DC Comics' Green Lantern is now gay

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I disagree. I would say that most people do have a problem with Namor, it's just that, in general, they have more of a problem with Aquaman. Although admittedly I have enjoyed Aquaman a little more in the New 52, and the little wings on Namor's feet are pretty lame....

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

How is that any lamer than Green Lantern's weakness to the color yellow, Wonder Woman's weakness to being tied up, or Mxyzptlk weakness to saying or spelling his name backwards?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by Hydroman

How is that any lamer than Green Lantern's weakness to the color yellow, Wonder Woman's weakness to being tied up, or Mxyzptlk weakness to saying or spelling his name backwards?

Ooo...now Wonder Woman's weakness could have really been used had she been the outed one.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Hey, even the Gay Community needs a Super Hero. I think it's just fine......

Des

But the Gay community do have a super hero to look up too......Wonder woman!!

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six

Originally posted by Destinyone

Hey, even the Gay Community needs a Super Hero. I think it's just fine......

Des

But the Gay community do have a super hero to look up too......Wonder woman!!

lol
ok,,see that i like.
u dont have too be an ass all the time.
Apoligize about the Seal's

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
and if someone says " Wonder woman " is a lesbien,,,,

bi,,well,, lol

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Those writers were going through a gay phase when they wrote those things...

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

*sigh*

Why couldn't it have been Wonder Woman?

Oh well.

DC is PC, now.

"PC" has nothing to do with it. They are following Marvel's move of having a gay outing after the "Gay Wedding" X-men issue. That's all. It's about money, trying to garner attention. It won't work, not even the recent glut of movies has upped comic books sales really. Keep trying guys

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
So what happens to Obsidian and Jade?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Originally posted by beezzer

*sigh*

Why couldn't it have been Wonder Woman?

Oh well.

DC is PC, now.

"PC" has nothing to do with it. They are following Marvel's move of having a gay outing after the "Gay Wedding" X-men issue. That's all. It's about money, trying to garner attention. It won't work, not even the recent glut of movies has upped comic books sales really. Keep trying guys

Actually comic book sales are pretty high right now....

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Short lived, same thing happened when Spiderman came out then it died off. Happens when big movies come out and then the sales die off again. Not sure what they are going to do when people are finally sick of comic book movies and those die off. Hopefully Marvel won't go damn near bankrupt again.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
No more Green Lantern for me.

I wouldn't be opposed if they created an original superhero who was gay, but I just can't support turning an already established hero gay.

Call me a homophobe and berate me all you want, but this is how I feel.

Might as well make all superheroes gay. Spider-Man, the Incredible Hulk, Superman, the entire membership of the Avengers, Justice League, X-Men and every single superhero character in every single character gay.

Frag it, why not just make Garfield the cat have a gay romp with Linus and Charlie brown and Snoopy and Tweety?

Let's just make Bugs Bunny gay and have a foursome with Daffy Duck and Yosemite Sam and Pepe le Pew.

Create original characters that are gay, stop turning long established characters gay.

I'm sick of this "turn 'em all gay" crap.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
You always figured it would be BATMAN coming out as gay... considering the level of homoeroticism in that comic for the last 50 years...

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminotreal

From what I've heard they've retconned him as being a young man again. As a result he's not married to Molly and Jade and Obsidian haven't been born. That's one of the reasons they decided to make him gay. Since Obsidian was openly homosexual they felt they needed to make up for the fact they were getting rid of him.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Once again this is not the Green Lantern you're thinking of. I don't even think Alan Scott has starred in a comic since the 40s. He's pretty much relegated to cameos during crossover events. I'm not even sure this is New Earth Alan Scott. It's possible that it's Earth-2 Alan Scott which means that it's not part of the main universe.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
I'm Polish. Where's my super hero?

I want one that rides a flying beer keg and beats villains into submission with a giant kielbasa.

Prodigy from Alpha flight and the leader of the Blackhawks were Polish.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Once again this is not the Green Lantern you're thinking of. I don't even think Alan Scott has starred in a comic since the 40s. He's pretty much relegated to cameos during crossover events. I'm not even sure this is New Earth Alan Scott. It's possible that it's Earth-2 Alan Scott which means that it's not part of the main universe.

You are correct. It is Earth2 Alan Scott. He was around a long time ago but it is still a pretty significant character in the overall history of comics they chose to out.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman
The Green Lantern Alan Scott is not the same as the Green Lanterns of the Green Lantern Corps. Alan Scott's powers are magic which comes from the Starheart, a magical entity once imprisoned by the Guardians.

Now, having clarified that, I shall continue to wear my Green Lantern (of the Green Lantern Corps) t-shirts, so it does not mean I am coming out as gay since the Corps are different from Alan Scott.

*shifts eyes side to side
edit on 1-6-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

All of the green lantern corps powers are magic based. Remember Scott was also able to charge his ring using the Guardians battery. The green element was created by gathering all of the stray magic found in the universe.

This is how DC first told the story but over the years they have changed it an element that the Guardians just found somewhere.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Properly hydrated he can lift 10,000 tons.
Properly hydrated? Bwa hahaahha, that's so gay!

Properly hydrated? so gay toraid is his elixiour of choice?
prolly better then homo milk

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomLimb
Doesn't it seem like DC is just throwing a gay character out there just to have one?

Looks like a pitch to get extra $$$ from the homosexual community.

I'm surprised the guy doesn't shoot rainbows out of his eyes.

Good thing Batman is my favorite hero.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join