It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prosecutors: Revoke Zimmerman's bond

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Prosecutors: Revoke Zimmerman's bond

www.cnn.com

(CNN) -- Prosecutors in Florida asked a judge Friday to revoke bond for George Zimmerman, who is charged with second-degree murder in the death of Trayvon Martin.

Prosecutors argued that Zimmerman "misrepresented, misled and deceived the court" during an April bond hearing about whether he had a U.S. passport and about his family's financial circumstances.

Meanwhile, Zimmerman's defense team and prosecutors will be on the same side in court Friday afternoon fighting media companies' request to release more information in the case.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related: ATS Thread

edit on 1-6-2012 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Well this story has been all over the web and MSM and my opinion is simple on the matter, I wasn't there therefore I can't pass judgment. So I will keep this fairly simple.

Zimmerman has death threats out against him by various groups, most famous being "the Black Panthers". It looks like they want to get him for second degree murder, if he's convicted he's going to be in a world of hurt in prison.

Martin, 17, was shot to death February 26 while walking in a Sanford, Florida, neighborhood where he was staying during a visit with his father. Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch volunteer, told police he shot the teenager in self-defense.

Self defense? That might very well be the case, or the man is a racist one way or the other he will be convicted though..

-SAP-

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Looks like they got their wish....

A judge revoked the bond of the neighborhood watch voulnteer charged with killing 17-year-old Trayvon Martin. Prosecutors said in a motion filed Friday that George Zimmerman misled them about his finances when testifying during a bail hearing that allowed him to be released from jail on a $150,000 bond.

www.foxnews.com...
edit on 6/1/12 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure there is a super thread for the whole Trayvon-Zimmerman thing.
So this will probably be closed.
As for my opinion on the matter, yes they should revoke his bond.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
We know
It is a very dumb thing.
The money that has been collected
will help the tax payers and the state
for zimmermans defense fund.
For more in depth decisions.
The zimmerman files with updates.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Lol he managed to raise $200,000 off of a website? He has more support then I thought.

Zimmerman's attorney said several days later that he had discovered his client had raised more than $200,000 from a website. That money wasn't disclosed at the bond hearing.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

-SAP-

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719

Oh really?
Cause the mob wants his head?
He has an ankle bracelet, he is no
flight risk. He has to call in from his home phone
5 times a day..

EVERYONE HAS A RIGHT TO A FAIR BOND AND TRIAL

There just going to have to give him another
one, this is stupid a waste of tax payers money..

Realize as soon as he goes in 1-2 days
he will have a new bond hearing
and will be able to get out.
There just double taxing him
it is not justice or fair..
edit on 1-6-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Why couldnt he be racist, and have been defending himself? The only thing I could find him guilty of, if I was a member of his peers as a juror, is manslaughter. He made the decision to intervene, which caused him to have to defend himself. Beyond that, racist or not racist, the evidence suggests he was most likely on the defense. So how he got there, whether by being racist or not, means nothing. If he defended himself, he defended himself. If he as racist, then defended himself, he still defended himself. Manslaughter is all they could possibly get.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Originally posted by GmoS719

Oh really?
Cause the mob wants his head?
He has an ankle bracelet, he is no
flight risk. He has to call in from his home phone
5 times a day..

EVERYONE HAS A RIGHT TO A FAIR BOND AND TRIAL

There just going to have to give him another
one, this is stupid a waste of tax payers money..

Realize as soon as he goes in 1-2 days
he will have a new bond hearing
and will be able to get out.
There just double taxing him
it is not justice or fair..

His bond was given based on lies and deception.
I'm not against giving him another bond hearing.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Oblivious to what is even going on
i'll be here www.abovetopsecret.com... anyone has the
gall to debate

later

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

I am not disagreeing with you, he very well could have been a racist and still acted on self defense. He made the choice in the end to step in and get involved, he knew there would be an investigation as well. I think if he was really guilty and just randomly shot Martin he wouldn't be so cooperative like he has been.

-SAP-

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
reply to post by GmoS719

Oblivious to what is even going on
i'll be here www.abovetopsecret.com... anyone has the
gall to debate

later

And you aren't oblivious?
As if you were in the know about anything. Get real.
You know nothing more about the case then the MSM and Youtbe have told you already.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
It seems certain that Zimmerman has some racist (or at the least prejudiced) attitudes.
So do I. Put me in the dark on a street in Compton I am going to be on edge and assume that a skinny white boy is in danger in an all black gang infested neighborhood at night. Call me prejudiced but I will rebuke that with "yeah but I am not a racist".

Given that I have yet to meet anyone of ANY race or economic class that is not prejudiced I have a question that no one has yet asked.

Does being a prejudiced or does even being a full blow racist mean that he is instantly guilty of murder?

If I was a racist and I was attacked by a minority and killed them in self defense will I go down in a court of law because somewhere in cyberspace or at a backyard party I used a racial slur?

Racism has NOTHING to do with a self defense case. The only thing that counts are; 1. Was he in fear of his life and defending himself, or, 2. Did he kill a black kid because he hates blacks and was never attacked?

As I have gotten older and not as strong and vicious as I once was I would shoot anyone that intended me harm if there was a single doubt I might lose. Never forget a single punch can kill......

This case is not about racism. It is about was Zimmerman attacked and was he afraid he could be killed.

edit on 1-6-2012 by Mamatus because: speeeeling

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
Why couldnt he be racist, and have been defending himself? The only thing I could find him guilty of, if I was a member of his peers as a juror, is manslaughter. He made the decision to intervene, which caused him to have to defend himself. Beyond that, racist or not racist, the evidence suggests he was most likely on the defense. So how he got there, whether by being racist or not, means nothing. If he defended himself, he defended himself. If he as racist, then defended himself, he still defended himself. Manslaughter is all they could possibly get.

I agree.

People keep bringing up "he was racist" factor, which may or may not be true.

But it is not against the law to be racist.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
This is a joke of a case. I think bond should be based on the individual's threat to society and ability to run, not based on whether or not the courts can extort more money from the ACCUSED.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

I agree. What's done already is done, so the next step is the trial. Then we can see the real outcome and maybe get a look at some solid evidence in this case.

-SAP-

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful

I wasn't there therefore I can't pass judgment.

Self defense? That might very well be the case, or the man is a racist one way or the other he will be convicted though..

Need I say more?
edit on 1-6-2012 by LeoStarchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
This is a joke of a case. I think bond should be based on the individual's threat to society and ability to run, not based on whether or not the courts can extort more money from the ACCUSED.

If he lied to the court.

Isn't that perjury?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
My opinion is that if the MSM had not grabbed this and turned it into a racist matter because they "thought" they had something. This would never have made it national, it would have not gone to trial and Zimmerman's life would not be ruined. And make no mistake about it. The MSM did this, The MSM got him arrested and His life is ruined if he even lives a life after this. The guy probably was attacked, and he probably did shoot in self defense but the MSM didnt paint it that way to start with and they got all the minority groups all riled up and now Zimmerman is going to pay the price. He may not be a saint but I dont believe for one second that he deserves all of this mess. And so far he has done nothing but cooperated and tried to show his side. I think this is where the MSM needs to be accountable and step up and fix what they caused.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3

If he lied to the court.

Isn't that perjury?

First are you just looking for an excuse to put the guy away? Isnt he in enough trumped up trouble? But no. I do not think your sworn in and under oath at that point. And we dont know the circumstances here really. I have a feeling his financials were a moving target with all the money coming in for his defense. But lets not try to add insult to injury. That and if a president can lie to a grand jury and not go to jail dont you think we can give this guy a little slack?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join