It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Copyright board to charge for music at weddings, parades

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Excellent, if not predictable, find!

Of course, the problem is precisely what it has been all along... perpetual ownership of creative 'intellectual' property by third party businessmen...

Unless someone can tell me that there are artists who have actually come forward to state that they will not have their music played at weddings and other such events unless they are paid for it.

Imagine the hubris involved - "I have produced 'art' - wanna hear it? - PAY FIRST - you remember it? Then pay again!"

edit on 1-6-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

And that is exactly it.Copyright and patent law was never intended to give the holder or creator rights over it in perpetuity. These rights were intended to ultimately give the creators the an advantage for their efforts for a period of time, and encourage growth, diversity and innovation after the protection expired. We can all give Walt Disney a big thank you for the mess we have now and in the next few years they will again be lobbying Congress to keep the corporate stranglehold on the economy.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I'm waiting to see reports of the first person to be prosecuted by the copyright lawyers for whistling copyrighted tunes.

Seriously, it's got to be the logical conclusion to this madness. I mean, none of the money recovered in fines goes to the "artists" anyway. Most of it goes to the lawyers, not that most people would be shocked to discover that!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

ok, then we should PIRATE LIKE ITS GOING OUT OF STYLE......
you steal using invalid laws to secure wealth for yourselves....since really you won't give that money to the artists you collect it for....so we will pay you.,......

AND PIRATE LIKE HELL.........

In Spain we already pay two different agencies for copy right BS....so I have paid in full for what I STEAL.....yes...

I am a thief....as are you....let's see who can do more to whom.

Your ways are not honorable enough to offer me reproach....

I guess we all steal huh....
edit on 5-10-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join