It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DC Comics' Green Lantern is now gay

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by knoledgeispower

Because homosexuals are still a demographic that are widely discriminated against. If we lived in a perfect world it wouldn't matter. Since we don't we still need to illustrate to people that homosexuals are no different than they are and that they can achieve the same heights heterosexuals can. The beauty of them choosing Alan Scott is not only do they avoid the complaints they received with the Batgirl reboot but they also show that anyone could be homosexual despite what you expect.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

Originally posted by buster2010
Batman was a pedo.

Actually, there's no suggestion of sex here at all. There was a time when it was possible for two people to sleep next to each other, without it being automatically assumed that sex was involved.

The main reason why that has changed, is because of the homosexual assumption that celibacy or asexuality is unthinkable. Gays seem incapable of avoiding any opportunity for implying homosexuality, anywhere they can find it.

Nah, they can't make Batman and Robin gay because everybody knows the pedophiles are old straight guys who just like young boys, not gay guys, they only like adults.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by dorkfish87

I would disagree with your argument on the basis that it is a nearly physically impossible to turn one's self black if they wanted too. Other than possible intense surgery/medical procedures or make-up. So even if a kid wanted to be black it would be incredibly difficult to do so, so we can't conclude that kids that idolize African-Americans don't want to turn black.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Why do children need to know the sexual preferences of a fictional superhero? Aren't superheroes supposed to be out saving the world and not trying to get into Donald Trump's assets? lol

If you've ever watched the British show 'Torchwood' you'd find that the leading man is quite gay, with gay sex scenes. This doesn't add or take away anything from the show, so why even put it in?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by g146541
Ok so hal is from earth, "our" earth and alan is from earth2 an other world I guess.
So just one of the green lanterns is gay, not ours.
I guess you could say that DC has in effect thrown the gay community a bone?
No. The Green Lantern Alan Scott is not the same as the Green Lanterns of the Green Lantern Corps, which Hal Jordan is a part of.

Alan Scott is a separate entity. I'm going to hurt someone.

Ok, so he is kind of like a rogue green lantern from what I'm understanding as he is a green lantern but not of the gree lantern corps, correct?
BTW, I admire you taking a proud stand with your avatar!

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by knoledgeispower
You know why they did this? To continue feeding the fuel that is dividing up everyone. As a group they couldn't take us so they have to break us up. That's where political correctness comes in. Break up the communication amongst the people. Have MSM talk about Racism, Violence, Hate Crimes, and other negative stories to cause fear and spread anger and hate so there is more people fighting with each other. Hate your brother & fight him instead of fighting the one who is putting the shackles around your neck.

Well if gay is the new black, I agree!
Very wise statement here.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

Because all black people look like that????????????????????????????

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
F this.

The genre is dead to me.

What's next? Batman and Robin gonna give each other reach arounds in the batmobile?

SMFH

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by dorkfish87
reply to post by KnawLick

Actually it's 10-15%

And. Child idolizing a gay man won't make him want to be gay. Anymore than idolizing a black hero makes a kid want to be black

I call bull# on that, children know that they will not become "black" by idolizing a black person, but by idolizing a lifestyle they can achieve it. Homosexuality is a lifestyle choice not a skin color.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet
Homosexuality is a lifestyle choice not a skin color.

If homosexuality was really a lifestyle choice, why do young gays still commit suicide instead of choosing to love the opposite sex?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

I think the story is false, a hoax, a farce. Nuff said.

This is no hoax, or farce my friend. Here is a preview of the issue where Alan Scott(The GL) is revealed to be gay(he has already been in the comic
)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Yeah right, they choose to be bullied, ridiculed and made fun of.

Tell me - how does it feel to be what's wrong with society?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

I have never bullied, ridiculed or made fun of any one different than me. Don't be so fast to judge. I never said or would I ever say that that lifestyle choice was wrong or or right..that is there choice not mine.

I was not judgmental in my post.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Tell me, how does it feel to jump all over some ones back, and label them?

I labeled no one, I judged no one, yet you labeled me and judged me.

If you had bothered to read any of my posts, you would have seen that I am a protagonist for the gay right movement but, instead you choose to label my post in this thread as anti gay which is a grave error on your part.

edit on 2-6-2012 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

XL5

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Too bad they missed the boat with the whole gay thing. They could have got alot more readers if they made Rogue a closet nerd and Beast into a sex crazed...beast. Then again, thats Marvel.

I don't know, they could have done it a hell of alot better then they did. What they did was to give the whole gay thing a tiny victory and turn many more off. In my opinion, if they (DC) want to do something great for gays, make a new super hero who is not outwardly gay in anyway who needs a mentor to figure it all out and finds the X-Men (yes a DC/Marvel cross over). That way, both gays and anti-gays win IMO.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
but dc has a gay hero already.

batwoman.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

I have never bullied, ridiculed or made fun of any one different than me. Don't be so fast to judge. I never said or would I ever say that that lifestyle choice was wrong or or right..that is there choice not mine.

Why would people choose to be bullied, ridiculed and made fun of?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Tell me, how does it feel to jump all over some ones back, and label them?

I labeled no one, I judged no one, yet you labeled me and judged me.

If you had bothered to read any of my posts, you would have seen that I am a protagonist for the gay right movement but, instead you choose to label my post in this thread as anti gay which is a grave error on your part.

Because you called it a lifestyle choice. There is no excuse for being a complete idiot so you get put in the same basket as the people that scream god hates fags.

I'm sick of sitting on the bloody fence, I'm angry.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Why would people choose to be bullied, ridiculed and made fun of?

Is that all you see of these people?

All you seem to see is victims, the people I see that choose this lifestyle are brave and insightful warriors. People who choose to do what feels right instead what is written in some book, or some ones bigoted mind.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join