about that murder at all
. Yes lets send the world a message, it is ok for black people to murder someone, but if a black person gets killed the heavens will thunder and the ground will shake and the wrath of God be poured forth onto all mankind.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTardis

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
This is a joke of a case. I think bond should be based on the individual's threat to society and ability to run, not based on whether or not the courts can extort more money from the ACCUSED.

If he lied to the court.

Isn't that perjury?

First are you just looking for an excuse to put the guy away? Isnt he in enough trumped up trouble?

Trumped up charges?

GZ is the one who did not get back in his car and go home. The courts will decide who did what.

FACT: GZ created and escalated the situation resulting in a death. That is the only real FACT we know. Other then a 17 year old kid is dead.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
All this hooplah about Zimmerman when the 22 year old black man that murdered Daniel Adkins at a Taco Bell in Phoenix, Arizona drove away from the scene of the crime and was never even charged. Obama didn't even bother to get the FBI involved, it was just a half hispanic guy that was killed anyway

Would you like actual statistics on how many people are shot to death every day?

This is not about Obama.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

If he lied to the court.

Isn't that perjury?

That depends on what the definition of "is" is.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

If he lied to the court.

Isn't that perjury?

That depends on what the definition of "is" is.

Well - ya know - the courts tend to frown on being lied to or deceived.

Blaming that on anyone but GZ himself - - - seems pretty ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

. . . don't you think we can give this guy a little slack?

There is a dead 17 year old kid who was walking home from a convenience store.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Or is it that there is a man being wrongfully charged for defending himself as allowed by Florida Law?

That is the entire point of a trial. To figure out which is which. NONE of us know SQUAT yet! Every darn post is based on pur speculation and worse of all? PREJUDICE!

Just in case you doubt that please read the definition below.

prej·u·dice (prj-ds)
n.
a. An adverse judgment or opinion formed beforehand or without knowledge or examination of the facts.
b. A preconceived preference or idea.
2. The act or state of holding unreasonable preconceived judgments or convictions. See Synonyms at predilection.
3. Irrational suspicion or hatred of a particular group, race, or religion.
4. Detriment or injury caused to a person by the preconceived, unfavorable conviction of another or others.
tr.v. prej·u·diced, prej·u·dic·ing, prej·u·dic·es
1. To cause (someone) to judge prematurely and irrationally. See Synonyms at bias.
2. To affect injuriously or detrimentally by a judgment or an act.

Definition was taken from the free online dictionary.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Not really. They're perfectly fine with people lying, just so long as you have the political clout or money to pay the judge. Just look at what happened in the John Edwards case. You don't think there was corruption, lies, etc.?

I still don't think bail should be set based on a person's bank account. It should be based on the charge and the thread of leaving. Clearly, he wasn't going anywhere.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Agreed, But that 17 year old kid was recently kicked out of school for beating up his bus driver. He wasnt some innocent child. We keep getting shown a picture of the much younger versions of these two which make GZ look much meaner and TM much softer and nicer. The current pictures of them paint a very different picture. And I never said the charges were trumped up. I meant that the media escalated this into a racial frenzy. It is obvious that your ready to lock up GZ tomorrow by your attitude. It doesnt matter if he did or did not get back in his car. Why does that matter at all? Would you have? Read some more about him. He did get back in his car the first couple of times this kind of thing happened and the people got away. His job was to protect his neighborhood and when people get away and keep returning to do more damage thats not helping. Welcome to the real world. In the real world, I dont want my neighborhood watch guy giving up so easy. And I think he had ever right to ask the kid what he was doing and if said kid got hostile which from his track record he more than likely did then there is your answer. Bottom line is that the media caused this to become a racist issue when it more than likely wasnt. Hell it was dark and the kid was wearing a hoodie. How would he even know he was black, white or green?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I still don't think bail should be set based on a person's bank account. It should be based on the charge and the thread of leaving. Clearly, he wasn't going anywhere.
'

OK - we all know "money talks".

I don't think anyone can factually state GZ wasn't going anywhere. He does have family in another country.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Agreed, But that 17 year old kid was recently kicked out of school for beating up his bus driver.

A 17 year old kid was walking home from a convenient store and is now dead. He was innocent in his actions at that time.

