It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DC Comics' Green Lantern is now gay

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
A true fan won't care about who the green lantern takes to bed. I think it's sweet.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
It won't be received in a positive manner. Game developer Bioware made the mistake of putting homosexual romance into one of their most anticipated games ever and the fans went ballistic.

“This game is a slap in the face to those who have been there since day 1”

“What the hell were they thinking? Putting gay scenes into video games? If I wanted political messages, I’d watch the news. I do NOT want games becoming yet another medium for propaganda”

Entertainers should always think twice before messing with the majority of their audience to cater for a minority of a few percent.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

So what? You don't like the Green Lantern now that he is gay?

link   
This is part of DC Comics whole Franchise reboot, starting with the New 52 and now they have brought back the Earth 2 characters of the Justice Society of America.

Its actually a smart plan from a company that was ailing a little, with a whole crop of late 40's heros that needed bringing into the modern age. The New 52 and Earth 2 reboots also do away with the jumbled mess that was the "Crisis on Infinite Earths" continuity that effectively wrote out a whole section Golden and Silver age hero's in some completely screwed up retconning.

Companies have to adapt to survive. That's called business acumen, and this is nothing more than that really.

link   
reply to post by Shark_Feeder

Actually in Earth-2 Huntress is the daughter of Bruce Wayne and Catwoman. So let's hope there's not any sexual tension between them.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Shred

Clearly you're not very familiar with comics. They've always been used as a medium to make social commentary. In fact those issues that explicitly deal with social issues are some of the best selling. As I mentioned earlier the X-Men were a direct product of the civil rights movement. So do you think we should get rid of the X-Men as they were created to "cater for a minority of a few percent."
edit on 6/1/2012 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

Actually in Earth-2 Huntress is the daughter of Bruce Wayne and Catwoman. So let's hope there's not any sexual tension between them.

I was not aware of that...
Good to know. I bet that also explains how she came to be "The Girl Wonder".

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

So I did a little reading....and

In actuality this new female Robin will not be Huntress (The refer the new Robin as "formerly huntress")...So from what I am reading things could still get interesting for B-Man....Huntress is actually adventuring with Powergirl in another world in the current story.

And don't forget all of Earth 2 heroes are a good deal younger than they formerly were, mostly 20's...Batman has no kids yet apparently.

Enough about Batman!

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Bkrmn

What's next, a black one legged lesbian? My sincere apologies to those who are physically challenged, but I'm only trying to not miss anyone out, lest I be labelled as being discriminatory.

Black lesbians have feelings to! Not just the handicapped ones.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Was I the only one hoping there was going to be a gay Superman?

Come on a romance between Clark Kent and Jimmy Olsen would be awesome, instead of Lois Lane.

You don't even need to change anything really.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

My theory on why they did this instead of introduce a new gay character:

They didn't think creating a new character and introducing him to the world as a gay character would attract enough of a following or audience or approval.

So the took the most obvious choice for a possible gay super hero and had him become gay so in hopes to at least save some of the fan base and there fore you now have your following or fan base for your new gay super hero.

He may lose some fans but some will stay loyal for sure.

o well....regardless....even when he was straight he was one of my least favorite characters. Just not and interesting enough world around him.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

From what I've read Huntress is Robin in Earth-2 and Power Girl is Supergirl. When they crossed over into New Earth they changed their identities to what they are in World's Finest. With the New 52 Earth-2 has drastically changed. Apokolips has invaded Earth and during the ensuing war Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman are all killed. This is also when Huntress and Power Girl get sent to New Earth.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

Originally posted by buster2010
Batman was a pedo.

Actually, there's no suggestion of sex here at all. There was a time when it was possible for two people to sleep next to each other, without it being automatically assumed that sex was involved.

The main reason why that has changed, is because of the homosexual assumption that celibacy or asexuality is unthinkable. Gays seem incapable of avoiding any opportunity for implying homosexuality, anywhere they can find it.

Remember they called Michael Jackson a child molester for doing the same thing.

Btw in case you missed it I was joking. You should have picked that up with the greenbows comment. A lot of comic fans used to make jokes about him and Superman being pedos. Because in the old days you never saw any of the hero's dating anybody much less admitting they were even interested in women. There were a few hero's that were married but they were few and far between.

Here's the pic they always use for Superman.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

They actually did introduce a new gay character in one of their big name titles. His name is Bunker and he's a member of the Teen Titans. Nobody really seemed to notice.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

From what I've read Huntress is Robin in Earth-2 and Power Girl is Supergirl. When they crossed over into New Earth they changed their identities to what they are in World's Finest. With the New 52 Earth-2 has drastically changed. Apokolips has invaded Earth and during the ensuing war Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman are all killed. This is also when Huntress and Power Girl get sent to New Earth.

I can't claim to be an expert on anything other than Swamp Thing....

I am definately going to be keeping up with the new Earth 2 comics. I love changing things up.

For the record, I think Bunker's powers are the S***!
edit on 1-6-2012 by Shark_Feeder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turkenstein

Originally posted by Bkrmn
If the gays need/want a super hero, surely a new one could have been invented, instead of messing with the sexuality of one such as Green Lantern who has been established in the minds of his fans just the way he is! I don't even know why sexuality has to be brought up in a comic strip anyway, especially one with a character who has been a hero to millions of kids for decades. What's next, a black one legged lesbian? My sincere apologies to those who are physically challenged, but I'm only trying to not miss anyone out, lest I be labelled as being discriminatory.
I haven't read a comic strip for about 50 years, and for the life of me can't think of any reason why the writers would choose Green Lantern, when they have Batman and his boy wonder, Robin.

Because, no one is interested in "Rainbow Man." What do they do instead of creating their own, they highjack a popular hetero comic and queer it up. I can not believe the odacity they exhibit when they try to convince us that it won't have a negative effect on our young impressionable boys. ppffftttt?

There already has been a Rainbowman. A rainbow Batman that is Detective Comics Vol 1 #241.

He wore the different colors to help with the villain they were fighting.
edit on 1-6-2012 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
The gaystapo just turned the Green Lantern gay.
Run for your lives.
edit on 1-6-2012 by Dr Cosma because: they made me do it

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I've definitely been enjoying the New 52. I'd say Swamp Thing and Animal Man have definitely stood out as the best but Snyder's Batman has been great and as expected Morrison has done an amazing job with Action Comics. I really need to check out some of the new titles that just came out. Batman Incorporated should be good and I'm really interested to see how China Mieville translates to comics with Dial H.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
not robin ?

oh yeah, can't kill a franchise that made money

not aquaman ? well, gay beastiality will have to wait 30 more years

thank god the green lantern movie stunk, and my 6 year old worships hulk and spider man, whew that was close

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma
The gaystapo just turned the Green Lantern gay.
Run for your lives.
edit on 1-6-2012 by Dr Cosma because: they made me do it

How do you join this gaystapo? I could totally rock epaulettes and jack boots.

Clearly the Green Lantern should be given at least one gay super power. I vote for the ability to watch a Cheryl Cole dance routine just once and then be able to reproduce it at will. (not Lady Gaga, she can't dance)

Wonder Woman's always been my patron saint anyway. I'm not fussed about the Green Lantern.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join