It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News! AP - Associated Press Arrives at Bilderberg 2012 Meeting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Breaking News!

Associated Press has just arrived at the Bilderberg Meeting [1:20pm (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)]

I wonder how they'll cover the event, I find it significant that someone from the MSM has arrived to cover the meeting.

Violations of the Logan Act and the sheer fact it's a secret meeting between prominent individuals from several different industries and backgrounds.

I just wonder if they'll be any spin associated with the coverage, or if they'll merely make it a news piece about the protesters themselves as opposed to the meeting itself.
edit on 6/1/2012 by PuRe EnErGy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy

I just wonder if they'll be any spin associated with the coverage,

You mean like only being there to make Jones look like a nut harassing a bunch of private citizens having a private meeting and making all the protestors out to be another "terror group" that needs to be watched at home?

Nah..... The MSM would never do anything like that.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by PuRe EnErGy

The cops just arrested a guy for stepping off the curb onto the street.........................sigh

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
ive seen msm at these meetings on tv,and they just mull over it like it is nothing! just a comment about it,then a mention about 'conspiracy theorists think....',and make us out like whack jobs!

'nothing to see here t.v. sheeple',
'now heres tom with the weather'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

The cops just arrested a guy for stepping off the curb onto the street.........................sigh

To be fair he walked right up to them, I would have gone in the completely opposite direction

but yes, I find it ridiculous that they deem it necessary to arrest people for such trivial infractions such as stepping into the street .. they've got nothing better to do than make trivial arrests but guaranteed if they had the legal authority to arrest everyone they would.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Yea, he may have stepped off towards them, but the way I saw it, he stepped off onto the street to get around everyone who was crowding the sidewalk/curb. Valid point though.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Oh, to be a fly on the wall at one of these meetings.....I've been wondering for *years* what they're up to in there.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Why the police, paid by taxpayer money, is providing security for a PRIVATE event of a PRIVATE group?

If this PRIVATE Bilderberg group wants security for their meeting, shouldn't they contract a PRIVATE security firm?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLontra
Why the police, paid by taxpayer money, is providing security for a PRIVATE event of a PRIVATE group?

If this PRIVATE Bilderberg group wants security for their meeting, shouldn't they contract a PRIVATE security firm?

We don't know who are paying those police. Police often provide security for large events, and they are paid for by the event organizers. I have done it many, many times. A few of those times were extremely large forces requiring basically every off-duty officer in the area.

In addition, even if they are on-duty, it is still part of their job to be where the action is at, and ready to respond.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLontra

They're so lucky they get the best of both worlds..

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
A woman was just slammed to the ground and arrested.

Dan Dicks or someone at the protest caught it on camera.
Once it gets posted I'll link to the video here.

and a vet was arrested yesterday and *apparently* was forced to take a vaccine. (I cannot confirm the vaccine story)

EDIT: There is apparently a youtube video about the vaccine.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Absolutely amazing coverage today from WeAreChange.

WeAreChange Live Feed

They had "activist idol" today where people signed up to bullhorn the Bilderberg Conference... it was somewhat ridiculous but with more organization I bet Simon Cowell would have endorsed it hahaha

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

At suppertime, someone showed up to say that the same person was arrested again right after the video was filmed. That he tried to get bail for his veteran friend and was refused. The man who is a veteran will be in jail until Monday. Can someone confirm this? Why was he re-arrested? And this story of the forced innoculation is really something that should not be left without further follow-up, imo.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by aboutface

At suppertime, someone showed up to say that the same person was arrested again right after the video was filmed. That he tried to get bail for his veteran friend and was refused. The man who is a veteran will be in jail until Monday. Can someone confirm this? Why was he re-arrested? And this story of the forced innoculation is really something that should not be left without further follow-up, imo.

Well it is a statement made by the individual himself, so take it for what it's worth.
It would be a difficult thing to prove either way without a blood sample.

and yes I heard he was re-arrested and denied bail as well.
edit on 6/3/2012 by PuRe EnErGy because: (no reason given)

top topics

join