It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US officials confirm Stuxnet was a joint US-Israeli op

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I find this photo of the spread of Duqu interesting.

Looks like a satellite orbital path.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
These governments are IDIOTS!!!

Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean that one SHOULD do it! We can manufacture plagues - but should we? We can control the weather - but should we? We can modify DNA - but should we? We can intiatiate nuclear fission/fusion - but should we?

There are unforeseen and certainly unintended consequences that result from wielding such power and technology. For a recent example, simply look at what the "Green" energy industry has given us in the wake of Fukishima. These power-mongers in government suffer from something psychologists call the "Personal Fallacy" - the notion that bad things happen to other people or not at all, but never to them. As a result, they see the Pollyanish potential that this power gives them, without ever contemplating the long-term destruction it could cause. As a result, mankind as a whole suffers.

I am living in a world that I understand less each and every day.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Since norton logged a whole slew of stuxnet infections in Japan just at the time of fucushima, www.abovetopsecret.com... because Japan had just ( prior to Fucushima) stated support in opposoition to one of Israel Israels horrendous actions, and because the gear that failed is typically regarded as tagets for the stuxnet virus, there is serious suspicion that fucushima is really a result of that virus preventing a proper respons to the environmental situation of the day

remember who to thank while the whole northern hemisphere dies horribly when gravity finishes what stuxnet started

remember it well only the devil's chosen spawn could do something this EVIL

that is your raptur calling

edit on 1-6-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
reply to post by BomSquad

What is most interesting is that the administration has come out and confirmed what everyone already knew. There is no plausible deniability left here.

Obama signs terrorists' death warrants. Obama orders Iran cyberwarfare campaign.

Yet Mr. Obama concluded that when it came to stopping Iran, the United States had no other choice.

www.nytimes.com...

Elections coming up maybe?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

"idiots" is far far too nice a word
in fact there is no word to describe what is doing this stuff
there is no description for this low cowardice and greedy INBRED retardedness that does it justice

well, I know what i will be sticking arrows into for all eternity in the happy hunting ground

and they will be the kind of arrows you have to push all the way through to get the head out too

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

STUXnet was sent in through Koch Industries and Haliburton selling equipment to Iran. It setup a mapping project to learn the networks of the Iranian nuclear projects. It setup a network that would call out and get commands to download more software to embed. But then it was put into a higher gear with new updates for better and faster comunication. Then you have a discovery by Gareth Williams of some thing is going on. He is killed. You end up with a new president who then becomes a target by rogues who use this hidden hacking and spying. Koch Industries. Obama then has no choice but to weed out problems. You now have Anonymous. The UK finds News Corp neck deep in the secret world of hacking. Law suits begin in the UK. News Corp still protected in the US by the Right. Ireland who is also involved met with Obama just befor his visit to the UK and the News Corp trials. And no I don't think he is Irish. And then you have a flood of British journalist into the US MSM. Russia has there spys removed from US. Russia then sells the equipment to Iran to capture a drone. Obama shuts down the compnay in charge of the satellite being used with connection to Booz Allen, CIA OPnet. And I wonder if the Cohen brothers who run OPnet are related to Eliot Cohen who helped Bush start the Iraq war, The war on terror and the axis of evil. Iran North Korea and Iraq? That is the same time OPnet got there big career going in the war on terror.

Its all connected and will be interesting how they play it off. I see Bill Clinton is begining to complain about Obama attacking some of the people involved his way of saying keep it secret so we can still use it.

And there are more countries involved. France, Sarkozy and Siemens. UK, David Cameron and Serco. US, Bush and Haliburton/Koch Industries/News Corp. Germany, Merkel.
edit on 1-6-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
reply to post by jjf3rd77

I think they should be ashamed.

The Internet is a medium for billions of people. Now they will 'wage war' on it. Sort of like bombing weddings because a member of Al Qaeda or one of their relatives is there.

The Internet is not theirs to use without hesitation. They will end up destroying the very last communication medium we have that doesn't rely on middlemen to edit and produce content.

No, I refuse to give the like of these warmongering businessmen my "kudos" for taking yet another tool they don't own, and weaponizing it for their profiteering and entertainment.
edit on 1-6-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

Much like drones, first used for surveillance and then weaponized to deliver incredible killing efficiency, it was only going to be a matter of time before we started to hear how the internet is fast becoming a revolution in military affairs (RMA). The application of 'internet technology' to fight the Wars on Terror and preclude nation states from producing weapons-grade uranium is a logical step from the perspective of the military tacticians. We all use the internet to varying ends, from the nefarious to the near saintly, and I think that the next policy-changing 'terrorist' act will utilize the internet to carry it out. It could be argued that the collective of hackers known as Anonymous are the first cyber-terrorists as their reign of information disseminating terror continues and 'weapons' like Stuxnet are the first of many more items in a nation state's cyber armory.
edit on 1-6-2012 by LarryLove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I, for one, applaud this effort. Much better than WWII

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
reply to post by hp1229

STUXnet was sent in through Koch Industries and Haliburton selling equipment to Iran. It setup a mapping project to learn the networks of the Iranian nuclear projects. It setup a network that would call out and get commands to download more software to embed. But then it was put into a higher gear with new updates for better and faster comunication.

