It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul's Biggest Supporter at Bilderberg?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I don't know how relevant this is or whether Peter Theil is a big donor to the Ron Paul campaign. Just found it interesting that many at the Bilderberg protest are Ron Paul supporters, yet it seems Peter Theil will be at the event this weekend.

The largest donor to a SuperPAC supporting Ron Paul is Peter Thiel, the sort of ultra-wealthy, super-national figure Paul and his supporters love to hate.
Thiel -- who gave $900,000 to the pro-Paul group Endorse Liberty -- made his fortune as the co-founder of PayPal; he was also an early investor in Facebook, and is now a major player in the world of high-tech venture capital. He's also a devoted libertarian and devoted Republican: He hosted a fundraiser for the confrontational gay conservative group GOProud at his grand apartment off Union Square in 2010.

www.buzzfeed.com...
www.bilderbergmeetings.org...

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

If this is true, then wouldn't that make RP's minions hypocrites?

Nahhhh. They're in a class of their own.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Does bilderberg have a sense of humor? sounds like they are trolling...

"wait to those conspiracy nuts see this"

or maybe chaos in the republican party serves the goal of getting Obama re-elected...

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by woodwardjnr

If this is true, then wouldn't that make RP's minions hypocrites?

Nahhhh. They're in a class of their own.

Nah. Paul supporters are just like everyone else. Some good, some bad, some hypocrites, and so on.

I for one can definitely understand the allure of being invited to participate in the Bilderberg meetings (just as with other quasi-governmental organizations like the CFR here in the US), but I'll admit it also scares the jeebers out of me.

I don't believe by any stretch that all who attend are bad people - but that is a large consortium of very rich and connected private interests who are all interested primarily in looking out for #1...which is one reason Thiel interests me, participating in this, as the general consensus of Bilderberg-related activities is one usually supporting a heavier or more-involved hand of government.

Take care.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Name-calling aside, I'd like to know what the truth is here.

Another thread claims that the Bilderberg boys want RP dead.

Yet, Thiel is there?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Did you miss this reply from another thread entitled: PayPal Founder Donates 2 million to Ron Paul,

Originally posted by MsAphrodite

The donor, Peter Thiel, gave the money to a PAC that supports Ron Paul, NOT directly to his campaign. Ebay now owns Paypal. Link

this page

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 1-6-2012 by dreamingawake because: quote

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

As with anything, apply grains of salt liberally.

First off, the claims may or may not be true. And even then, very few groups have entirely unanimous thoughts amongst all members anyway (even including Ron Paul supporters!). It would definitely be nice to know for sure one way or the other, but I would assume - possible general consensus to see Ron Paul dead or no - there are good sensible people at Bilderberg, and in all other groups as well.

So as with most things, I have to leave it at "Anything is possible".

Be well.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Maybe he is the source?
or maybe he could be...

Or maybe his donation was an attempted purchase.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

Well, to be fair, I never even saw that thread.

Thanks for trying to belittle me regardless.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Thank you for being respectful.

I'll grab a page from that book.

I'm frustrated about this whole process and nothing more. I'm frustrated with American politics in general. I'm frustrated that it gets to a point where even I resort to name-calling. What a trap.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Well, to be fair, I never even saw that thread.

Thanks for trying to belittle me regardless.

Belittle? No, sir, no beef here. Just helping and "denying Ignorance".

But since most people won't acknowledge it thanks however.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I'm non the wiser. I came across the article and posted it. I put a question mark at the end because I didn't know the full story, so wasn't drawing too many conclusions.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Thank you for being respectful.

I'll grab a page from that book.

Of course - and please, make copies and pass that page around to everyone you meet!

I'm frustrated about this whole process and nothing more. I'm frustrated with American politics in general. I'm frustrated that it gets to a point where even I resort to name-calling. What a trap.

I absolutely understand and agree. Anymore it seems little more than distraction and division with the various sides appealing to certain emotional issues of their followers while maintaining an overall path and *apparent* agenda, one which I don't really care for at all.

In fact, this line you utter very well sums my feelings up...and this is why I am cognitive dissonance.

Keep your head up, and just always work for the best while realizing that we'll all in this together.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

I'm non the wiser. I came across the article and posted it. I put a question mark at the end because I didn't know the full story, so wasn't drawing too many conclusions.

Fair enough.

The issue is thrown around a lot apparently rarely looked into it and put to use as cannon fotter.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
makes sense keep your friends close, enemies closer. Im starting to wonder about the whole ron paul thing anyways. seems he would make a great scapegoat for all the problems our country and the world are faced with.
Corrupt federal reserve, that is destroying economy's world wide and here's a man that wants to stop them. so why wouldn't TPTB want to let this guy slide in make him look like the people choice and he would be to blame when everything come tumbling down right? the system is already failing no one wants to take credit for it but If ron wipes it out its a win win for TPTB is it not?

Switch over to a gold based currency again, but does america have any gold to base the currency on? with all the corruption it wouldn't surprise me if fort knox is empty.

society is running rampant and and the federal government has their fingers in everything, and here's a guy that wants to take government out and let the states have the power back. so washington gets to sit back and wipe their hands clean as local governments struggle to bring people back down to earth.

If he was to get brought in and all his policies fail i think it would set up a easy intro to nwo,

Thanks for sharing story S&F

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
YES I WAS THERE I ADMIT IT,,,,SO WHAT?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Ron Paul minions as you call them are not about the candidate nor the party, but rather about the voting record.

If Ron Paul gets elected and he starts to change his voting pattern from his last 3 decades for smaller gov't than most likely Ron Paul supporters would stop supporting him. Unlike the GOP and DNC followers who keep overlooking: flip flopping, broken promises, voting against the party ideals, and ignoring numerous questionable circumstances where the politician and special interest groups always appear to be on the winning side.

Yep , those pesky Ron Paul minions don't like to overlook lies,broken promises, flip flopping on issues regardless who or what party is elected.

A minion is a follower devoted to serve his/her master relentlessly. So who is really the minion? Ron Paul has held the same stance on most of the issues and has a consistent voting record for several decades so if you believe in the message why wouldn't you support him.

Yet the GOP has gone against its party ideals much like the DNC and yet they have a loyal party following regardless of the candidates lies,broken promises,or corruption?

Yep, those Ron Paul minions.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Ron Paul accepted money from white supremacists but he explicitly stated he doesn't agree with them. I don't see why he would turn down the donation from this guy.

As for the Bilderberg "RP threat" itself, it is classic disinfo. They obviously know this wacky old guy Jim tucker follows them around everywhere and so all they have to do is feed the info to him and he'll run it right back to Alex Jones who will immediately give it to the truth-seeker masses, not knowing whether there is any real truth to it or not. If the elite are going to take out Ron Paul it will be through a secret method to make it look like a natural death, because that's the best way to kill off an old man(see Pope John Paul I).

new topics

top topics

join