GZ's actions created and escalated as situation that never needed to happen.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

No one can 100% say that any criminal wouldnt flee. But given his track record of being VERY cooperative to date, and wearing an ankle bracelet and being monitored dont ya think that might make him less of a flight risk? He has given NO indication that he plans on fleeing and if he were going to he would have when they didnt know where he was before he turned himself in. That is the whole point. That is what the judge is suppose to look at. This is only a formality anyway. He will be right back out only with a higher bail set. Does that mean he is less likely to run? No but they will get more money from him this way. Its all a joke. This whole thing is a big dog and pony show to keep from having a race riot on their hands. The MSM has turned this into a three ring circus.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Agreed, But that 17 year old kid was recently kicked out of school for beating up his bus driver.

A 17 year old kid was walking home from a convenient store and is now dead. He was innocent in his actions at that time.

GZ's actions created and escalated as situation that never needed to happen.

Jeez.. Are you that naive? This neighborhood had had break ins, The police had been called many times. This kid was walking in the dark, alone at night and took off when the neighborhood watch tried to talk to him. You dont see how this could be suspicious? Really? I would, I would want to know about someone I didnt recognize roaming my neighborhood at night. Wouldnt you? Or are you ok with break ins and vandalism? You cannot be that naive. Seriously.. All he had to do was say, "Sir" and yes that word is important. He should "Sir, I live here and I am heading home and this is my address". Or something along those lines and I bet you money he would have been fine. Instead My guess is he got an attitude and they got into it. And yes I am basing this on the fact that his pictures make him look like he is trying to be "Gangsta" and he obviously has some anger issues because he has been in trouble for those issues. But bottom line, It was a bad situation, yes he got shot, yes its a tragedy, but should GZ go to jail for it? I say Hell No. He was within his rights to ask the kid what he was doing there, and if attacked which it looks like he was, he had every right under the law to defend himself with the gun he purchased and had permits for and was trained to use. He was defending his neighborhood just like people have done for Generations. Ask yourself this. If it had been a white kid would we even have heard about it? But stop being so naive to think this is the nice little kid that plays in the yard on a swing set.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

OK - we all know "money talks".

I don't think anyone can factually state GZ wasn't going anywhere. He does have family in another country.

Agreed, but that's the nature of BAIL, is it not? If he was a threat to run, why didn't he? If he was a threat to be out in public, why was he? See my point. You think he's guilty, and you've already convicted him. I'm waiting for the facts before the ACCUSED is GUILTY.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Jeez.. Are you that naive? This neighborhood had had break ins,

Naive? Not at all.

GZ had zero authority or reason to approach TM directly.

GZ is fully 100% responsible for escalating the situation that resulted in death.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

You don't need some BS "authority's" permission to approach someone in the neighborhood. Contrary to liberal brainwashing, you don't need a badge to try and protect your neighborhood.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Annee

You don't need some BS "authority's" permission to approach someone in the neighborhood. Contrary to liberal brainwashing, you don't need a badge to try and protect your neighborhood.

I was a member of my neighborhood watch. I KNOW what their rules are.

GZ - - went to the neighborhood watch presentation. He also KNOWS what the rules are.

And he broke them.

But - that's OK - - keep coming with the excuses it was OK for him to track TM down and personally confront him.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

This is a joke of a case. I think bond should be based on the individual's threat to society and ability to run, not based on whether or not the courts can extort more money from the ACCUSED.

If he lied to the court.

Isn't that perjury?

First are you just looking for an excuse to put the guy away? Isnt he in enough trumped up trouble?

Trumped up charges?

GZ is the one who did not get back in his car and go home. The courts will decide who did what.

FACT: GZ created and escalated the situation resulting in a death. That is the only real FACT we know. Other then a 17 year old kid is dead.

"GZ created and escalated the situation resulting in a death."

That is not a fact. That is an assumption/opinion that was told by the media on day one and perpetuated by everyone who instantly thought him guilty of vicious murder.
edit on 1-6-2012 by primus2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by primus2012

GZ created and escalated the situation resulting in a death.

That is not a fact. That is an assumption/opinion that was told by the media on day one and perpetuated by everyone who instantly thought him guilty of vicious murder.

Oh Yes! That is a FACT.

One of the only ones.
edit on 1-6-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Don't forget he was carrying skittles and iced-tea and was skipping along singing the Smurfs song..."la la lalalala la lala la la"

It's just not true that he attacked George and was beating the tar out of him. That's just not possible and all the evidence that points to that just simply can't be true because...well ABC told me so and they wouldn't lie.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join