My understanding is that tenXUTS eventually got into Iran's Natanz 3nrichm3nt facility by exploiting the intrinsic nature of Human curiousity. Mossad operatives left hundreds of USB flash memory storage devices, containing the tenXUTS code, in parks, universities, restaurants and other public places in Iran. Many of these flash memory sticks were inserted into computers by those curious about it's content. It took a little while, but the code eventually found the Siemens controllers it was designed to infect.

I urge y'all to check out my thread from 4/25 about RuggedCom. I believe it is germane, and adds to, the discussion here...

"RuggedCom is a Canadian company (recently acquired by Siemens) that manufactures electronic equipment used in sensitive military and industrial "mission-critical" communication networks that operate power grids, railway traffic control systems and manufacturing facilities. Apparently, all versions of the Rugged Operating System, created by RuggedCom, had a back-door vulnerability that cannot be disabled. It featured a static username, that could not be changed by customers, and a dynamically generated password based on the device's MAC address. This built-in feature was not disclosed to customers using their devices...."

LINK: www.abovetopsecret.com...

How's that for an unabashed attempt at being a star and flag whore Hahaha.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Another article regarding the topic:

U.S. Admits to Waging War Against Iran

If anybody else does to America what we’re doing to Iran right now, our national security types would describe it as open warfare.

According to all our stated descriptions of what we consider offensive cyber warfare to be, we are already at war with Iran — plain and simple. Remember that when Tehran engages in some “unprovoked aggression.”

I believe that the US is at WAR and engaging the 'enemy' as we speak. This cyber attack is no different than an actual pre-emptive strike. Its just thats its a digital strike.
edit on 6/3/2012 by Nspekta because: link

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
I, for one, applaud this effort. Much better than WWII

until they start hacking reactors and shutting off anything they can...

if they were to shut off the power at a pathogens facility and one of those spread....hacking can be potentially WAY worse if they hack the right network.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nspekta
Another article regarding the topic:

U.S. Admits to Waging War Against Iran

If anybody else does to America what we’re doing to Iran right now, our national security types would describe it as open warfare.

According to all our stated descriptions of what we consider offensive cyber warfare to be, we are already at war with Iran — plain and simple. Remember that when Tehran engages in some “unprovoked aggression.”

I believe that the US is at WAR and engaging the 'enemy' as we speak. This cyber attack is no different than an actual pre-emptive strike. Its just thats its a digital strike.
edit on 6/3/2012 by Nspekta because: link

It's funny (sad) that if stuxnet were to cause the radiation of fucushima to effect the US, that it is the bounceback of a US attack on Iran....
Guess god was on their side that day

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
More headlines....now talking about a possible backlash against US business...

Government role in Stuxnet could increase attacks against U.S. firms

A New York Times report on Friday about the U.S government's extensive involvement in the Stuxnet attacks against Iran is sure to trigger a sharp increase in state sponsored cyber attacks against American businesses and critical infrastructure targets, security experts warn.

The dramatic report in The Times described how President Obama, and his predecessor President Bush, had overseen the development of a secret and highly sophisticated U.S cyber campaign to disrupt and degrade Iranian nuclear capabilities.

The story, which quotes several unnamed sources, describes how Stuxnet was designed by security experts in Israel and the United States to disable centrifuges used to purify uranium at Iran's Natanz nuclear facility.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Obama ordered stuxnet

So, does this mean that Obama - only a few months into office ordering this - is now the great new Cyberlord that we should all bow down to?

Please don't hack us President Obama, or send us to Gitmo, or kill us with drones.

Aspire to godhood much?

Why is this coming out now? Political points?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I am surprised there isn't more interest in this...

It just goes to show you, if you want to bury a story, release it on a Friday...

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Oh No You Didn't: Mossad Agents Claim Obama Lying About Stuxnet

www.breitbart.com...

Israeli officials who were placed at risk by the Obama administration's leaks about the Stuxnet virus are disputing American claims that the cyber-weapon was jointly developed by the U.S. and Israel. Rather, they say, Israeli intelligence first started developing cyberspace warfare against Iran, only convincing the U.S.--with some difficulty--to join in. The Israelis allege that President Barack Obama claimed credit for Stuxnet to boost his re-election campaign.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

And bump of this thread ... As attack against Iran's nuclear program are officially still on the 'to do' list of Israel :

Training Israel's cyber warriors

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join