It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to sit out the Apocalypse in style?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I did a search on ATS to see if this has been posted, and I'm suprised it hasn't. I thought it would be nice to share this with all of ATS. So if there are any rich ATS members out there, this is the kind of apartment that you're looking for

Since these apartments are made from abandoned nuclear missile silo, I wonder about the possibility of radation left behind? I would be more worried about the Radiation because unlike the events they are hiding from, this is worst way to die. Slowly and painfully. I hope they all have a geiger counter before settling into their bunkers.

Built to withstand an atomic blast, even the most paranoid can find comfort inside concrete walls that are nine feet thick and stretch 174 feet (53 meters) underground.

It has been billed as the most luxurious way to sit out the apocalypse - and now all the $1 million apartments in an abandoned missile silo in Kansas have sold out.

Perhaps the buyers on the waiting list know something we don't.

The luxurious condos come with all the mod-cons, as well as a pool, a movie theater and a library - oh, and a guarantee that it will survive Doomsday if and when that fateful day comes.
For these luxury flats, deep below the Kansas prairie in the shaft of an abandoned missile silo, are meant to withstand everything from economic collapse and solar flares to terrorist attacks and pandemics.

Hall is also installing an indoor farm to grow enough fish and vegetables to feed 70 people for as long as they need to stay inside and also stockpiling enough dry goods to feed them for five years.

Source

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Resale value will be pretty good lol. On a serious note I would rather die than live in there I'm claustrophobic and besides if the people on the outside survive your screwed, your next 2 generations will spend time in 'the hole' no pun intended.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I get claustrophobic just by the thought of living 6 stories underground

Nice thread. if I had money coming out my butt and no other option I'd live there.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
could a house like that survive a DIRECT hit by a nuke?

like literally RIGHT on top of it?

and how long before the people inside could safely exit the house and leave?

maybe they should install a drill vehicle at the bottom (deepest part) of the house, in case its SO radioactive above that they need to drill several miles, to be able to dig up and climb out?

CX

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Nice idea, but i reckon a decent sized bunker buster could take that out.

CX.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Google 'missile silo homes for sale' and viola

Plenty of them still available for sale for less than a quarter million USD

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

The downside is that the government knows where each and every one is.

new topics

top topics

join