Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Massive Bats Are Flying Around Massachusetts

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
If true then Mass. will have a lot less insects this year! Bats eat them in mass especially insects that fly at night like mosquitoes. What are you worried about bats are harmless and good for the environment. The rabies thing is way over blown...

edit on 6-6-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

The really really big bats don't eat insects, they eat fruit, but you're right about the rest

Unless it's a giant mutant local species, which might eat insects, but might also be radioactive or have growth hormone issues or something.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by ravenshadow13

After looking up and so suddenly and unexpectedly seeing a 4 foot wingspan bat flying above me without any warning here in mass,an area where bats with only up to 12-13 inch wingspans are known to live,i'm looking for unusually large bats all the time now whenever i go outside...

edit on 5-6-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

Wait the wingspan has now grown from 3 foot mentioned in your OP to 4 foot LOL? Not picking on you but your credibility wanes as to what you really saw and whether it was a bat or not... Plus your handle "blocula" as a take off of "Dracula" does not lend credibility to this either...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

After looking up and so suddenly and unexpectedly seeing a 4 foot wingspan bat flying above me without any warning here in mass,an area where bats with only up to 12-13 inch wingspans are known to live,i'm looking for unusually large bats all the time now whenever i go outside...

Wait the wingspan has now grown from 3 foot mentioned in your OP to 4 foot LOL? Not picking on you but your credibility wanes as to what you really saw and whether it was a bat or not... Plus your handle "blocula" as a take off of "Dracula" does not lend credibility to this either...

Do not tell him he contradicts himself. He has a photographic memory and remembers in PRECISE detail. The creature must actually be growing at that rate!!!

reply to post by THEDUDE86

Without trying to sound stuck up or conceited,i have a superior memory,a photographic memory

Clearly what we have is a case of him seeing something, deciding it's a bat, and it was not. Let's move on to something real now.
edit on 6-6-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
im live in the western part of mass haven't seen bats in years well havent heard any ether i should say

lol bocula is awfully close to dra-cula
i want to belive you op i know how spo0oky it can be in this libral wasteland we call home

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Heres the first line i typed in my opening post...

I saw an unusually large bat last night,here in massachusetts,with a wingspan of about 3 - 4 feet and whats really weird is the fact that bats in mass. dont get any larger than around a 1 foot wingspan...

And so i clearly stated then,that the bat i saw had a wingspan between 3 and 4 feet and after i typed my opening post,i took a 36 inch yard stick and balanced it up on a tall ladder,then walked away from it about 30-40 feet,the distance i saw the bat from and thats how i realized that it had a wingspan a lot wider than 3 feet and was actually closer to 4 feet across...

Blocula (the devils ballroom in sweden) is a word that was used during accounts and testimonies taken during witchcraft trials from mora sweden in 1669 and has nothing to do with dracula > bookdome.com...
edit on 6-6-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
So, are these bats somehow tied to this unearthing event? screen.yahoo.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
With all of the Fallout from Fukushima that's hit America.....plus all of our own radioactive releases to the atmosphere from our own nuclear reactors.....

It's plausible there's some mutant bats now. Monsanto's genetically modified crops with toxins in their DNA to kill bugs....also could have altered bats DNA seeing how they eat bugs who've crunched on Monsanto's frankenstein crops.

Carry a 3 cell "D" maglite with a TerraLux MiniStar5B bulb.....or better yet a 4 Cell "D" maglite with a TerraLux MiniStar30M.......it'll light up that sucker so you can see it.....the MiniStar30M bulb will set the sucker on fire.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Real professional vampire hunters were employed here in new england (where i saw this massive bat) right up through the year 1915,where hundreds of graves have been intentionally and accidentally unearthed through the years and often the skeletons found within had stakes driven into their hearts and sometimes they were also decapitated as well,proving beyond all shadows of doubt,those types of strange and frightening things were not the inventions of hollywood and were not fictional stories written in books > crazyhorsesghost.hubpages.com...
edit on 6-6-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I was speaking of the bat you saw. That Ozzie story is just gross. He was so high, he thought it was a prop.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Bats with four foot wingspans must have some fairly large teeth and fangs and the thought of one that size suddenly and silently swooping down within the darkness,violently thrashing its wings, screeching and biting without warning,is truly frightening and could actually happen to someone right here in massachusetts and anywhere else in the united states as well,because four foot wingspan bats are a reality around here,i saw one with my own eyes all too clearly...
edit on 8-6-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Sounds like KRYLL!!!!!!

Gears of War reference.
edit on 9-6-2012 by Surtur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
It would be interesting if you had provided a bad boy pic

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join