It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are crop circles the work of alien visitors?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The sun sets on a field in southern England. When it rises again the following morning, that field has been transformed into an enormous work of art. A large section of the crop has been tamped into a pattern of circles, rings and other intricate geometric shapes. But who created it?

Are crop circles the work of alien visitors? Are they a natural phenomenon, created by electrically charged currents of air? Or are they elaborate hoaxes. Could it come from
another dimension.? I'm still not sure. So if anyboby got any info or any ideas let me know. We were walking in the country last year and came to a field flatend in bit's. We were not sure if it was a crop cirle. But if it was you could only see it from the air. So if its all the work of hoaxes. how can they get a aerial view.? Cause they only look good from the air.?
edit on 1-6-2012 by terry456 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Aliens do it just to wind us up.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I think maybe it's the work of a Military satellite that has microwave capabilities. Why you see influx of crop circles usually in the summer months could be when they decide to calibrate it. The programmer could be having a little fun on our behalf with the complex designs. As the years go on the circles get more elaborate meaning the satellites software could also be becoming more elaborate.

Just a thought.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
I think maybe it's the work of a Military satellite that has microwave capabilities. Why you see influx of crop circles usually in the summer months could be when they decide to calibrate it. The programmer could be having a little fun on our behalf with the complex designs. As the years go on the circles get more elaborate meaning the satellites software could also be becoming more elaborate.

Just a thought.

Crop circles were first reported in 1686 in England. So there really isn't much of a chance that satellites are responsible.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Probably just these guys.

youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Just a thought.

Crop circles were first reported in 1686 in England. So there really isn't much of a chance that satellites are responsible.

Those circles were not elaborate and can be explained by strange weather phenomenon such as dust devils.

The early drawings that I've seen only show a circle in the field not the pictures and patterns like you find today. As our technology grows so does the size and design of these crop circles. Coincidence? Who knows?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22
reply to post by buster2010

Probably just these guys.

youtu.be...

I would say that a majority are man made but there are some that due to differences between them that simply cannot be man made. In some none of the plants are broken and the plants themselves are interwoven also the edges are prefect not rough outlines like with the man made ones. Others are simply too large and too complex for a group of people to do them in one night without leaving any traces of them being there. Not to mention the radiation that is left behind. So far there has been two types of radiation detected at some crop circles microwave and electromagnetic. Not to mention the nodes on the plants are elongated this is something that a person with a board simply cannot do.

If I were a farmer and people did that to my crops I would sue their butts off for the loss of that part of the crop. Because it isn't right to mess with someones livelihood just for pranks.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Just a thought.

Those circles were not elaborate and can be explained by strange weather phenomenon such as dust devils.

The early drawings that I've seen only show a circle in the field not the pictures and patterns like you find today. As our technology grows so does the size and design of these crop circles. Coincidence? Who knows?

Good point. Who knows what the circles will look like in a hundred or so years. If we haven't killed ourselves off by then.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I think some of them are so complicated and well done I can't imagine anyone could go out there and do that. Anything is possible...Has anyone seen any crop circles where they screwed up?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Sunglower

Some could be if aliens are out there, others not. However, their complexity is not necessarily not human, however, it cannot be done with a truck for sure, though from the air it may be possible with some technology.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

The sun sets on a field in southern England. When it rises again the following morning, that field has been transformed into an enormous work of art. A large section of the crop has been tamped into a pattern of circles, rings and other intricate geometric shapes. But who created it?
Are crop circles the work of alien visitors? Are they a natural phenomenon, created by electrically charged currents of air? Or are they elaborate hoaxes perpetrated by savvy, talented and very determined circlemakers? Believers and naysayers each have their own theories, but the truth remains elusive.

do you write anything yourself??

looking forward to tomorrows cut and paste...

edit on 6/4/2012 by howmuch4another because: boncho is smart

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Here is the latest Crop Circle from UK

This crop circle was found in Manton Drove near Marlborough in Wiltshire, United Kingdom on Saturday, 2nd June 2012.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
If aliens are doing this then it is little more than alien graffiti. If any alien wanted to tell us something this is an endless number of better ways of doing so.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by terry456

Are crop circles the work of alien visitors? Are they a natural phenomenon, created by electrically charged currents of air? Or are they elaborate hoaxes. Could it come from
another dimension.? I'm still not sure. So if anyboby got any info or any ideas let me know. We were walking in the country last year and came to a field flatend in bit's. We were not sure if it was a crop cirle. But if it was you could only see it from the air. So if its all the work of hoaxes. how can they get a aerial view.? Cause they only look good from the air.?
=

some illegal aliens do do these things as well as more legitimate visitors and even locals.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by icey7

I think the older crop circles from decades ago are more likely to be non-human because back then not everyone could make them and now it is possible that lots of fans start doing such things.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967
If any alien wanted to tell us something this is an endless number of better ways of doing so.

This is why crop circles aren't done by aliens. It is obvious ever since people in Texas were seeing UFOs in the 1890s that they described as flying bails of hay that were on fire, that aliens did not want to tell us anything. They crashed at Roswell which opened up a gate for information, especially after the aliens seemed to be the most active during the 70s and into the 80s and 90s. However crop circles probably developed from the existence of trace landing sites by UFOs, thats all, there were some trace landings sites and people took it to great lengths, making designs in crop fields. If Roswell didn't happen, which appears to be a complete accident of the aliens running into lightening, we probably wouldn't know anything.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by terry456

Wow...just realizing that you seem to just plagiarize and steal almost all of your threads,,,,

science.howstuffworks.com...

top topics

join