It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global social issues and unrest ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
We the people on the third planet from a star called the Sun are in some serious trouble, not from religions, governments, plagues, aliens, natural disasters, wars or human disasters, all of which are good reasons to be concerned. But no, the doom I see is in our ability to hate each other for the most petty reasons imaginable ... mostly because of the before mentioned topics.

We are all in a struggle, that is out of most of our hands, it does not matter what country you live in. Those who hate another people because of what a government does your wrong, if you hate another religion because of what they believe you are wrong, if you hate people because of their opinions or how they live their life your also wrong.

There is some serious issues going on our planet, no matter your skin color or language we are all the same race, this is all of our home. The majority of us are being put in bad situations we have zero control over and in this vacuum we go after those who have different views, opinions, skin color, sexual orientations, language, religion ... misplaced anger and hate in an attempt to control our fate.

I am not going to sit here and try to say I have the answers, no one really does ... Some may think they have all the answers to all of our troubles, its just ideas though. I would like to believe that the majority of the human population wants to see wars stopped, people stop getting killed and generally have a good decent life of their choosing.

In the end though, we are all dependent on each other. Me personally, I do not care your nationality, color or creed. If your in trouble and I am in a position to help, I will be there. I would like to think others see this as I do. Yes, I am American and yes, you may have seen me go head to head with people who hate America, let me explain. I do this in defense of people ... not the United States Government, which honestly ... they concern me to. But to hate an entire population because of its government is simply bad judgement and a very narrow minded way to look at things.

My point is that the unrest in the world is not the majorities doing but we are not helping matters by going after each others throat, its the wrong approach. The majority of us are the same, in more ways then most know. Stop letting fear, uncertainty and the unknown control you, your actions and your believes. Learn some compassion and understanding, we are all the same and really need to act that way, open your eyes and your mind.
Practice and teach this. It could change the world for generations to come, for the better ...

Maybe it is just my dream ... I am an INFP after all

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I figured this would be ill received, sad fact is violence, hate and drama is just in our nature. After reading all the hate I couldn't help but to try and talk some sense to somebody ...

*crickets*

join