It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Shake Out...is your State ready for October 18th 2012?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I did a quick search and found this has been posted before, but I am not sure how many people are aware of it, as I just found out my state is participating in it just today. I am also not trying to be a fear monger, as I think knowledge is power. Since I have not been in an earthquake in 20+ years I plan to add this to my natural disaster preparedness, but coming across this while job searching made me think...

So my question is, why October 18th 2012 at 10:18 a.m.? Why so many states many of which have had very small earthquakes of which very little damage was done and not for 20 or so years! Do we really need an Earthquake Awareness month? Is there any significance to October?

Being the science minded person that I am I understand the need for awareness of what to do in an Earthquake. But I have not really seen enough convincing data that a "Big One" is headed our way (California, or the Pacific Northwest not so much they may need this!). Other than vague statements of like the Yellowstone caldera in 100 or even 1000 years

Is this just typical government worry propaganda or is this something else?

If there is some data that says a large Earthquake is overdue for the USA, do you panic people for something that could happen in 10 years from now or cautiously, slowly and methodically warn them so as not to create chaos? In the 50’s-60’s-70’s they did drills in schools and even businesses for nuclear war because this was a real threat at the time. Having been to California and then living in the Northwest I expect them to have drills but Nevada? Utah?

It does make me curious and it is good to be prepared but is this government over kill? Or should be ready to hang on to something?… www.shakeout.org...
edit on 1-6-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I don't know. but what I do know is. That is my birthday. And even worse, I turn 30. Maybe this whole 2012 thing has to do with me? I AM THE KEY! I knew it.

Not really though.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
All I got to say is it better not mess with my Halloween party,

Or the birth of my new baby coming in Oct. lol

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Huh, I live here in NY and just check the link and everythings covered except for the eastern US. To me, thats odd concidering that there have been earthquakes here.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mytheroy
All I got to say is it better not mess with my Halloween party,

Or the birth of my new baby coming in Oct. lol

I love halloween! Remember it is only a test! So maybe it will be in November?

edit on 1-6-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321
reply to post by abeverage

Huh, I live here in NY and just check the link and everythings covered except for the eastern US. To me, thats odd concidering that there have been earthquakes here.

Yeah that occurred to me too! No northeastern or southern states (except Nevada) and no South Eastern either??? B

But this is a Californian organization you know how they can be...LOL kidding

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
There's only several states doing it on this date. The central states are doing it in 2013 and that's where the 'big one' is suppose to happen (New Madrid). So I wouldn't worry or speculate about why some are doing it on 10/18/12, it's just a date that was chosen.

edit on 1-6-2012 by chrismicha77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Anyone who lives near the New Madrid which actually extends up through Ohio, south of Lake Ontario and along the St. Lawrence River should read the following:

poleshift.ning.com...

If Planet X does pass by earth over the next few months, the New Madrid adjustment will happen first, the government knows this, this is the reason for NDAA, FEMA camps to hold millions, laws to confiscate farms/supplies/businesses etc. It is expected to start with some smaller quakes, as is happening now, and end in one 7 Mag or much bigger.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I joined and did it last time around as did many schools and business's locally. Just good info especially geared towards preparations and drills.

www.shakeout.org...

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE
Anyone who lives near the New Madrid which actually extends up through Ohio, south of Lake Ontario and along the St. Lawrence River should read the following:

poleshift.ning.com...

If Planet X does pass by earth over the next few months, the New Madrid adjustment will happen first, the government knows this, this is the reason for NDAA, FEMA camps to hold millions, laws to confiscate farms/supplies/businesses etc. It is expected to start with some smaller quakes, as is happening now, and end in one 7 Mag or much bigger.

I am still not buying the Planet X conspiracy. I can't I view the skies daily and still no evidence that I can find to make me even remotely believe this.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Wasn't there an earthquake awareness event in Mexico a few months ago and they were hit with an earthquake they were expecting? It was also set at a very specific time as is here, 10:18am, and the earthquake was within a few minutes.

Going to look for that thread now. EDIT: Here it is,

Mexican Earthquake Mega-Simulation Drill Coincided With Earthquake; Was it HAARP?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 6/1/2012 by dymiox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dymiox

I did like the quote from another ATS member on there about HAARP's effects possibly being an offensive weapon instead of causing the quakes it might be lessening them!

Why do we always see the negative? If we had a way to create Earthquakes it could alleviate pressure build ups! Just like controlled burns help from catastrophic wild fires!
If we did have a way to “Cause” earthquakes you had better bet this certainly would not be announce (nor should it) to the general public! But maybe just maybe it would not be used for nefarious reasons!

But then that is all speculation...

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Nevada gets earthquakes all the time. In some cases they are swarms. I experienced a swarm in Reno a few years ago. Pretty scary

m.earthobservatory.nasa.gov...

top topics

join